Author Topic: The Walking Dead Season 7 ***Spoilers***  (Read 26809 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: The Walking Dead Season 7 ***Spoilers***
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2017, 09:22:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fire generally doesn't work with walkers. The entire brain has to be destroyed, and that's the last part to burn. What you get instead are waking fireballs. They have even shown mostly charred walkers who were still active enough to bite on the show before.

Walking fireballs would work?  Like moving luminarias?  :)

How about Wildfire from Game of Thrones ?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2017, 05:51:53 AM »
I don't find the Scavengers creepy at all, just weird. But it makes sense, if they have isolated themselves in this apocalypse for years and retreated into themselves, even forming their own 'dialect'.

Yeah, I was amused too when the Scavengers seemed disgusted at the thought of cleaning their own weapons. It made me feel like a mom, laughing at my kids for not wanting to clean up after themselves. Either clean your stuff up or live like a pig!

The Richonne was fun, and it was a good vehicle to get Rick to open up about his feelings over Glenn's death and leading the group.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #167 on: Today at 06:03:45 AM »

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2017, 06:35:15 PM »
Caught up last night on last 2 episodes. The pace of this season is killing me, each episode barely moves the main plot along. If they stretch negan out into next season, i bet they will lose a lot of viewership

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2017, 07:21:24 PM »
Caught up last night on last 2 episodes. The pace of this season is killing me, each episode barely moves the main plot along. If they stretch negan out into next season, i bet they will lose a lot of viewership

Not directed at your post.  :)

When the internet blew up last year with the Negan talk, I didn't understand why.  He's a one dimensional bully character.

Update:  Watching season 6 right now.  Carl's lack of a haircut is annoying.   :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 07:30:34 PM by Chris »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2017, 01:04:58 PM »
From PaleyFest appearance of TWD cast and creators, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And while the EPs held their cards close to their chest throughout the spoiler-free evening, with the Season 7 finale of The Walking Dead fast approaching, Gimble did take a moment to reflect on where the series is heading.

“[The future of the series] focuses on Eugene’s shorts,” the showrunner joked. “No, the end of this season is very much the end of a chapter. It’s very much a conclusion that promises this gigantic, epic tale to come.” Gimple noted that the first episode of Season 8 will also mark the 100th episode of The Walking Dead, a revelation that drew big applause from the crowd.

“The first episode [of Season 8] is, I think, less about [the fact] that we reached 100 episodes; it’s more about setting up the next 100 episodes,” he said. Throughout the 90-minute conversation, the’ cast shared anecdotes from production, reflecting on their character arcs and the brutal situations the survivors now find themselves in, as Morgan’s Negan looms large. McDermitt discussed Eugene’s “cockroach”-like survival impulses; Cohan discussed Maggie’s reaction to Glenn’s death, and the life inside her that drives her on; and Masterson recalled jumping back into action-packed Atlanta days shortly after giving birth.

While not included in PaleyFest’s initial cast announcement for the panel, Martin-Green was also on hand to discuss her journey with the series. In December, she was cast as Lt. Cmdr Rainsford in CBS All Access’ series Star Trek: Discovery, leading to speculation about her future on The Walking Dead and the potential for her character to be among those next meeting their maker. Featured prominently in an extended sneak peek at upcoming episodes, her comments left fans no reason not to speculate.

“What is it, if not a miracle, just to be a part of this experience, this world, this story, this family, this extended family?” she said. “It’s been truly phenomenal to dig deeper and deeper into the story as I’ve been on the show. For me as Sasha, I feel that all roads have led here.”

Among the sprawling TWD ensemble, the MVP of the night was Lincoln, who had the audience in the palm of his hands while plotting out the way he’d like to see Sheriff Rick Grimes die-getting bit by walkers, patching himself up like the true survivalist he is, and simply refusing to die. “Holy sh*t. Maybe I’m the cure,” Lincoln joked.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 02:34:47 PM by AzT »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2017, 03:44:57 PM »
This thread has been validating to me as I thought I was the only one who wasn't wild crazy about The Walking Dead.  I really like it in some parts, but am not crazy about all of it.  I thought I was the only one.

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2017, 10:22:39 AM »
i was definitely wild crazy about walking dead.  couldn't wait for sun night, and my past love is what is making me stick around this long.  But another slow episode barely moving the story along.  Had high hopes after first episode back after mid-season break, but the show is so meandering. 

It's sad though - was so excited for Negan and I think it will actually go down as the season that jumped the shark

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2017, 02:10:14 PM »
If you guys have heard about the recent United Airlines fiasco where the guy was literally beaten up and dragged off of the plane, you will appreciate this.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2017, 02:15:09 PM »
Funny
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2017, 05:28:24 PM »
I am just really happy for Sonequa Martin-Green. I didn't like how they treated Sasha ever since Bob's death. Glad that she is leaving this dumpster fire for Discovery. One of my favorite actresses of the last couple of years on my favorite franchise. Can't wait.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2017, 08:20:10 PM »
I saw Jeffrey Dean Morgan today and he said that they will be starting to film Season 8 in 10 days. So exciting!

Online FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2017, 11:33:58 PM »
If I was showrunner on The Walking Dead I'd do two things for season 8.
1) Make Michone the central character.
2) Kill off Darryl. The show has lost its balls. Bumping off Darryl will get everyone talking, and possibly arguing, about the show again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2017, 07:59:58 AM »
If I was showrunner on The Walking Dead I'd do two things for season 8.
1) Make Michone the central character.
2) Kill off Darryl. The show has lost its balls. Bumping off Darryl will get everyone talking, and possibly arguing, about the show again.

I still think that Daryl would have been the best choice as Negan's victim in the S7 opener. Storeywise there would have been so much going on in terms of ramifications from his death. Instead we got Rosita and Sasha making a poorly-planned kamikaze raid and Daryl stayed around to set up a rivalry with Dwight. I'm okay with how it turned out,. but I do think plot-wise it would have been better for Daryl to go..

Online FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »
I still think that Daryl would have been the best choice as Negan's victim in the S7 opener. Storeywise there would have been so much going on in terms of ramifications from his death. Instead we got Rosita and Sasha making a poorly-planned kamikaze raid and Daryl stayed around to set up a rivalry with Dwight. I'm okay with how it turned out,. but I do think plot-wise it would have been better for Daryl to go..
Yep. Completely agree.

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2017, 10:14:11 AM »
Just because I don't think anyone else has posted this here yet:

The Walking Dead promotes three actors to series regulars for season 8

Get ready to see a lot more Jadis when The Walking Dead returns.

Pollyanna McIntosh, who plays the leader of the junkyard-based Scavengers - and sneaky pal of big bad Negan - has been promoted to a series regular for season 8, EW has confirmed.

Also becoming regulars are Steven Ogg, who plays Negan’s right-hand hench-villain Simon, and Katelyn Nacon, who portrays Enid, a teen survivor who has a bit of a romance going with Carl.

And that’s not the only thing fans have to look forward to when the AMC zombie drama returns. Many favorites will be getting more screen time now that a range of new communities will be in play. “It’s been a lot of placing the chess pieces and positioning and introducing key players in this landscape,” star Andrew Lincoln told EW last week. “And I think now we get to start really playing the game. The game is afoot, as they say.”

That “game” is the all-out war that kicked off in the epic battle at the conclusion of season 7 several weeks ago.

The Walking Dead returns fall 2018 on AMC.

SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)