Author Topic: Game of Thrones, the Final Season **Spoilers**  (Read 35945 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Game of Thrones, the Final Season
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2019, 10:46:16 AM »
We're keeping things low key. We've been rewatching key/fave episodes and have 5 left to get through before tonight. Figure we'll do something grander for the finale.

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2019, 10:58:51 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sounds like the perfect evening!

My younger daughter is having a watch party.  She is serving meat pie, lemon cakes, shortbread cookies with stamped sigils, and more.  My older daughter and I will be sitting in front of the our tv with GoT Oreos and White Walker whiskey drinks.  And I'm already wearing my House Stark tee shirt.
Wow your daughter's watch party sounds delicious! I might have to do something like that at some point this season (maybe host a party the day before the series finale). Also your comment reminds me that I've still yet to open my White Walker whiskey xD

We're keeping things low key. We've been rewatching key/fave episodes and have 5 left to get through before tonight. Figure we'll do something grander for the finale.
Good idea for going all out for the finale! I might just have to steal this idea

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Game of Thrones, the Final Season **Spoilers**
« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:34:47 PM »

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2019, 11:36:31 AM »
I definitely want to go all out for the finale, but for this first one we'll just stick with our Oreos and GoT wine.

I'm really torn about the whole thing - I love the world and the costumes and the characters but I think the plot/storytelling in the last two seasons was straight-up terrible and I really don't think it's possible to make it a good show again at this point. But I love the world so much that I can't not watch it, even though I'm pretty sure I'll hate it.

But I hope everyone else is getting to enjoy it less complicatedly!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 03:49:53 PM »
i gave in... & signed up for hbo now on amazon.....  yes, i'm a overTheAir (ota) type
watching the last episodes of season 7 now. ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline lborgia88

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 04:59:13 PM »
A watch party sounds like a great idea! 
Me, I've been hiking today, so my plan (once I leave the pub where I stopped for a beer, or two) is a hot shower, yoga attire, wine, and some leg stretching when 9pm hits.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2019, 07:34:53 PM »
Love the episode!

My favorite part was Jon, Dany and the dragons...

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2019, 07:39:17 PM »
I liked how Jaime was so smug/happy to have made it to Winterfell undetected and then his look of dismay when he sees Bran basically waiting for him.

That pattern made of limbs and the Umber boy in the middle? So creepy.

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2019, 07:53:20 PM »
I liked how Jaime was so smug/happy to have made it to Winterfell undetected and then his look of dismay when he sees Bran basically waiting for him.

Honestly this was my favorite reunion of the night. It's a nice parallel to the very first episode.

Also when Sam was asking Bran why he was waiting outside and he replied "just waiting for an old friend" I was like "IS IT JAIME?!?" And boom, Goldenboi rides into Winterfell and I'm so hyped for the next episode. Who knew waiting for another week is torturous?

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2019, 09:30:15 PM »
That pattern made of limbs and the Umber boy in the middle? So creepy.

Also a parallel to the first episode, where the White Walkers left the corpses of the villagers in weird symbols.

In the nextie they showed Dany talking about the stories she had heard of the man who murdered her father, with Jamie looking uncomfortable...  >:D

As an aside, I added 'Spoilers' to the title of this thread.

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2019, 10:22:32 PM »
Watched it with about 10 people and we all thought for sure someone was going to die.  Filled out a prediction sheet with the prize being $11 and eternal bragging rights.

Really enjoyed the new intro!  I will be over analyzing it for sure.  I am wondering what Jon will do with the revelation.  Got super creeped out with the dead kid waking up.  Nicely done, GoT.  Can’t wait for next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2019, 07:41:18 AM »
I keep thinking about Sam’s reaction when he finds out Dany killed his father and his brother for not bending the knee - it makes my heart hurt.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2019, 08:23:08 AM »
So many reunions! My Gendrya heart was happy.

I thought everyone was a little too chill about the fact that the Night King a) broke through the Wall and b) has a wight dragon.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline lborgia88

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2019, 08:27:14 AM »
In the nextie they showed Dany talking about the stories she had heard of the man who murdered her father, with Jamie looking uncomfortable...  >:D

Yeah, and I can see her also getting some "you murdered my father," from Sam.  Granted, a case can easily be made that the mad king had it coming, and maybe even that Lord Tarly did too (Cersei doesn't respect mercy, Daenerys had to demonstrate she could be ruthless etc...)

I loved the scene at the end when Jaime saw Bran, and realized that Bran knows..   I'm really looking forward to seeing how the whole long redemption arc that Jaime has been on is resolved!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2019, 09:29:12 AM »
The big difference between Cersei and Dany is that while they are both ruthless, and understand what they have to do to secure their positions, Dany is genuinely upset (and sometimes remorseful) when she has to do things like execute the Tarlys. Cersei never has any regrets and just has a cold heart.

Question:  I can't recall...  know Sansa's and Tyrion's marriage was annulled so she could marry Ramsay... but how 'official' is that annulment? Is there a possibility that they are still married?

Questions for discussion:

How long before Sam realizes that he is head of House Tarly?

Do you think Cersei is pregnant?

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 09:38:13 AM »
The big difference between Cersei and Dany is that while they are both ruthless, and understand what they have to do to secure their positions, Dany is genuinely upset (and sometimes remorseful) when she has to do things like execute the Tarlys. Cersei never has any regrets and just has a cold heart.

Question:  I can't recall...  know Sansa's and Tyrion's marriage was annulled so she could marry Ramsay... but how 'official' is that annulment? Is there a possibility that they are still married?

Questions for discussion:

How long before Sam realizes that he is head of House Tarly?

Do you think Cersei is pregnant?

There's a possibility they're still married, but Tyrion would have to press his claim on her for it to matter, and unless a lot changes I can't imagine he would.

Sam is technically not the head of House Tarly unless he resigns his Watch, and at that point he's forsworn and a criminal punishable by death, so I think he's still not. He'd have to leave the Night's Watch and get a pardon from Jon or Dany or Cersei to become head of the house. Which is definitely possible but probably not a priority for him right away. So at the moment the head of House Tarly is Sam's sister (I think he had one?) or an uncle or cousin if not.