Comic-Con International > CCI General Discussion

What kind of event is SDCC for you?

(1/3) > >>

Trev:
Building off of a comment Rainer made in the tips thread, I'm curious about what kind of show SDCC is for you? Over the years, SDCC has become a mecca for geek culture -- whether it's your first show or your fifteenth (or thirtieth!), what is the big attraction for you at the show? Is it Anime? Cosplay? Comics? What is it. I've put as much as I could think of in the poll, but surely leaving something out.

There is a lot of fandom out at SDCC -- what kind of fan are you?

Rainer:
Great topic, Trev. As a strong supporter of all things artistic, I enjoy seeing and experiencing the tremendous talent that many possess. Comic-Con brings together such a vast assortment of creative minds that it always amazes me. :)

Trev:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginGreat topic, Trev. As a strong supporter of all things artistic, I enjoy seeing and experiencing the tremendous talent that many possess. Comic-Con brings together such a vast assortment of creative minds that it always amazes me. :)

--- End quote ---

I agree. One of the big attractions of SDCC for me is the variety of things there -- though SDCC is primarily a comics show for me since I grew up with comics. I really like the options to see some of the other panels, look at video games, new televison and movie promotions, and watching the outstanding cosplay.

Musica1:
I'm interested in a lot of different things at Comic-con, but since you asked for the MAIN thing, I had to put movie and tv panels.  I like seeing the stars but my favorite panels have been the "how it's done" movie panels.  Richard Taylor did a great panel showing how Weta created  things for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  For instance, he said they only gave the Uruk Hai armor on the front because they would never retreat.  And they gave them spikes on their helmets so that if their arms were cut off, they could keep fighting.

psithi:
It's still about the comics. And yes my first con was 1982. The Hollywood stuff is fun but I can live without it. Let them get their own conventions! Where else can I go look and Action #1, Amazing Fantasy 15. Tales of Suspense 39?
I'm going to get myself a golden age comic this year. Or some original art.
You kids get off my lawn, with your twist music and Snoopy dog..... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version