Author Topic: Wondercon 2019: March 29-31 Anaheim  (Read 25334 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Wondercon 2019: March 29-31 Anaheim
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 05:52:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Shouldn’t we be getting more announcements about WonderCon by now?  It is almost December.

It's possible that they might have planned to announce something a little while after open registration, but then there was news of John Rogers's (President of Comic-Con International) passing due to complications from brain cancer that same weekend. 

Maybe they decided to wait a few weeks--and get past the Thanksgiving holiday weekend--out of respect for his family before announcing any WonderCon news?  That's my educated guess, ha ha.  ^__^;;
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Online dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 06:09:17 PM »
Hope they announce it soon before I spend all my money on Christmas shopping.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 07:41:30 AM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2018, 09:53:16 AM »
Hint?

W A R N I N G !
Member ID Closing for Routine Scheduled Maintenance
The Member ID system will go offline beginning at 10:00AM Pacific Daylight Time today for some routine scheduled maintenance. Please exit the system by that time.

Online Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2018, 10:28:13 AM »
Wow! Still no badge sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2018, 06:08:17 PM »
Wow! Still no badge sale!

Indeed.

I'm actually surprised the WonderCon 2019 badges aren't up yet... @__@;;
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2018, 09:08:52 AM »
Time for a "when do you think badges / hotels will be up for WC 2019" poll [member=460]Andrew Costa Mesa[/member] ?  :)

Online Miclpea

• Hall H
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2018, 10:33:25 AM »
Monday, December 10.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2018, 04:37:28 PM »
Time for a "when do you think badges / hotels will be up for WC 2019" poll [member=460]Andrew Costa Mesa[/member] ?  :)

[member=2163]AzT[/member] Just did.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2018, 05:42:00 PM »

Badge Purchase FAQ

You've got questions ... we've got answers!
Below is a list of frequently asked questions about purchasing a badge for WonderCon Anaheim.

When do WonderCon Anaheim badges go on sale?

WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badges are on sale now!

To purchase a badge for WonderCon Anaheim, you must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. Click here to sign up for a Member ID today!  Make sure you have not selected to opt-out of email communications from Comic-Con. You will not be notified of future WonderCon Anaheim badge sales if you have selected the email opt-out option.

We strongly encourage you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Toucan - The official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim - for badge sale date and time announcements

How do I purchase a WonderCon Anaheim badge?

Everyone who intends to purchase, apply, or register for a WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badge must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID.

To sign up for a Comic-Con Member ID today, please click here .

If you already have a Comic-Con Member ID, simply log in to your account and select the "Registration Info" tab. Choose the Purchase Badges option in the WonderCon Anaheim section to purchase a badge.

Can I purchase a badge for my friend?

Yes! Purchasing badges for others is now available, and it's simple!

After logging in to your Comic-Con Member ID account, select the “Registration Info” tab and click the Purchase Badges button in the WonderCon Anaheim section. Then, choose the “Click here to purchase for another Member ID” option. You’ll need the Member ID and last name of those you wish to purchase for.

How much are WonderCon Anaheim badges?

WONDERCON ANAHEIM 2019 BADGE PRICES

Purchase your badges before February 14, 2019 and take advantage of early bird pricing! Standard prices in effect February 14, 2019. Save $19 on all three days by purchasing early!

BADGE TYPE    Adult - Early Bird/Standard (age 18 and up)    Junior - Early Bird/Standard (age 13 - 17) U.S. Military and Senior* - Early Bird/Standard
Friday Badge:                             $30/40                                                                    $15/20                                                      $15/20
Saturday Badge:                         $35/40                                                                    $17/20                                                      $17/20
Sunday Badge:                           $20/24                                                                    $10/12                                                       $10/12

*Children (age 12 and under) are free with a paying adult. Juniors (age 13 - 17) pay junior prices. Seniors (age 60 and older) pay the Military/Senior reduced price. Active-duty military with ID pay the Military/Senior price. The Military/Senior price does does not extend to military veterans and dependents.

What type of payment do you accept for badge purchase?

You may use MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. We do not accept PayPal or any other type on online payment system.

Where will WonderCon Anaheim be held?

WonderCon Anaheim 2019 will be held at the Anaheim Convention Center!

800 W. Katella Avenue

Anaheim, CA 92802

Will badges be mailed out in advance?

If you purchase a WonderCon Anaheim 2019 attendee badge prior to February 14, 2019, your badge will be sent to you in advance! Your badge will be mailed to the shipping address on file in your Comic-Con Member ID account as of February 14, 2019. To check your shipping address, log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account  and select the "Contact Info" tab.

Badges will begin shipping at least 3 - 4 weeks prior to March 29, 2019. Badges will be shipped in batches, so please do not be alarmed if a friend or family member receives their badge before or after you. Badges not delivered for any reason (lost/stolen/returned to sender) must be picked up onsite.

We are unable to ship badges to an international address. International attendees who have purchased a badge and attendees who purchase a badge on or after February 14, 2019 will be able to pick up their badge when they arrive onsite at the Registration Area.
If my badge isn't mailed or doesn't arrive, where do I pick it up?

For badge pick-up hours and locations, please check back as we get closer to the event!

How do I register my child?

Children (age 12 and under) are free with a paying adult! Children do not need to register for a Comic-Con Member ID to receive a complimentary badge. You may register up to two children per paid adult attendee when you arrive onsite. Children must be present to be registered for a badge and adults will be required to provide emergency contact information for any child registrant.

To accommodate the transition from child to junior (age 13 - 17), we have set a static date to determine who is considered a child for WonderCon Anaheim 2019. If you are age 12 or under on February 28, 2019, you do not need to buy a badge for WonderCon Anaheim 2019. You may attend as a child, with a paying adult. If you are age 13 or older on February 28, 2019, you must create a Comic-Con Member ID and purchase a badge for WonderCon Anaheim 2019.

If I am unable to attend WonderCon Anaheim, can I get a refund?

The WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badge refund deadline is February 14, 2019. Your badge purchase is non-refundable after this date.

To request a refund for your WonderCon Anaheim 2019 badge purchase, log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account and select the “Registration Info” tab. Click on the Refund Badges option in the WonderCon Anaheim section and follow the instructions to complete your refund request. All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee.

For more information, please review the Cancellation and Refund Policy.

Can I transfer my WonderCon Anaheim badge?

Reselling, sharing, or transferring a WonderCon Anaheim badge or complimentary pass is strictly prohibited. WonderCon badges are non-transferable.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2018, 07:49:53 PM »
From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The WonderCon Anaheim Masquerade will be held at 8:30 PM, Saturday, March 30, in the Anaheim Convention Center Arena. The event is free to participate in, or to be in the audience; only a WonderCon Anaheim attendee badge valid for Saturday is needed. Doors will open for audience seating at 8:00 PM, and the event will run 2 1/2 hours. Reserved seating is available for special guests and selected press arranged in advance, please send requests to [email protected]. Audience tickets are not used for this event since our large venue has plenty of seating. And of course, while costumes are not required for audience members, dressing as someone other than yourself always adds to the fun!

Click here to download complete contestant information, rules, and an advance Entry Form. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A limited number of contestant slots are available, so interested costumers should submit an entry form early as we usually fill up before the convention. Photos of the costume or costumes you are entering will also be required for confirmation of eligibility. Entries are now being accepted, and the Deadline for advance entry is March 15, 2019 (two weeks before the convention). After that date contestants can sign up at the convention Friday at the Masquerade Desk IF any slots are still available. Once we fill up there will be a Waiting List to fill openings from cancellations. You should keep your costume out of sight prior to the show so it will be a surprise for the audience and judges, and so you and it will be fresh and safe from possible damage in the large convention center crowds. For safety reasons contestants must be at least 10 years of age to be on stage.

Online Miclpea

• Hall H
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2018, 01:33:39 PM »
Next question: when will hotels for WonderCon go on sale?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2018, 09:56:25 AM »

It has to be soon because the convention is approaching fast... >__<;;

(The above sentence can actually be read as: "Shhhhhh, don't say the 'H' word.  You might accidentally catch a case of anxiety for that other con we all know and love.")  XD

Online Miclpea

• Hall H
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 10:04:26 AM »

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2018, 03:29:28 PM »

After Christmas but before the New Year.

Online Miclpea

• Hall H
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2018, 03:43:56 PM »
First full week in January.