Author Topic: Funko Fundays 2022  (Read 8486 times)

Offline Dezurtdog

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
Funko Fundays 2022
« on: May 13, 2022, 02:58:34 PM »
Any word on the biggest party on the planet? 🥳
@drbrown88

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: Funko Fundays 2022
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 03:09:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Any word on the biggest party on the planet?
From responses to today's Q&A

Q: Will there be an announcement about Fundays soon?

A: Yes! Stay tuned for details!

Q: Will there be a fundays this year?! #funko #funkofundays #askfunko

A: Yes, Blacklight themed!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:11:00 PM »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 06:15:24 PM »
Red Five standing by ready to miss out....

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 01:49:17 PM »
Red Five standing by ready to miss out....

You are lamenting before it even goes on sale ?  At least be a patient pessimist. 

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 07:24:31 AM »
You are lamenting before it even goes on sale ?  At least be a patient pessimist.
I'm a realist.  I'll try, but I also realize the odds are not in my favor.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 08:22:32 AM »
Can anyone chime in with possibility of attending this event AND getting wristbands for Hall H Saturday?  It seems the two events coincide making this an either/or, though I suspect some resourceful folks have been able to do both

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 09:08:54 AM »
Can anyone chime in with possibility of attending this event AND getting wristbands for Hall H Saturday?  It seems the two events coincide making this an either/or, though I suspect some resourceful folks have been able to do both
Hard to tell until line info comes out, especially since everyone is expecting changes to the procedure this year.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 10:22:48 AM »

We heard about this situation pre-covid.  They waited in the hall H line.  Got wrist bands.  Then went to their friends in the Funko line.  Then I think there was a 4 to 1 ratio of waiting in the Hall H line Friday night.  So then after Fundays they took the midnight shift after their other Hall H friends were in line during Fundays.  I am not positive how they got the wristband timeline.  But the waiting was 4:1 in the Hall H line over night Friday until I think around 7am Sat. 

I would sit tight and call them or email them now or as it comes closer to Hall H protocol and even give them your specific situation.  Would be a first world problem if you got Fundays tickets. 

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 10:47:09 AM »
Hope we can start a group buy for this

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 11:10:02 AM »
Lurking and following lol  ;)
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 03:51:21 PM »
We heard about this situation pre-covid.  They waited in the hall H line.  Got wrist bands.  Then went to their friends in the Funko line.  Then I think there was a 4 to 1 ratio of waiting in the Hall H line Friday night.  So then after Fundays they took the midnight shift after their other Hall H friends were in line during Fundays.  I am not positive how they got the wristband timeline.  But the waiting was 4:1 in the Hall H line over night Friday until I think around 7am Sat. 

I would sit tight and call them or email them now or as it comes closer to Hall H protocol and even give them your specific situation.  Would be a first world problem if you got Fundays tickets.

The ratio is 1:5 and in past years they wristband Hall H while the Fundays show is going on.  Usually, they wristband at 7-7:30pm and Fundays show start at 7Pm.  So essentially you will miss part of fundays depending on were your group is in line. 

If your group is far enough back then you might get the wristbands after.  Essentially the person at Fundays has to make a judgment call on when to bail.  With no service it's hard, you will essentially have to leave to keep checking your phone to see if they are close to wristbanding your group.

But at Fundays they have broken down the front before wristbands start in Hall H (historically) so to get the BOF you need to do that first.

Essentially if you want to do it you will be anxious and paranoid the whole time.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2022, 07:47:12 PM »
I was going to ask what exactly Funko Fundays entails but I found this blog post from 2019. I am assuming it probably similar to that event - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The $150 ticket price was a bit of a surprise to me. But judging from the posts here most people who attended thought it was worth it/are looking forward to it again?

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 07:56:48 AM »
I was going to ask what exactly Funko Fundays entails but I found this blog post from 2019. I am assuming it probably similar to that event - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The $150 ticket price was a bit of a surprise to me. But judging from the posts here most people who attended thought it was worth it/are looking forward to it again?
It 's open bar for the first two drinks. All the appetizers you can eat. Limited edition Pops. Worth it. But sells out soooo fast.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2022, 05:20:03 AM »
Fingers crossed getting in lol. Last time was heartbreaking not getting in knowing that other's had the code in advance and beat a lot of true fans getting into party. Funko doesn't care even when you took screenshots showing how many people knew. Their booth is madness too. It's annoying that they let the people they know to cut in front of people standing in line or trying to get in from not getting the lottery. Then if you don't get access from the lottery you have to do a type of Simon says with everyone else trying to get access to the booth, which is madness in itself since there was a lot of shoving last time too :(

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2022, 09:53:16 AM »
I guess they do  need to created this artificial exclusiveness in order to generate demand or else they will turn into Figpin.