Author Topic: Panel giveaways and swag  (Read 5229 times)

Offline Karin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
Re: Panel giveaways and swag
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2022, 10:14:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I started that one but I think it's true.  No Ahsoka and then they used one of the Hall H variants to fill the BOF at Fundays.  Why else would those sections be empty and no one be let in.

That's super weird tho because my sis was working that last shift at the redemption room and she said there were lots of funko boxes left that they packed back up like the devil was behind them.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2022, 12:33:02 PM »
The rumor I heard was that Funko had planned on filling Hall H, but one shipment of their exclusive Pops did not arrive in time, so they didn't have enough swag boxes for everyone. So they told CCI not to fill the back section of the hall, because they wouldn't have a box of Pops for those attendees.

There’s a photo on Instagram. The Ahsoka pops did arrive. They were removed and Rosario signed them backstage and handed them out to VIPs and staff. Funko people were claiming they never arrived.

It is what it is but don’t announce there’s Ahsoka pops and take them away. Lower expectations or make sure to hand out backstage
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 12:35:40 PM by susanml10881 »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 06:19:41 AM »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2022, 01:10:45 PM »
That's super weird tho because my sis was working that last shift at the redemption room and she said there were lots of funko boxes left that they packed back up like the devil was behind them.

It is odd but the math adds up they were short, could be they capped off two early.

Box 1 demogorgon       2100
Box 2 demogorgon       3100
Box 3 Jonny L                500
Box 5 Shang-Chi            500

Total        6200

That makes them short 300 boxes.

My guess is there were suppose to be three pops in the box to start as the BOF had a demogorgon of LE 1600 with a Hall H sticker, but something must not have come for the box of fun. 

Historically when this happens Funko does mystery boxes.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2022, 01:20:00 PM »
You’re leaving out the red demogorgon that was limited to 1600.  When you include that, the number of demorgons equals the number of freddies, and the LE 500s create a 100 piece surplus.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2022, 03:12:29 PM »
They did close off the line early, we walked over near/just after the start time and we just missed getting in, they just capped off the line and did not allow anyone to stay there or wait in line to get in. Of course I don't know if they were truly full in there or not I just found it weird at the time that they wouldn't allow anyone else to go in closer to wait in line past a checkpoint.

Wasn't too disappointed until I heard about the pop handouts  :o

I went to the line entrance behind the tents at around 2:40 and they told us it had just been capped (with nobody actually under the tents). Then when we walked back around to the main entrance around 2:45, they started waving us in so I just walked in. I was sitting near the back and saw people continue to stream in during the panel.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2022, 04:45:19 PM »
They ran out of the Hall H WWDITS redemption t shirts by the time some of my friends went to redeem their tickets.
I believe it; they gave out tickets at the door upon entering (at least to my group, who finally got in a few mins into the episode screening), and then also came came by the seats to hand out tickets.
FWIW I didn't take the 2nd ticket

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2022, 10:40:10 AM »
I believe it; they gave out tickets at the door upon entering (at least to my group, who finally got in a few mins into the episode screening), and then also came came by the seats to hand out tickets.
FWIW I didn't take the 2nd ticket

Some people said they were handed a second when they returned from the lobby to get food too. I didn’t get one at all as I didn’t get in til just after the screening ended. Slow security

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2022, 12:30:10 PM »
I also got a t-shirt from Walking Dead the Last Mile panel they had multiple sizes up to 2xl at the Hyatt redemption area. From the bold voices of contemporary horror panel, Blumhouse gave a t-shirt and air pods branded holder, t-shirt was only in size Large by the time I got to the Hyatt.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2022, 12:44:38 PM »
I was surprised how much stuff I ended up getting this year.

1. Ghost and Molly McGee - Got the poster they used for the signing (less signatures). Also since I asked a question at the panel I got “cursed” and got a Scratch plushie, too.
2. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur - Got the poster they used for the signing (less signatures).
3. Nandor Fodor - Got a button that said “Gef is a Hoax” plus some Legion M pamphlet. This would’ve disappointed me so much if this was the only panel swag I received and I needed to trek to MGH. Why couldn’t they just hand these out at the panel!
4. Omar Epps - They handed out temp tattoos from his book. No trip necessary.
5. Kodansha - They gave you a free manga book if you asked a question at their panel.
6. Keanu Reeves - I was picking up for my friend, but she received a poster from his panel of BZRKR.

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2022, 03:33:47 PM »
Koala Man and Solar Opposites had posters at the Hulu booth. Solar Opposites had a password but Koala didn’t. Booth wasn’t ready but they did start passing them out to people not too long after. The panels were great with them explaining how to get Koala Man. Hey look behind the Simpson’s posters for the ones nobody knows or cares about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2022, 06:46:12 PM »
You’re leaving out the red demogorgon that was limited to 1600.  When you include that, the number of demorgons equals the number of freddies, and the LE 500s create a 100 piece surplus.

Yep, and that surplus is for the VIP's, but I left it out because they had to use those for the BOF. So I was going by what they had to give to the audience, not their original plan, which clearly did not happen.

And we also know that some of the 500 LE were held back for VIPS, so clearly they had even less for the room.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline karli2067

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2022, 06:29:12 AM »
I also spent Sunday in Hall H, and those were the only giveaways I received.  I went in for Mayans but wanted to stay for Funko just because I loved all three guests they were having.  I had no idea they were giving away something.  When I got the ticket for the Mayans free tshirt I was so excited because there is nothing I love more than a free tshirt.  So when I got the second ticket for the What We Do In The Shadows shirt I was over the moon lol.  Then when I walked out with the third ticket for the funko pops on top of the two shirts it made my whole weekend.  Side note I am now watching What we do in the Shadows just because I enjoyed the panel and love the shirt!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2022, 08:30:30 AM »
What We Do in the Shadows is an awesome show! So glad that you discovered it because of your day in Hall H! (Don't forget the WWDitS movie, which is in the same universe.)

I also spent Sunday in Hall H. My original plan had been to walk in for WWDitS, but when I realized that Funko was giving away Pops, I knew that I had to go early and stay late. ;)

It was also my only day of panel swag, but what a day!

Offline karli2067

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2022, 09:03:22 AM »
I did not know there was a WWDitS movie!  I will have to check it out!  It has always been on my list of shows to watch but never got around to it.  I watched all of season one on the plane ride home!

edit to add I actually started watching Mayans the same way.  I went into Hall H on a Sunday for Supernatural and came out watching a new show!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2022, 09:29:47 AM »
The WWDitS movie was a small independent film from a young Taika Waititi (who also starred in it and works on the TV series). There are a few references to the film (which takes place in New Zealand) as occasionally the characters from the film appear in the show (most notably in the Season 1 episode The Trial).