Author Topic: WonderCon meet up??  (Read 28029 times)

Yzrfan

WonderCon meet up??
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:19:35 AM »
Anyone feel like maybe having a meet up at WonderCon? I'm familiar with the area. Maybe start off with a brief one at the Con then go to Downtown Disney to hangout and chat. Just a suggestion. If this one goes good and everyone likes the idea then maybe we could do another at SDCC.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: WonderCon meet up??
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 12:54:01 PM »
If you provide specifics like, meet here at this time, there will be interest. There was a forum meet up for SDCC so we definitely do have people who'd like to make new friends here...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:06:50 AM »

Yzrfan

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 01:04:32 PM »
Ok sounds good. Didn't know if the admins already had something set up or if anyone would be interested.

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 01:51:32 PM »
I'm down with that. Is there any pub in the area? We can go for a beer (or more) after the con closes.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »
Ok sounds good. Didn't know if the admins already had something set up or if anyone would be interested.
nope, go for it! take picutres <grin>
I won't be there since i won't be attending WC
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 02:20:13 PM »
I'm down with that. Is there any pub in the area? We can go for a beer (or more) after the con closes.

The Anaheim Resort Transit covers a pretty big area and will get you to and from a lot of good places depending on what you want.

Yzrfan

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 03:58:30 PM »
There is always the house of blues, espn zone, and the outside bar at downtown Disney. That's stumbling distance from the con and area hotels. And the major hotels (Hilton Marriott) have bars in them. There are a couple cool bars in the area, but you need transportation for them. And if you're like me, I blow all my money in the con.

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 04:11:57 PM »
The ideal spot is close to the con (I don't want to drive, and for bus, I could save few bucks for an extra beer).
But I'm open to any suggestion!

Yzrfan

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 04:23:22 PM »
Well we will have to wait to see what the weather is like. Remember last year it rained. SDCC is nice and hot, but it's also kind of cool going to a con in the rain. Guess I like the cold and rain since we hardly get any in OC. I would say someplace in downtown Disney if people are from out of town. That way they could kind of get the Disney experience without selling their first born for park admission. If people have an annual passes or were planning on going to go to the parks, we could get a $9.00 shot of beer in California Adventure.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 05:00:13 PM »
I'm interested, but honestly it depends on the Con schedule and how tired the family is. We'll be up at 6 am every morning to go to the parks...

Yzrfan

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 05:07:25 PM »
Transmute that's not the con attitude!!! Just messing with you. I know what you mean, a good night for me is being in bed watching tv. But needless to say you will be at a Con and it would be cool to put a face with an  avatar. I'm not saying a SDCC after party just a simple "hey pleasure to meet you and I can't believe you replied to me like that."

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 05:17:46 PM »
Transmute that's not the con attitude!!! Just messing with you. I know what you mean, a good night for me is being in bed watching tv. But needless to say you will be at a Con and it would be cool to put a face with an  avatar. I'm not saying a SDCC after party just a simple "hey pleasure to meet you and I can't believe you replied to me like that."

LOL, I know what you mean! Honestly, it depends on the time and the Con schedule. I'll do my best to be there.

Yzrfan

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
Transmute don't sweat it. Just giving you a hard time. I know how it is to travel with the family. I'm hoping this year they will have more of a panel selection. Last year the big panels were 21 jump street and Prometheus. Maybe a little along the hall h feeling.

Offline Briarbun

• Exhibit Hall
  • Moon Prism Power Make Up!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 11:16:26 AM »
I'll be attending WonderCon as well. A meet-up sounds rather fun. A great place to meet up might be Trader Sam's bar at the Disneyland Hotel. It is amazing! Here is the Trader Sam's page:

They have indoor and outdoor seating.
writer for Geekscape.net

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »
I'll be attending WonderCon as well. A meet-up sounds rather fun. A great place to meet up might be Trader Sam's bar at the Disneyland Hotel. It is amazing! Here is the Trader Sam's page:

They have indoor and outdoor seating.

Definitely a cool joint though if you stay long, the thunder and lightning they do might drive you nuts after awhile (I think they do it every time someone orders a hurricane?).