Author Topic: Who Do You Follow on Twitter for Off-Site Updates?  (Read 3128 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Who Do You Follow on Twitter for Off-Site Updates?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 10:37:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You can set alerts for certain accounts, but if those accounts tweet a lot of non-SDCC stuff you may get swamped.  I keep SDCC's official account on alert and then the week before I set certain shows and groups for events that I want to attend on alert.  This cuts down on the non-SDCC stuff.

I find that right before and during comic-con there can be way too much to keep up with.  Some accounts will tweet something out every couple of minutes.  So instead of monitoring them myself, I wrote bots that do and only inform me if there are certain keywords like "eventbrite", "event", "RSVP" and "register".  Worked really well for me last year and I was able to sign up for many events.

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 11:44:46 AM »
I find that right before and during comic-con there can be way too much to keep up with.  Some accounts will tweet something out every couple of minutes.  So instead of monitoring them myself, I wrote bots that do and only inform me if there are certain keywords like "eventbrite", "event", "RSVP" and "register".  Worked really well for me last year and I was able to sign up for many events.

How do you do that? Something to cut down on the noise would be great.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:37:20 AM »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »

ohhh I'd love to have access to these bots if possible.  Are these like twitter bots? Like a specific account or something that you can set on alert?

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 12:24:35 PM »
Yes please do share!

Offline Katamari13

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 07:35:32 AM »

Wow, that's very clever. I need to do that this year.

Offline handelacruz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 55
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 12:25:08 PM »
I would also like to know this neat trick. I'm wondering myself when I should turn on notifications for these twitter accounts without getting swamped by ads.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 01:56:13 PM »
I would also like to know this neat trick. I'm wondering myself when I should turn on notifications for these twitter accounts without getting swamped by ads.

Sorry for the late reply.  I only scan the latest posts and if it doesn't show up on the first page or two, it might as well not exist for me.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 03:44:46 PM by chocolateshake »