Comic-Con International > SDCC Registration and Badges

SDCC 2020 Pro Registration

<< < (2/37) > >>

Micarba:
I think it is super exciting.

Brian.A:
Sent mine in on Saturday. I wanted to get it in earlier but we didn’t have much down time while in San Diego. I didn’t prep any materials before hand either so I had to search around for everything I needed. I’ve been going as a pro for 9 years but I’m afraid I’m not gonna get it again as I do stuff with toy design and collectibles and not comics or animation.
It’s not even about the cost either. I have no problem paying for my ticket. It’s just one less thing to have to stress about knowing I don’t have to face the general sale. It scares me. It’s also nice to be able to help out friends when I can.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

jeffa:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI’ve been going as a pro for 9 years but I’m afraid I’m not gonna get it again as I do stuff with toy design and collectibles and not comics or animation.
It’s not even about the cost either. I have no problem paying for my ticket. It’s just one less thing to have to stress about knowing I don’t have to face the general sale. It scares me. It’s also nice to be able to help out friends when I can.

--- End quote ---
I don't think you ought to have a "genre" problem for either Creative or Trade Pro. Your specialties are the lifeblood of the Exhibit Hall, which pays a large portion of the rent for the whole Con.

I say right in my Trade application that it's not the cost, it's the access. I still check in foir General Reg in hopes of grabbing the Senior Discount, and maybe I can't make it for 5 days.  :-\  But the stress is much less!

DaveG:
So, I pull up my email account and see an email titled "Comic-Con Professional Verification".  Could it be?  Have they reviewed my application?  Approved?  Denied?  Something was wrong with it?  No, it's just a reminder.  Honestly, I wish they would put "Reminder" in the heading of the email and avoid all this temporary anxiety.

--- Quote ---Dear Professional,

This is a reminder that your professional VERIFICATION is DUE for Comic-Con 2020. Your application and verification materials must be postmarked or emailed by August 16, 2019. Applications sent after this date will not be considered for Comic-Con 2020.

All professionals must submit an application and qualifying verification materials to Comic-Con International every three years as proof of your continuing work in the industry. Please visit our website  to download the “Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2020 Information and Application for Professionals” PDF. This document contains instructions on how to complete and submit your professional application.

This email is only a reminder. If you have already submitted your application, please do not send it again. We will notify you when your application has been processed.

This email is NOT a confirmation of badge registration. Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for more information. If you have questions, please email [email protected]

--- End quote ---

MarvelGurl:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginSent mine in on Saturday. I wanted to get it in earlier but we didn’t have much down time while in San Diego. I didn’t prep any materials before hand either so I had to search around for everything I needed. I’ve been going as a pro for 9 years but I’m afraid I’m not gonna get it again as I do stuff with toy design and collectibles and not comics or animation.

--- End quote ---

keep up the faith. i work in tv/film and i was approved again for another 3 years last year. I mean I did have to pay for my badge for the first time in 8 years, but I'm not sure if that was an accident on cci's part or not since they did away with the pro categories.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version