Con Suite > Off-Topic Chat

In Memoriam

<< < (120/125) > >>

Andrew Costa Mesa:
Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac passed away.  She was 79.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

perc2100:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginChristine McVie of Fleetwood Mac passed away.  She was 79.

--- End quote ---
What a bummer.  I love the story about the Fleetwood Mac song “You Make Loving Fun” that she wrote:
she was having martial problems, and having an affair with Fleetwood Mac's lighting designer (who was their main lighting designer through 2019!).  She wrote “You Make Loving Fun” about how happy having sex with the lighting guy made her, and when her husband asked she said the song was written about how  happy her dog makes her.  They divorced shortly after, the song was a it, and the band played it nearly every night  :P

Andrew Costa Mesa:
Bob McGrath, who was one of the original cast members as Bob on "Sesame Street," passed away at his home in New Jersey after complications from a stroke.  He was 90.

perc2100:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginBob McGrath, who was one of the original cast members as Bob on "Sesame Street," passed away at his home in New Jersey after complications from a stroke.  He was 90.

--- End quote ---
This one oddly made me more sad than most.  In the pantheon of "celebrities I have zero personal relation to that made me legit sad when they died" off the top of my head there's Stanley Kubrick (mostly because I knew he was still in the process of a finishing a film), Adam 'MCA' Yauch of the Beastie Boys (they are the band I've likely dug the longest: a fan since their first album came out in the 1980's when I was in middle school up until the end, with Yauch being one I admired the most not only for his lyrical talents but his activism and film producer/distributor nature that brought several great films in theaters that might not have otherwise), and now Bob.

That original cast of The Sesame Street was my first 'schooling,' almost certainly put it in my young 1970's brain that tolerance should be the norm not acceptance, that being different was totally OK, etc.  It blew me away to realize that Bob was still a cast member into the mid 20-teens; that dedication to that work is astounding, reaching longevity that most teachers don't get to.  Even as a middle aged adult I feel like those OG cast members at least (I don't know any of the newer ones but I presume the same) 100% believed in their 'mission' of educating children in all aspects of life and I have nothing but admiration and respect for Bob and his fellow castmates who totally made a difference in millions of children's lives over the years

AzT:

--- Quote ---kirstiealley To all our friends, far and wide around the world…

We are sad to inform you that our incredible, fierce and loving mother has passed away after a battle with cancer, only recently discovered.

She was surrounded by her closest family and fought with great strength, leaving us with a certainty of her never-ending joy of living and whatever adventures lie ahead. As iconic as she was on screen, she was an even more amazing mother and grandmother.

We are grateful to the incredible team of doctors and nurses at the Moffitt Cancer Center for their care.

Our mother’s zest and passion for life, her children, grandchildren and her many animals, not to mention her eternal joy of creating, were unparalleled and leave us inspired to live life to the fullest just as she did.

We thank you for your love and prayers and ask that you respect our privacy at this difficult time.

With love always,

True and Lillie Parker

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version