Author Topic: Ink on SDCC programs caused flight checked baggage issues on Southwest  (Read 3116 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's really strange.  I flew Southwest, but used self-service and never saw the signs.  Guides were in my luggage, but looks like everything made it through ok.  Odd.

Same. I was actually surprised that there were no little notes saying that our bags had been opened up and inspected.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
The counter person told me it was the ink.  Ah...but what about the ink? I am intrigued.

Ink is just particles in a suspension.  Inorganic inks can use metals.  It can be that some of those metals look like substances that they are on the alert for.  Or maybe even a circuit for a device.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Ink is just particles in a suspension.  Inorganic inks can use metals.  It can be that some of those metals look like substances that they are on the alert for.  Or maybe even a circuit for a device.

Nice... a circuit for a device.  I spy. :blank:
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
Similar- When I was at BookExpo I got an 800-page ARC. I'm local so I didn't have issues, but basically everyone who got it had issues with security because of this massive 800-page book in their luggage. So it may be something like that?
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Similar- When I was at BookExpo I got an 800-page ARC. I'm local so I didn't have issues, but basically everyone who got it had issues with security because of this massive 800-page book in their luggage. So it may be something like that?

Good point. iirc the issue with international travelers last year was something like that, lots of people with stacks of books.

Offline PurpleCalico

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
Didn’t fly Southwest but I’m an international attendee. I had 2 thick comics, plus the SDCC souvenir book, quick guide, and the programs guide in my check in luggage. Had no issues and no one opened my bag. I didn’t stack all of them together though, had them separated in different parts of my luggage because experience taught me to never concentrate all the heavy weight on one section of the bag.