Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 196861 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #1230 on: October 09, 2019, 05:26:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
hi ya'll  :) Spiffy aka Spiff bkn Acasha here

Ive actually been a lurker for two years, finding the information shared on this forum to be so helpful! Ive finally decided to actually introduce myself lol

If you're a member of the Funko Funatics board, Ive been member there for few years now.

2019 was my third SDCC and Im totally an addict to the amazing madness!

I think I finally feel con-competent enough to try and find a buying group to join or start one myself. I know you guys aren't open to newbies here, but hoping maybe to make friends regardless and figure out how to get something going on my own.

Really, just want to make friends. And stop being creepy lurker haha.  ^-^

Welcome to the forums, [member=8259]spiffythedog[/member]!  Glad you could join us in our community!

I think Transmute explained the current situation for the buying groups for returning registration quite well, so I'll instead ask you this:

What are your favorite fandoms?  Also, what aspects about Comic-Con interest you (panels, autographs, toy figure exclusives, etc.)?

Once again, welcome!  Please feel free to jump into a discussion that interests you, or start up a thread about something you haven't yet seen on the forums.  You never know if others might want to chat about the same topic too.  ^__^/
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline spiffythedog

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #1231 on: October 10, 2019, 07:30:29 AM »
Thanks!

And I expected there to be Funatics floating around in here under different covers! I chose to use the same name between boards so that others might be able to find me. Hopefully I can find a few of my pals and make new ones! There is never enough time at the con or Fundays, so I'm thankful we have other outlets to connect.

And I totally get it re: the buying groups. SDCC just keeps getting more and more interest. I imagine the buying group is a challenging thing to organize, even just for a small group! Im a little bit of a geek and build tools and design financial data-flow processes for a living, so that nerdy side of me is curious about seeing one in action and how technically it all works.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1232 on: Today at 02:57:27 PM »

Offline spiffythedog

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #1232 on: October 10, 2019, 06:27:34 PM »

What are your favorite fandoms?  Also, what aspects about Comic-Con interest you (panels, autographs, toy figure exclusives, etc.)?

Thanks for the warm welcome! Favorite fandom is Star Wars, but I love so much more. Grew up reading fantasy novels, playing video games, and binge-watching television. Truly just love pop culture. As far as comic-con, I'd love to make it to a panel one day, but so far Ive had too much fun cruising the exhibit floor. My happy place at SDCC is artist alley. Ive gotten to meet so many cool people and score such great original art work. Im totally addicted! Despite being a life-long nerd, getting into collecting Funko is really what kicked off my now almost concerning pop-culture collecting habit :D

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1233 on: October 11, 2019, 03:35:52 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! Favorite fandom is Star Wars, but I love so much more. Grew up reading fantasy novels, playing video games, and binge-watching television. Truly just love pop culture. As far as comic-con, I'd love to make it to a panel one day, but so far Ive had too much fun cruising the exhibit floor. My happy place at SDCC is artist alley. Ive gotten to meet so many cool people and score such great original art work. Im totally addicted! Despite being a life-long nerd, getting into collecting Funko is really what kicked off my now almost concerning pop-culture collecting habit :D

Awesome!  It sounds like you're going to be just fine here, as we are a bunch of (friendly, of course) nerds.  ^__~  You also mentioned a lot of buzz words that get people, including myself, excited and want to talk about, ha ha!  Video games, TV, books, Star Wars...

I love the artist alley at Comic-Con as well, but if you're ever in the Anaheim area at the end of March (or early April), the WonderCon artist alley is probably my favorite so far.  It's so much larger than the one at Comic-Con, and the crowds aren't as big so you have some breathing and walking room (always plus, ha ha!).  The atmosphere also feels like "Comic-Con light" since it's run  by the same organization and people.  Truthfully some of my favorite artists can only attend WonderCon, so I see them there. XD

Looking forward to seeing around the forums!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mistborn

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #1234 on: January 16, 2020, 07:01:00 PM »
Hi all,
First year of going to SDCC is 2020! Woot! My hubs and I are going as complimentary characters throughout the week. Looking forward to a bunch of fun without any kids!!!
Happy Con-ing everyone!

Offline Hgmaddhatter

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #1235 on: March 08, 2022, 07:50:53 PM »
Hi! I'm new to the forum and new to large cons, however I've made friends within the community and am now dipping my toes into all the madness. I'm very excited to get to know everyone and hopefully we can meet up soon at a con!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #1236 on: March 08, 2022, 08:04:22 PM »
Welcome You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ! Glad to have you with us!

Offline SyndE

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #1237 on: June 16, 2022, 01:05:40 PM »
Hello... again!

Hi. Apologies for the long absence. I'm A.j. (SyndE), who is usually found with her BFF, Diego (birmabang). I will be attending SDCC this year, but D is sitting it out, so I will be solo and hope that I can meet up with some of y'all again. I haven't been to SDCC since 2015 and am eager to get back. Not staying in the Gaslamp this year, but still hoping to have fun. I can't make the Wednesday breakfast, but hope to maybe make Sunday dinner (although I fly back home on a red-eye later that night).

It's been a very long, strange two years for me, too much misery to go into here, and I am really looking forward to seeing that convention center again. And, back on the boards. I have a lot to catch up on!

xo,
a.j.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1238 on: June 16, 2022, 03:20:09 PM »

Hello... again!

Hi. Apologies for the long absence. I'm A.j. (SyndE), who is usually found with her BFF, Diego (birmabang). I will be attending SDCC this year, but D is sitting it out, so I will be solo and hope that I can meet up with some of y'all again. I haven't been to SDCC since 2015 and am eager to get back. Not staying in the Gaslamp this year, but still hoping to have fun. I can't make the Wednesday breakfast, but hope to maybe make Sunday dinner (although I fly back home on a red-eye later that night).

It's been a very long, strange two years for me, too much misery to go into here, and I am really looking forward to seeing that convention center again. And, back on the boards. I have a lot to catch up on!

xo,
a.j.

Welcome back, @SyndE! Good to see you around on the forums again.

I'm sorry to hear that it's been a rough couple of years, but I hope things are going better now. ^__^

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #1239 on: June 16, 2022, 03:26:07 PM »
Hope you can make the Sunday dinner, SyndE! We would love to see you!

Offline SyndE

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #1240 on: June 21, 2022, 03:58:51 PM »
Hope you can make the Sunday dinner, SyndE! We would love to see you!

I'm going to try - I just need to figure out how long it will take to get to the airport from the airport and plan accordingly!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #1241 on: June 21, 2022, 04:09:03 PM »
If it helps, in the past we have had people bring luggage to the Sunday dinner and go straight to the airport from there.

Offline CHEYS671Guam

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #1242 on: June 24, 2022, 04:00:35 PM »
Hi! I'm Cheysser from Guam.  ;D

I just realized that I haven't introduced myself yet. For the most part, I'm a lurker but I am trying to be more active on the forum. I used the forum in the past to find a buying group (and now they're my SDCC family hehe) & I participated in the Sunday's dinner in 2017!

2022 will be my 6th year going to SDCC! I'm so excited. Wishing everyone a safe and happy con!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #1243 on: June 24, 2022, 04:37:53 PM »
We would be glad to have you at the Sunday dinner again, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login !  If you wish to attend, just fill out the form!

Offline Cubs23331

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #1244 on: October 10, 2022, 05:10:37 AM »
Hello Everyone!  I’m David from Chicago. First attended SDCC in 2016 after a few years of trying and have loved it ever since. I met You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login this weekend in the Todd McFarlane line at New York Comic Con and he did a great job selling the site and community. Looking to possibly join a buying group for returning reg if it’s not too late. I’m already anxious/excited for Saturday.