Author Topic: Other Apps to Interact With FoCC Forums  (Read 577 times)

Offline BenEatsRice

• Gaming Lounge
  • Waiting In Line
  • Liked: 146
Other Apps to Interact With FoCC Forums
« on: October 10, 2022, 08:48:05 AM »
I believe the FoCC forum is "powered by" You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login as described in the footer. I've been pretty happy using the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login app to navigate the forums on iOS, but I'm curious what other apps might be out there. I wanted to see if maybe I was missing out on something I might like better.

Does anyone have other methods of accessing the forums besides standard browser and/or Tapatalk? Have you tried Tapatalk? Do you prefer one app over the other and if so, why?
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Offline Jesse O

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 88
Re: Other Apps to Interact With FoCC Forums
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 10:33:22 AM »
Is there a way to “like” people’s posts with Tapatalk? I feel like I’m a lurker more than a poster, but I want to be able to give posters an acknowledgement when they’ve educated me or made me laugh…

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1940
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 10:37:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is there a way to “like” people’s posts with Tapatalk? I feel like I’m a lurker more than a poster, but I want to be able to give posters an acknowledgement when they’ve educated me or made me laugh…

I use Tapatalk quite often for these forums.  As far as I'm aware, I don't believe Tapatalk has a "like" button feature for posts, since it is the app itself that you're using to browse our community. (On the actual forum website, if I recall correctly, it's actually an installed mod that allows us to do that... XD)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1293
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 12:32:00 PM »
I dislike Tapatalk because spoilers are automatically displayed. But I still use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rushfanyyz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 184
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 03:35:23 PM »
I use Tapatalk quite often for these forums.  As far as I'm aware, I don't believe Tapatalk has a "like" button feature for posts, since it is the app itself that you're using to browse our community. (On the actual forum website, if I recall correctly, it's actually an installed mod that allows us to do that... XD)
I haven’t been able to find a way to like on Tapatalk either so sometimes I log in via safari just to like things XD

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1940
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 07:50:44 PM »

I haven’t been able to find a way to like on Tapatalk either so sometimes I log in via safari just to like things XD

Yep, so far, that's really the only way to use the forum's "like" button feature.  XD

Unfortunately, the Tapatalk app is just for basic interactions on forum communities - viewing and replying - on a mobile device, so at least it does its job. It's not fancy enough to do anything else, which is why spoiler tags don't work on the app either, ha ha.  If only we could build our own forum app someday...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Jesse O

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 10:28:02 AM »
Yeah… I’ll use Tapatalk if I’m out and about and want to check forums on my phone. Otherwise, it’s always Safari - even on my iPad (like right now).

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 6594
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 09:41:11 AM »
In response to tapatalk showing spoilers,
would folks like me to turn off access from tapatalk to the movie & tv show section?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5