Author Topic: “Vikings” Battle Axe Training  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Mario_c

• Ballroom 20
  • Comedian, Comic Book Writer, Fashionisto
    • My Links
  • Liked: 53
“Vikings” Battle Axe Training
« on: July 10, 2019, 12:14:35 PM »
Saturday, July 20 from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Throw It (339 7th Ave)

This one-day-only event gives fans of History channel’s “Vikings” the chance to test out a career in Viking-ness by learning the techniques required to throw a battle axe. Fun! There’ll also be a “Vikings” trivia game and the opportunity to get some temp tattoos.

Vikings stars Katheryn Winnick and Alexander Ludwig will also make appearances:
- Ludwig from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m
- Winnick from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m

PS: this one’s open to the public too.

Offline lborgia88

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
Re: “Vikings” Battle Axe Training
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 12:34:34 PM »
That does sound like fun. I like the show, and I've always wanted to try axe-throwing!   Wonder what the lines will be like though, if it's Saturday and open to the public...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:39:22 AM »

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 01:31:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That does sound like fun. I like the show, and I've always wanted to try axe-throwing!   Wonder what the lines will be like though, if it's Saturday and open to the public...

the place is next to petco park and its tiny so that should tell you a lot

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 03:14:20 PM »
I just find it interesting that's there's an axe-throwing business in downtown San Diego.

Offline valorvalor

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 03:21:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just find it interesting that's there's an axe-throwing business in downtown San Diego.

agreed! I've always heard about these places and didn't know one existed in San Diego! if not during the con, I'll make a visit after

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 03:28:08 PM »
I’d recommend going and trying it out at one of the businesses that do this. I’ve gone and it is super fun.

Definitely NOT worth standing in a long line though. My assumption that a line is going to happen and be long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 07:08:34 PM »
We threw Wednesday afternoon and it was fun. They were setting up for the offsite but didn’t hurt the experience.

FF> to Saturday and got in line around 3pm for the Lagertha signing. Line moved slow but the fans in line and celebs driving by(Aaron Paul, Norman Reedus) made it much better. It was a tough time in the sun but did make it inside and got a signature.

Tried to throw again Monday but didn’t get a chance too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 01:14:47 PM »
Winnick signing the #1 goal in con for my buddy's daughter.  We got in line after 1pm, and got to the front of the group at 3:15.  A pair of couples we met earlier in line, as we made the turn before 3pm, sat aside, and we figured out why.  At around 3:15, we were five away from the door and Alexander's signing had 10 minutes left and the Queen was running late.  They said if we were in line we HAD to go to Alexander or leave now and go to the back if we wanted the Lagertha signing.

So we split, I accompanied my buddy's wife to see Alexander,  so we wouldn't get booted out, while he took the daughter to where the couples were, so she'd get in to meet Winnick (eventually we ALL were allowed in with her to witness her history moment!!)

Side note

in between, when Darryl had driven by, Alexander walked the line and did signings and selfies with the crowd waiting for the Queen!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:17:41 PM by SamTurtledove »