Author Topic: Riverdale  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Riverdale
« on: January 27, 2017, 10:04:29 AM »
I know I'm not the only one who watched Riverdale last night. Let's move the discussion here so we can have all of our thoughts in one place.

I've been a big fan of Archie comics since pretty much forever, so I was very excited for the show. It wasn't quite what I expected (although I knew there would be a different tone to it, and other character differences, such as Miss Grundy being much younger) but I enjoyed it. I was especially surprised by Veronica... I never expected to actually *like* her. What did you guys think?

ETA   My full review of Riverdale has been published!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:24:11 AM by Transmute Jun »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Riverdale
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »
Thanks for the write-up! Hadn't looked at anything about the show so did a big double take when I saw "Instead, he carries a lingering fascination with Miss Grundy" ...

Might be trouble when Frank finds out ;)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:07:17 PM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »
Hey, I warned you there would be spoilers! If you read ahead, that's your problem!!!! ;)

Notice how Miss Grundy bears a strong resemblance to Jughead in the comics? I think she had a love child along the way and Juggie is her grandson...

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »
I finally watched the episode.  The most I read of the comics was in the waiting room of my dentist as I was growing up.  So many unfinished as my name was called.  I liked to let my brother go first so I had more time to read.

Over all I think it was a ruff first episode, however it gives potential to be a good series.  I'll stick with it up to 4 episodes to see if I like where it is going. 
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion