Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Ace Parking Discussion Thread  (Read 40818 times)

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
Re: SDCC 2018 Ace Parking Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2018, 06:51:37 PM »
Good to know!

So now that our entries are limited based on how many credit cards we have, does this decrease our chances of landing in the top group or any group for that matter?  Last year I submitted 25 entries and I only got one Group 3 and one Group 4.  Don’t remember how many 5s and 6s I got.  Most of my entries got nothing.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline lilredrubi74

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 141
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2018, 07:20:30 AM »
I only submitted one form but now after reading this thread I’m wondering if I should submit another form.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:24:46 AM »

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 41
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2018, 07:32:23 AM »
I don't see much of a problem with this. It should probably cut down on people making random emails just to sign up. Ease the crazy amount of entries they probably get. If someone has 6 or 8 emails and can back it up with credit cards to sign up, I don't see a problem with that either. Last year, I think we got nothing out of 9 emails, so hopefully this helps with the odds a little.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2018, 11:50:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
All you need to do is to  buy some prepaid credit cards...

Yeah, did that for two entries, one prepaid card!  I have two Ace accounts and felt better submitting the prepaid # than my own credit card.

I don't see much of a problem with this. It should probably cut down on people making random emails just to sign up. Ease the crazy amount of entries they probably get. If someone has 6 or 8 emails and can back it up with credit cards to sign up, I don't see a problem with that either. Last year, I think we got nothing out of 9 emails, so hopefully this helps with the odds a little.

from Ace

Q: Seems like you are basing the lotto on cc# and not emails as you only allow 2 entries per cc#. That true?

A: The credit card is only to verify its a valid credit card and to avoid spammers from registering.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »
E-mailed Ace reminder (bold = mine):

In case you haven't heard the news, the Ace Parking 2018 lottery sign-up period is now open.

Entries will be accepted until the 22nd of April. We will hold the lottery drawing on the 23rd and divide the selected entries into groups for the sale in a similar fashion as last year.

You can find the sign-up page here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sincerely,

-The Ace Parking Team
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:09:56 AM by AzT »

Offline kiddo235

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »
Are you sure you can use a pre-paid credit card?  I just looked at the site and there's a space you have to fill out for Name on Credit Card *
"Always said I wanted to work in Hollywood...I should have been more specific."

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2018, 12:57:07 PM »
Just put your own name. I can confirm, I just signed up using a prepaid card.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline jnyama

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2018, 11:35:13 PM »
So just to check before I screw this up, if we have like three credit cards, we can submit 6 entries with the same email, as long as we don't use the same credit card more than twice? Do we think there is any advantage to changing the emails for each entry?  Thanks.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2018, 12:42:17 AM »
So just to check before I screw this up, if we have like three credit cards, we can submit 6 entries with the same email, as long as we don't use the same credit card more than twice? Do we think there is any advantage to changing the emails for each entry?  Thanks.

For me personally, I would err on the side of caution, so I used a different e-mail for each entry, just in case something goes wrong (or Ace pulls a fast one).  Others may have only used one e-mail address, however.  If you use the same credit card more than twice, then you'll get an error message telling you that on the sign-up page.  (Out of curiosity, I tested this out too, ha ha.)

There doesn't seem to be much of an advantage as far as we can tell at this time, since they're basing their lottery system on the credit card numbers this year, but they said they would automatically make a new "guest" account on their website for each entry in the lottery.

From the lottery sign-up page on Ace's website:
A guest account will be created for you automatically, you can use this for future purchases if you choose.

Hope that helps!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 11:32:39 AM »
The rules SAY you can use the same email, but you can't. If you try you get an error message. You can remain signed into the same Ace account, though, weirdly. But you can only enter an email into the form twice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2018, 11:51:20 AM »
That "use same email" kinda explains this confusing tweet.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2018, 03:10:12 PM »
So, out of curiosity, if we put a card down, does that have to be the card used to buy the permits?

For once, I don't need to participate in the parking sale, but this forum has helped me multiple times before to get parking for my brother. So, I would like to help out, I can put my cards down but I'm wondering if that's been answered yet? All else fails, if I get a good spot the person on the receiving end of an account could just pay me back I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:14:51 PM by Iris_aya »
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 03:53:22 PM »
So, out of curiosity, if we put a card down, does that have to be the card used to buy the permits?

For once, I don't need to participate in the parking sale, but this forum has helped me multiple times before to get parking for my brother. So, I would like to help out, I can put my cards down but I'm wondering if that's been answered yet? All else fails, if I get a good spot the person on the receiving end of an account could just pay me back I suppose.
According to what we've heard from Ace Parking, you don't need to pay with the same credit card used for signing up.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2018, 04:02:37 PM »
According to what we've heard from Ace Parking, you don't need to pay with the same credit card used for signing up.

Oh nice, I'll go ahead and sign up for a few to hopefully help people.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline cire_raeb

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2018, 04:06:05 PM »
When will Ace Parking post the list of lots participating in the lottery?