Author Topic: Autograph Tips and Tricks for SDCC  (Read 138332 times)

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
Re: Autograph Tips and Tricks for SDCC
« Reply #300 on: July 25, 2017, 11:18:19 AM »
I'm throwing this out for next year as the best and easiest autograph we have ever gotten. 

Netflix Marvel - did a Defenders cosplay photo shoot that was pretty heavily advertised for that sort of thing, and they noted that anyone attending would get a VERY special surprise.  One member of our group attended and was rewarded with being featured on social media for Defenders, a selfie with Kristen Ritter, a full shot with the cast and all cosplayers, a fastpass to the Netflix experience AND a comic book autographed by each of the Defenders. 

Total Line wait- was about 25 minutes. Total value:  Priceless.   

We will be watching for more things like this in the future.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #301 on: July 25, 2017, 11:19:06 AM »
After camping out Friday for Saturday my daughter and niece pulled for Riverdale ticket and had success. The line group I was a part of were kidding about this but my family went and did it. Lol
I went to line up to get unto the floor I meet this lady from Orlando, she was in her 60s and there by herself. I told her she was awesome and offered her to sit in my chair while we waited. She bought me a cup of coffee ☕️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #302 on: Today at 01:17:52 AM »

Offline Black_magicat

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #302 on: July 25, 2017, 12:46:37 PM »
I camped out was near front of line.... drew and did not get a ticket :(  extremely disapointed. I got back in line and by the time i got up there no more tickets. Very sad :( apparently they took standby people too even though i had asked lady near booth if they were and got a very angry NO and a lecture about it being limited. Bad experience once again and i think now turned me off to try again. I had a better shot going to panels and trying there.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #303 on: July 25, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
After camping out Friday for Saturday my daughter and niece pulled for Riverdale ticket and had success. The line group I was a part of were kidding about this but my family went and did it. Lol
I went to line up to get unto the floor I meet this lady from Orlando, she was in her 60s and there by herself. I told her she was awesome and offered her to sit in my chair while we waited. She bought me a cup of coffee ☕️

Very nice of you.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline thawk

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 124
« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2017, 07:06:46 AM »
I'd like to hear if anyone got a ticket for the Justice League auto - when were you lined up in order to get to draw etc.
nana nana nana nana BATMAN...!

Offline bennyb86

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2017, 03:22:48 PM »
I do would like to know when people got in line for the Justice League autographs.  Just as a general rule, to have a realistic shot at even drawing when would someone have to be in the everything else line?  I know it would all depend on who is doing autographs and but is there a way and fast rule?

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2017, 03:36:56 PM »
Times are all reactionary based on the autographs available and popularity. In my experience the results vary.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2017, 04:06:27 PM »
I remember as i think of the question, that SDCC unofficial blog has a page that listed signings and wat was wristband and where to go and check of any at certain booths like Marvel or DC and staff would say how to get into signing at time for the day.

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2017, 07:01:48 PM »
I do would like to know when people got in line for the Justice League autographs.  Just as a general rule, to have a realistic shot at even drawing when would someone have to be in the everything else line?  I know it would all depend on who is doing autographs and but is there a way and fast rule?

Totally agree with DRWHO42 - times and results vary by autograph, day and year.  A family member lined up for Legion on Wednesday night at 7PMand got it. I lined up WB on Thursday at 4:30 PM for a Friday draw and didn't even get to draw. You have to factor in how well they are controlling the line that day, (cutting at the marina), the size of the handicapped line, exhibitors getting there first,  and the popularity of the item.  I don't think there is a rule that can be applied to guarantee results.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 07:20:42 PM by LB42 »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2017, 06:09:44 PM »
I got atleast 2 from those more accessible and no wristband needed. was 2 comic book makers - one i know and one i didnt but got any ways cause was freebie and transformer comic so cool. i happy i get what i can anytime.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2017, 07:33:53 PM »
I got atleast 2 from those more accessible and no wristband needed. was 2 comic book makers - one i know and one i didnt but got any ways cause was freebie and transformer comic so cool. i happy i get what i can anytime.
That is so nice! You discovered someone new. We got some items signed by our favorite artist Lord Mesa. No lines, and a real treat for us.
Ang

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2017, 04:36:45 AM »
Was JL drawing was on a Thursday or Friday I'm asking because we were there early on Saturday everything else line.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
« Reply #312 on: August 04, 2017, 07:28:57 AM »
JL drawing was on the Saturday morning - day of the signing.

Pretty much all of the drawings occur the day of. Only exception is TWD.

Offline Booker

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #313 on: August 04, 2017, 03:48:33 PM »
For the Justice League signing, were the posters only available to wristband holders?  Did they give out any blank posters to attendees?  I ask because Fox gave out a ton of blank posters, the same ones they used for the signings.

Online FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #314 on: August 04, 2017, 11:44:23 PM »
I always think that one day id like to try the signings lottery. But then remember you have to be in line super early or even earlier and then I think "nah you're alright."

A wanted to try for The Exorcist cast signing as I like the show and they were signing the new poster. But by the time I looked on Twitter in the morning at about 7am it seemed hopeless.

I always think that there are people that draw a ticket for a show they don't like. Go through the autograph queue and then throw away the poster etc. Does that happen?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk