Author Topic: 2018 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives  (Read 26578 times)

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
Re: 2018 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 04:07:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hasbro booth has a monitor for the giveaway times for posters and signings. 
If you're into TF, MTG, Marvel the toy designers and creators have been there.  Most of the signings in the past haven't been capped so you can feasible make a few runs.

Here's hoping HasbroToyShop has a fast lane promotion this year!

Just looked at the Hascon website... looks like they are skipping 2018.  The next has con isn't til sept 2019 and tickets don't go on sale til early 2019.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 12:17:45 PM »
Seeing how there are so many different cons now, i guess it gives them more time to plan and show new stuff at any con at any time. im lucky i can go to any close by at anytime. so i check out what i can at the time.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 11:25:53 AM »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 01:26:23 PM »
@cabler30

Since we have not seen any actual exclusives, I think we are just actually trying to guess and share info about the actual Shop processes, buying toys and collectibles.  They haven't been cheap!   

Likewise, online sales have been better (more plentiful IMO) than in the past.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:15:02 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 05:58:24 PM »
It seems like in general, exclusives reveals have been a bit slow out of the gate this year -- and that includes Hasbro.  Hoping the reveals start to pick up the first week in June.
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline CathexisZero

• Freebie Table
  • We march for Macragge!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2018, 12:19:59 PM »
Was it just me, or were Hasbro's exclusives really easy to get last year?  I seem to recall most of them were in-stock in the morning, with walk-up lines available on Saturday and Sunday.  Thrawn, IIRC, was the only one that wasn't easy to get. 
Wondercon: 2011 - NYCC: 2011-2012, 2016
AwesomeCon: 2014-2017 - SDCC: 2014-2018
NoVa Open: 2017

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 01:04:35 PM »
A lot of SDCC "exclusives" show up quickly at other retailers.  My local Barnes and Noble and a hand written sign that said "SDCC exclusives" right after comic-con ended.  Gamestop tends to get a lot of SDCC "exclusives" too.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 01:44:58 PM »
Was it just me, or were Hasbro's exclusives really easy to get last year?  I seem to recall most of them were in-stock in the morning, with walk-up lines available on Saturday and Sunday.  Thrawn, IIRC, was the only one that wasn't easy to get.

I think there were some other ones that sold out? Seems so long ago but definitely agree that it wasn't as insane as some other years. For Thrawn I was able to get one on Saturday with a slightly dinged box that I am totally happy with.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 04:21:09 PM »
I think there were some other ones that sold out? Seems so long ago but definitely agree that it wasn't as insane as some other years. For Thrawn I was able to get one on Saturday with a slightly dinged box that I am totally happy with.

The Cobra Command Center sold out.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 07:55:36 AM »

Marvel’s Star Wars comics have given us some delightful new characters over the past few years, but none have been taken to quite like the intrepid archaeologist Dr. Aphra (one-time associate of Darth Vader himself) and her killer droid pals, Triple Zero and BT. Now, for the first time, they’re all coming to action figure form.

io9 can exclusively reveal that Hasbro is bringing a 3.75"-scale “The Vintage Collection” three-pack featuring Aphra, 0-0-0 the protocol droid, and BT-1 the astromech to San Diego, as one of its Star Wars Comic-Con exclusives this year. The set will also be available at FanExpo Canada later this year, as well as in limited quantities online after Comic-Con at the Hasbro Toy Shop.

Introduced in Kieron Gillen and Salvador Larroca’s Darth Vader ongoing in 2016, Aphra and her droids (enhanced with programming that basically turned them into killer versions of C-3PO and R2-D2 in the best ways possible) were recruited by Vader to help him work his way back up in the Emperor’s esteem after the failure of the first Death Star. But naturally, you don’t make a deal with Darth Vader and expect to make it out alive—so Aphra eventually went on the run, having her own adventures hunting down rare artifacts in the pages of her own ongoing comic series.

As well as the three figures, the set also features accessories in the form of Aphra’s blaster and attachment to make comically oversized weapons pop out of BT’s head. On top of that, the trio of figures are presented in a very special box, harkening back to the “Special Action Figure Set” three-packs Kenner would do for the classic Star Wars toy line.

Aphra herself will also be getting a standalone release as part of the recently-relaunched Vintage Collection, as she was the winner of last year’s fan choice poll, but currently there are no plans to release either BT or Triple Zero as standalone figures outside of this set, so if you want plastic representations of some of the best droids the Star Wars galaxy currently has to offer, you’ll have to pony up $50 when the three-pack launches at San Diego Comic-Con next month.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:07:52 AM by AzT »

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 08:44:19 AM »
its cool.  i would hope they would release some solo stuff.  is there something coming in the near future that has to do with these comics ?  i don't know anything about them.  it's canon ?

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 08:48:55 AM »
its cool.  i would hope they would release some solo stuff.  is there something coming in the near future that has to do with these comics ?  i don't know anything about them.  it's canon ?

Yes, the new comics are canon.   Doctor Aphra first showed up in Darth Vader comics then got her own.  She is amazing  ;D

I really really really will need this but I'm not sure if I want to do the Hasbro ticket line in the morning. I may suck it up and go for it though.  I know Saturday and Sunday has had walk ups at Hasbro but I wonder if this one will be like Thrawn last year and go quickly.  It may come down to how many other Hasbro items I would want, going solely for Aphra may not be the best use of my time. Decisions, decisions.

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 09:10:07 AM »
I really like these, one more good exclusive from Hasbro and I will probably do the line.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2018, 09:20:35 AM »
I really like these, one more good exclusive from Hasbro and I will probably do the line.

then i am probably going to bet you will be doing the line haha. 

i wish they still had the old school carded gi joe figures with the variant.  i have all of them except jinx.  darn you cobra commander and your different colored pants....

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 09:40:03 AM »
then i am probably going to bet you will be doing the line haha. 

i wish they still had the old school carded gi joe figures with the variant.  i have all of them except jinx.  darn you cobra commander and your different colored pants....
Ha I got both of them; when I bought it that year they asked "which one" and I was all "ummm...one of each?"  I gave one to a friend (the non-variant).  That Cobra Commander is still one of my all-time favorite exclusives
IMO these three characters are three of the most interesting 'new' characters introduced in the comics (or any other Disney-era non-movie new characters).  Dr. is almost like a Han Solo type, a pseudo-mercenary who Vader hired to do some 'dirty work.'  Her droids are awesome: Triple-Zero is like if 3-P0 were a sociopath, always talking about painfully killing just about any character he's introduced to; BT-1 has the arsenal to back up Triple-Zero's threats - think if R2 had giant rockets and space lasers powerful enough to take down ships.
I've not kept up with her own comic series (Dr. Aphra) at all, but I read the entirety of the first Darth Vader comic (which took place not long after A NEW HOPE but significantly before EMPIRE) and Aphra and her droid crew were definite highlights of a real strong, entertaining comic series.  It's only around 25 issues (and again, not to be confused with the latest 'Darth Vader' comic which takes place immediately after Vader's "Nooooooo" from SITH) and worth the read if you like to follow the Imperial side of the SW Universe

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 10:17:21 AM »
thanks for that info.  very informative.  from what i have read we will be treated to xizor and revan into canon.  heartbreaker that jade wont be.

yes.  cobra commander was imo the best sdcc with variant.  pimp destro was pretty awesome and hilarious though.  i wouldnt mind a snake eyes with his original sculp too.  the choice of zarana was kind of out of nowhere. 

hope they revive that line.  got interrupted by that movie based destro not on the old card.  booooo.