Con Suite > Off-Topic Chat

The Zen of Collecting: 8 Tips for Building a Better Collection

<< < (6/6)

Chris:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginTalk about collecting, i use to get comics alot years ago and stopped do to price hike and whatever else. but this past year or 2 got back into it and i never realy did do by get a whole series but have some series kinda from what i see at shops and remind what i might have stored away. now i just do by covers of character or who i like of art most and covers i like most because not a fan of all art so i just go by what is more appealing or of interest to me really since comic art changes do to every cover maker has a different art style to make a cover. and have chance collect special edition comics or like magazines based on people, movies and other like or learn from most. so a variety and by chance doubles can try sale later or donate or gift to others later maybe lol.

--- End quote ---

I've been collecting by artist for years.  It's a fun way to collect.  :)

mark:
Lack of storage is becoming more of a problem for me, and I'm not at the point where I want to start getting rid of books and collectibles. (I did try that "Tidying Up" book but it just didn't work for me.) At some point I need to invest in some flat file storage for posters, something for really large books, and something to handle all the darn funko boxes.

What has been working well for me is churning. Picking a theme every 3 or 4 months or so and going through everything to find things that fit it. Right now I'm in the middle of going from a scary to a space theme so the cave is a total disaster area but it's fun. For example somewhere there's a long box that has the Space Ghost miniseries with the Alex Ross covers and while I'm looking for it I'll probably come across a dozen other cool things that I had forgotten about.

Chris:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginLack of storage is becoming more of a problem for me, and I'm not at the point where I want to start getting rid of books and collectibles.

--- End quote ---

I have storage space, but my collection has gotten too big so I have been thinning it out for some time now.  I went a little too haywire with buying for a while there.  :)

alyssa:
i am thinking of moving to a small one bedroom.... so yeah- thining is a thing is a thing or collecting small or flat stuff (lego mini figs & comic art pages)

cabler30:
Collecting is not a problem unless u run out of space and it becomes hoarding i guess, but i have learned over time and years people do try to sale or donate what they got if loose interest in collections for any reason and that creates space. i myself have different small collections, some may have value and some may not but just shows how times have changed over the past years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version