Con Suite > Off-Topic Chat

Anyone got a suggestion for a cheap GPU for an older system ?

(1/1)

alyssa:
my son wants a graphics card for Christmas- I'm hoping to spend under 150.... ikik, don't laugh. His mobo has on board graphics so i'm looking for something better then that.
this is the mobo You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
it's 6th gen intel so it's not worth putting money into it nor do i want to build him a new rig

SteveD:
I have the exact same motherboard in my media server.  I bought You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login graphics card back in 2018 for $140 primarily for doing video encoding.

In the price range you are looking, maybe something like a GTX 1630 these days. I haven't shopped around in a while so I'm not sure what the performance is like.

alyssa:
Well, I jumped on this one for $170
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6500 XT Eagle 4G Graphics Card, WINDFORCE 2X Cooling System, 4GB 64-bit GDDR6, GV-R65XTEAGLE-4GD Video Card

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

it's from amazon so easy to return. The marks were5%better then the radon rx 580.
I'm going to keep this & give the old gpu to my son.

chocolateshake:
To anyone still looking.  The Zotac store started a refurbished GPU sale yesterday.  All but two have sold out at this point.  The 2070 for $170 was the sweet spot.  There is still a 2070 left for $210.  The good part is that it's a super.  The not so good part is that it's a mini.  But a 2070 for $210 is still a good price.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version