Author Topic: The Walking Dead Season 7 ***Spoilers***  (Read 26826 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: The Walking Dead Season 7 ***Spoilers***
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2016, 05:57:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Too soon? I think it's too soon.

Loot Crate spoiler, beware.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Too soon.  :)

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2016, 12:50:46 PM »
Season 7 Episode 2

What I Liked
Morgan during the scenes when he introduces Carol to Ezekial. I thought it was a light and fun performance. The different Ezekial quotes written on the walls throughout the Kingdom. Richard from Kingdom. Especially when he ruins the Savior.

What I Didn't Like
The episode was boring for the most part. Still don't care for Carol's current arc that began at the end of last season. Ezekial doesn't work on screen. (Tbh it doesn't work in the comics either, but on screen it's ridiculous.) They could still call it the Kingdom and have him be king, but play it straight-up, and it would have worked better than the act. People aren't that stupid and naive and reckless to place hope in such a comical figure.

Best Line
Jerry when Carol meets King Ezekial: "Well said."

Best shot
Nothing memorable.

Random
Nothing.

What I Am Looking Forward To
When the long haired Savior is killed. That's gonna be great. From the episode previews, it seems like we are sticking pretty close to the comic. I think that Negan, unlike the Governor, will be here for the long haul. There was a scene last season when Morgan tells Rick he built the cell so that next time he has options. So we'll probably see Negan occupying that cell at some point in the second half this season. I guess I also wouldn't mind seeing someone get their face melted by Negan.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 03:25:37 PM »

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2016, 09:23:01 AM »
Carol's reaction to Ezekiel was definitely the highlight of the episode. The levity was great after last week.

I expect several more episodes of deplorable and entitled behavior from the Negan clan so you really really like Joffrey level hate them before the tables start to turn.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2016, 02:44:29 PM »
I mostly gave up on TWD, but recorded this week's episode along with Talking Dead just to see Khary Payton. He is one of my favorite voice actors, so it was a treat to see him in a real life (I use the term loosely) role.
Ang

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2016, 07:41:03 PM »
I disliked the season premiere for similar reasons that others have stated previously in this thread.  For me, it was completely far too drawn out with all of the Negan scenes, and it was so boring that it was cringe-worthy to watch.  It felt like torture just to get through the full episode.  Not one of their stronger season premieres, in my opinion, but I did like that one picnic table dream sequence with everyone sharing a meal.  It seemed to be sort of a poignant but bittersweet "Cheers!" to the departed (and deceased) characters.

As for the latest episode, I thought it was quite amusing, so much so that I actually liked it.  I loved the interactions between Carol and Ezekiel, when he was "pretending" to be that over-the-top character of the king and as his "normal" self as a former zookeeper.  I'm fairly interested in how things will play out with the Kingdom.  I honestly couldn't care less about the Saviors, but that's a major plot point that won't be going away any time soon... *sighs*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2016, 11:12:08 PM »
I didn't even record it this Sunday and I didn't watch it.......guess they really did break my heart. Don't when I will be curious enough to watch again. Wasn't sure if I'd really quit when it came down to it, but I feel pretty sure now that I have no desire over a week beyond my initial pitching a fit.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2016, 06:32:36 AM »
I really liked Ezekiel in this past episode. They did a great job of showing him as a king and then also as a regular guy. They set up their community very well and I started caring about it pretty quickly. I liked Ezekiel in the comics and I like the actor that is playing him (mostly because of Teen Titans  ;) ) If they were to just completely switch gears and make this the Kingdom show I'd be all about it. I'm dreading the return to Rick's group plus the Saviors, I'm so over it. 

That said, I'm still enjoying the comics themselves so it's not like I've checked out of The Walking Dead as a whole. The show has just....ugh.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2016, 04:21:59 PM »
I am another person who really enjoyed this week's episode. For those who were disappointed in the first episode of the season, I urge you to watch this one. There was much needed hope and levity in this episode, which, for me, balanced out some of what happened in the first episode. I like Ezekiel in the comics, but I LOVE Ezekiel in the show, and I am so happy that he is developing... something... with Carol. The way he puts on his King act is hysterical, but Carol's reaction was even more so.

I am really looking forward to seeing what the rest of the Alexandrites make of King Ezekiel. ;D

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2016, 12:45:44 PM »
I really liked this past week's episode, too! So far, I think Ezekiel is a great character because he's very well fleshed out - i.e. the facade that he puts on for his people vs. the reality of the person he shows to Carol. He definitely brought some hope back to the show after the heaviness of the season premiere, and I'm intrigued to see what his relationships with Carol, Morgan, and (eventually) other members from Alexandria look like going forward. And, as a side note, Carol's reaction to everything absolutely cracked me up  :D

Unfortunately, I feel like the preview for this week's upcoming episode looks like we're going to be swinging back onto the heavy side of things. Plus, I have a serious weak spot wherever Daryl is concerned  :-\

And you'd think with all of the Game of Thrones that I watch, I would have learned by now to NOT get overly attached to characters...
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2016, 08:15:04 PM »
OMG, that song! I'm loving that song!

I have this overwhelming urge to do the Carlton Dance whenever I hear it...

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2016, 02:46:21 PM »
Now that my recap is up on the blog, I'll weigh in on this one a bit more here  ;)

I actually really liked this week's episode! Okay, let me rephrase that. I hated watching Daryl get tortured. But I thought that the episode itself was very well done. They definitely did a great job at bringing a lot of merit to what could have come across as another "filler" episode. The psychology of it was fascinating, and someone should definitely be getting a raise for the choice of music in this. Seriously, when you can't get "Easy Street" out of your head 2 full days later, you know that the episode was effective!

One thing that I find interesting is that I kind of felt like the song was being played sporadically on repeat to drive Daryl insane, whereas it seems that many other fans feel like Dwight was using Pavlovian conditioning on him - i.e. the song is only played when Daryl is fed and, if he's not fed, he'll go crazy (which makes sense, considering the idea that Pavlov used this on dogs combined with the fact that they were feeding Daryl dog food). I think that it can easily be taken either way (or, a combination of both ways), but I was curious as to what everyone else on here thought about that!

Also, as a side note: does anyone else find that if Negan is in a scene that is supposed to be completely serious, you can't help but laugh at some of the ridiculous stuff that comes out of his mouth? I find myself randomly laughing at his dialogue at least once a scene, and then I feel guilty about it!

OMG, that song! I'm loving that song!

I have this overwhelming urge to do the Carlton Dance whenever I hear it...

Haha, OMG! I would like to thank you for posting this because now, whenever I get that song stuck in my head (which is averaging on at least once an hour), I start to think about the Carlton Dance and actually get less annoyed by the prospect of the song! Carlton Dance FTW.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2016, 02:54:53 PM »
I hated watching Daryl get tortured.

Still not sure if I want to watch this season....   :)

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2016, 02:55:47 PM »
Don't forget that a big cheesy grin is mandatory for the Carlton Dance. ;D

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2016, 03:32:34 PM »
Four days later, and this song is STILL. STUCK. IN. MY. HEAD ???

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2016, 03:43:16 PM »
Due to the election I am late with my episode summary that I know everyone is absolutely dying to read :)

Season 7 Episode 3

What I Liked

Not much. It was another boring episode. Daryl not flinching was cool.

What I Didn't Like

Negan's tedious monologues. Sherry sneaking-up on Daryl during his fake escape. Everyone referring to themselves as Negan - I lol'd at that.

Best Line

"Daryl."

Best Shot

I guess the master in the stairwell when Sherry and Dwight are smoking.

Random

Negan's phallic obsession is annoying.

What I Am Looking Forward To

In December I think I am going to visit my sister in Hartford and cousin in NYC.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council