Comic-Con International > CCI General Discussion

Sunday Dinner Feedback Thread

(1/3) > >>

Transmute Jun:
As we all know, this was a transition year in many ways. I was forced to find a new location for our dinner. Unfortunately, this was not an easy task, since most places want me to have a pre-set dinner menu with minimal choices (for $60-$100 per person). We ended up at Basic Pizza, which required us to order and pay for the food in advance (but at least be able to offer everyone some food selection). This meant that we had to charge people in advance, which I know was a hurdle that prevented some people from attending. Frankly, I wasn’t happy with having to collect funds and put my credit card on the hook for the entire cost, so it wasn’t my preference either. But Basic was accommodating and helped us out when we needed a venue.

So I am planning on hosting a Sunday dinner next year, but I am not sold on doing it at Basic Pizza again. I have my own opinions about the place, but before posting them, I want to give everyone else a chance to respond. For those who attended the dinner, other than pre-paying up front, what did you like and dislike about the venue?

Miclpea:
I liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car_Low:
I liked that the venue lent to more mingling while at harbor house people just ended up eating with their own individual groups instead of talking with new ones. What I didn't like is the low tables and seats made it hard to eat.

Miclpea:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI liked that the venue lent to more mingling while at harbor house people just ended up eating with their own individual groups instead of talking with new ones. What I didn't like is the low tables and seats made it hard to eat.

--- End quote ---
Yes, the tables and chairs were uncomfortable. But pizza was delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael M:
As has just been said...the pizza was fantastic. The group area was really conducive to engaging w/all which was also cool.  And much like the above, Basic's pizza was a wee bit messy that requires utensils (unless you want really messy fingers). A minor thing, and small in the grand scheme of things, but if we're keeping track. Their variety of beers and bourbon selection that I saw was very good as well.  👍from me  ;D

Thanks again You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for always pulling together something that I'm going to call a staple of SDCC, the FoCC Sunday Dinner...it was great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version