Author Topic: Funko Fundays 2022  (Read 8484 times)

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
Re: Funko Fundays 2022
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2022, 07:39:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've always used Twitter and never Instagram.

I used TweetDeck this year and that helped a lot.

Yes, TweetDeck was very important in the end (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login). I was just refreshing Twitter and it started having problems loading. In searching how to fix that I came across tweetdeck and had that open as well on my other monitor set to view only the funko account, no other tracking/windows on Tweetdeck, and set the audio notification on for it with my audio cranked up. It did a very loud alarm sound when a new post came up on twitter and I clicked via my other browser because I could not see the direct link there (since it was in a reply rather than the post which was really dumb).

I would be very surprised if anyone got it off instragram giving the even poorer way they shared it there via the story option.

As for the exact time I don't have it to the second but my history says for both the post and eventbrite that it was 12:35pm.

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2022, 10:52:17 AM »
I had the glory of clicking the twitter notification immediately and then clicking the ticket bar and then limbo of searching for tickets until it timed out.  :(
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #107 on: Today at 09:49:04 AM »

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2022, 10:55:15 AM »
Hope people get to go and sit next to one of their retailers.  Toy Tokyo for example.  You will 'win' the better of the LE ones in their section.  If you sit in the other sections, you wont get the super LE ones.

I saw this comment on twitter, I'm wondering if it makes any sense (if seating matters?). Further,  I am not sure you can even choose your specific table # when it is assigned at check in (other than being seated with a group) or have a way of knowing which tables are near retailers.

Offline valorvalor

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2022, 12:11:01 PM »
I saw this comment on twitter, I'm wondering if it makes any sense (if seating matters?). Further,  I am not sure you can even choose your specific table # when it is assigned at check in (other than being seated with a group) or have a way of knowing which tables are near retailers.

my past experience was all random seating but I'm sure there could be a way to try to know which boxes to hand out to people. Would Funko do that? I don't think so, I don't really see a point to offer "better" LE ones to retailers.

Offline DragonJuls

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2022, 07:00:32 AM »
my past experience was all random seating but I'm sure there could be a way to try to know which boxes to hand out to people. Would Funko do that? I don't think so, I don't really see a point to offer "better" LE ones to retailers.

Same.....my experience has been random seating.

Past two times when we followed directions with having our party of 10, they still tried to split us up. It's been a bit frustrating but we've made the best of it.

Note, don't make any trades with anyone at fundays with the lights off and you can't fully inspect the pop. I traded and my pop didn't have a hand....argh.

Offline ThePuffyTaco

• Freebie Table
  • Victor Lopez thanks you!
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2022, 10:24:48 AM »
Same.....my experience has been random seating.

Past two times when we followed directions with having our party of 10, they still tried to split us up. It's been a bit frustrating but we've made the best of it.

Note, don't make any trades with anyone at fundays with the lights off and you can't fully inspect the pop. I traded and my pop didn't have a hand....argh.
Always trade with the lights on but Fundays is the perfect place to trade. Speculators there to make a buck can't do their research to try and drive up prices. Want and need rule and working a large multi-person trade is definitely possible. It's the best honestly.

Then you go downstairs and its chaos.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2022, 11:55:30 AM »
BTW I am guessing that masks are not required since it is not SDCC run event and the state doesn't require it. The only reason they would be required is if the event itself decided to do so.

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2022, 03:27:23 PM »
Super spreader event?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2022, 04:35:48 PM »
Anyone going as a single to Fundays? We are trying to make a group of 10 and have 9 people. There's room for 1 more... *insert Haunted Mansion-style grim laugh*

Offline Grogu79

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2022, 02:05:42 PM »
Hi, I will be going.  I got a message on discord to post on here.  Thanks!
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government"

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2022, 02:58:31 PM »
Hi, I will be going.  I got a message on discord to post on here.  Thanks!

Glad to have you on board You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ! Please check your PMs.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2022, 11:32:29 AM »
Box of fun reveal

Hope I get the Blacklight Bandit one. Is there a whole variety of those ones or just the specific 4. Not sure what odds are of getting it.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2022, 11:59:20 AM »
Those do look like fun! I think maybe they might be selling the separately, for those who couldn't get to Fundays?

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2022, 08:47:37 AM »
Box of fun reveal

Hope I get the Blacklight Bandit one. Is there a whole variety of those ones or just the specific 4. Not sure what odds are of getting it.

Blacklight Bandit is my favorite also.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Mistborn

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2022, 05:53:28 PM »
Box of fun reveal

Bandit is cool!