Comic-Con International > CCI General Discussion

Eats Around Comic Con

<< < (2/193) > >>

Trev:
I always like to eat at Tin Fish at least once or twice. Good food, right across the street and some tremendouse people watching. Also a good place to grab a beer with friends.

Breakfast I always hit Cafe 222. Usually 2 or 3 times during the con. It is my first stop after the hotel when I land.

Tilted Kilt is kind of a walk (near Petco) but has decent food and drink specials. Last year you got like 10 or 15% off with your badge.

AnnaD:
If you're picking up your badge from Town&Country, please PULEEEASE check out El Zarape!

4642 Park Blvd
(between Madison Ave & Spalding Pl)
San Diego, CA 92116

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Scallop tacos, lobster burritos, fish tacos, and carne asada fries that is super SUPER affordable!

Their menu is huge and here is their Yelp page:

TrustNo1:
Last year I tried the 'Cafe Diem' in the Gaslamp only because it was after 9 pm and I didn't know where else to go. It was pretty overpriced. I think it came out to $20 for just me. Buuut the food was really good, BIG portions, and the atmosphere was really cool. They did a nice job with the look of the place!

AnnaD:
Ah Cafe Diem!  I tried to check that out last year, but the line was too ridiculous for me!

Cartoon Network took over a pizza restaurant last year to promote..'Adventure Time'

Here are my pictures for it. 

They had people outside fist-bumping me and reciting from the show.

And they had free pizza.

Khaaaaaaanh!!!:
Phil's BBQ is really good if just a bit out of the way and usually packed. They didn't have a sampler plate so I ended up getting the chicken and ribs combo and added a pulled pork sandwich as well as an order of the brisket just so I can try it all. Tangy BBQ if that's the type you're into.

3750 Sports Arena Boulevard  San Diego, CA 92110
(619) 226-6333

Across the street from it is Dupar's which is a really good pancake and pie place (been to the one at the Farmer's Market in LA).  Good out of the way spot just to relax and enjoy breakfast.

3711 Sports Arena Boulevard  San Diego, CA 92110
(619) 224-4454

If you have a sweet tooth, try Extraordinary Desserts (multiple locations). LOTS of cakes and sweets. Bring friends so you can share or be like me and order 4 different desserts for yourself. They do coffee and such so it's a nice place to wind down at the end of the day.

Gaslamp Strip Club Steakhouse is kinda fun if you don't mind grilling your own steaks. It's a fun environment though the point of going out to eat is for someone else to serve you so it's not for everyone but if you want a good steak, the prices are very reasonable.  Plus they offer tater tots as a side and I can't say no to tots!

340 5th Ave
(between J St & K St)
San Diego, CA 92101

I went to Broken Yolk Cafe since it was featured on the Triple D show but thought it was subpar. Maybe I just didn't order the right thing but it wasn't worth it.  Did the French toast and then got biscuits and gravy. Eh.

355 6th Ave
(between K St & J St)
San Diego, CA 92101

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version