Author Topic: CCI 2015 Hotel Waitlist  (Read 11593 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: CCI 2015 Hotel Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2015, 08:58:52 AM »
Got the email from my second submission's address.  Doesn't help that we already have a room under my friend's name.

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 09:30:48 AM »
It will be very interesting to see how many of these supposedly "shut out" downtown hotels have rooms released to them two weeks before the convention.  I know a friend who has gotten a call from her preferred hotel every year for the past few years that TP has released some of their rooms.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 11:57:44 PM »

Offline nb

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
I got the email too, and since I did not yet have a hotel (I needed a close hotel or I just wouldn't be able to go) I clicked on the link. It did not look like anything was available downtown. I was confused why I had gotten the email if there was nothing new available, and so I called TP and the agent was able to see that Doubletree Downtown was available and booked me into there. 

Offline buffyandstuff

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2015, 10:39:06 AM »
OP here - finally got the waitlist email! Declan, Doubletree, and Hampton Inn were available. I booked the Hampton Inn because it was cheaper and closer than my original airport hotel. It's not any of the big ones, but I'm excited anyway. :)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2015, 11:13:36 AM »
I'm glad to see people picking up downtown hotels through the waitlist!

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2015, 06:35:00 PM »
I was supposed to be on the waitlist and haven't gotten the email :(

I am really wanting to book the Courtyard Downtown.  If someone wants to pass that link on down... :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:47:11 PM by angi »

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 10:19:09 PM »
Angi, Courtyard Downtown was never one of the available hotels.

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2015, 08:42:34 AM »
I don't know how or who is getting these emails, but I didn't. I did request to be put on waitlist, but haven't received anything.

Sent from my VS985 4G

Posts, retweets, live tweets & comments of all things related to Me & My Nerd. @MeMyNerd/twitter & Tumblr

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2015, 09:56:10 AM »
If folks are wanting to switch hotels, then you'll need the email to refund your previous deposits.

The email I got didn't have a written expiration date. (Just seems like the home page was added, making the link bookable.  Could there be two links?  I didn't see the Declan on mine, nor did any room availability show up, even to show It's full.)

Offline GallifreyGal

• Room 6BCF
  • We're having soft tacos later!
  • Liked: 58
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2015, 12:24:23 PM »
Couldn't remember which waitlist option I chose during Hotelpocalypse so I searched for the post I made in the hotel thread:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Received my hotel email just after 7pm with my 6th choice, the Doubletree Mission Valley. I really wanted to stay downtown but this was my "just in case" choice. I'm disappointed but I'm very grateful that I have a place to stay.

Details on the res email are a bit screwed up. I reserved a double (for me and my boyfriend), and it turned into a single. It says I chose "book me into any downtown hotel" when I'm sure I clicked "any hotel on the shuttle route". I really don't get it.  ???

I thought that since I got one of my choices, I wouldn't be put on the waitlist, but maybe because I was in Mission Valley, I was placed on the "any downtown hotel" waitlist?  Though other people have also said they received the waitlist email even though they were booked downtown. 

Here's the first paragraph of the waitlist email I received:

Dear Comic-Con 2015 Guest,

Thank you for contacting Travel Planners to make your hotel arrangements for Comic-Con 2015. You are receiving this email because you requested to be on the waiting list for hotel reservations. We have received some cancellations at some downtown or proximate hotels: Click here to search availability and make your hotel reservation. The only way to book this inventory is online through this link. A two night minimum stay is required and no departures are allowed on Saturday July 11th. This access is good through Sunday, May 31, 2015. After that time, these rooms will be opened to other guests. This is live or real time inventory and is affected by people actively booking, changing and cancelling reservations. We cannot guarantee availability at any of your top choices, but this inventory is being exclusively offered to our waitlisted customers and is only available online.
"You know how it is. You put things off for a day and next thing you know, it's a hundred years later." - The Doctor

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2015, 02:06:52 PM »
Must be an actual "waitlist" as above or like the one I got, which just links to available hotels.  The wording on the "availablility" email misled as an actual waitlist opening:

"Comic-Con 2015 Hotel Availability For Your Waitlist Request

Dear Comic-Con 2015 Guest,

Thank you for contacting Travel Planners to make your hotel arrangements for Comic-Con 2015. You are receiving this email because you had been placed on a waiting list for hotel reservations. Click here to search availability and make your hotel reservation! This is the only way to book this inventory. This is live- or real- time inventory and is affected by people actively booking, changing and cancelling reservations; we cannot guarantee availability so please make your reservation right away!

PLEASE READ AND REVIEW SPECIAL POLICIES NOTED BELOW:

If you previously booked another reservation and wish to cancel your original reservation please follow these two steps: Make your new reservation online Respond to this email with your new reservation number(s) and the reservation number(s) to be cancelled Your cancel fee will only be refunded if your cancellation meets all of these three criteria: Your original reservation was booked into the Comic-Con 2015 Event and NOT the Comic-Con Pre-Sale Event (all Pre-Sale reservations are non-refundable) You book another hotel on the official program You cancel via email. If you cancel online or through our contact center, your deposit will not be refunded. All Comic-con deposit and cancel policies will apply to your new reservation, if booked.

Best Regards,

RESERVATION SERVICES Travel Planners is now/ OnPeak/GES Travel Planners, Inc. | 381 Park Avenue South | New York, NY 10016"

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2015, 07:58:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Angi, Courtyard Downtown was never one of the available hotels.

It may not be right now, but every year it's opened up.  TP won't send me the dang link.

Offline gunkata

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2015, 11:59:08 PM »
I previously got hotel reservations for two rooms (one for my wife and me, the other for a group of friends) at the Marriott Mission Valley during the Hotelapocalypse.  I got the waitlist email and quickly booked a room at the Doubletree, couldn't wait for my friends to get back to me whether they wanted to switch hotels.  By the time my friends got back to me the Doubletree was sold out, now all is left is the Hampton Inn and the Declan.  My friends now want to get a room at one of these hotels. 

I know that in order to cancel your previous reservation and get your deposit refunded you'll need to reply back to the waitlist email with your old and new reservation numbers.  My concern is will TP honor the cancellations even though the new reservations will be different numbers because I booked rooms in two different hotels?  Shouldn't be a problem but you never know.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2015, 06:34:39 AM »
I would call and discuss it with them on the phone. When you have a complicated issue, dealing with a live person is preferable.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2015, 07:47:39 AM »
1.  Make sure the new reservations get confirmed. In 2013, my new reservation didn't clear for a few days and they couldn't process the refund without that credit problem getting settled first.  All my communication was via email.

2.  Respond to the waitlist email only, that's the only way to get the refunds. Sort of a verification thing with the email, the recognize the recipient got the email.  Do not cancel the previous reservations via any phone communication or via the website! Let it be. The new reservations will be get new 2-day deposits.  The waitlist email correspondance ensures the other department doing the waitlist will process the refund.  The previous 2-room reservation will then be cancelled by that office, and those funds will be refunded.  Respond to the waitlist email via email only. 

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:56:18 AM by SamTurtledove »