Author Topic: Winning cast signing lottery but not getting the signing.  (Read 7115 times)

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Re: Winning cast signing lottery but not getting the signing.
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2019, 09:02:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh I know. I’m just sayin that apparently he always goes over.

No cast showed up for the Batwoman panel? With Ruby Rose cancelling I’m not sure who signed unless it was the 2 producers. I saw some people won that.
From what I heard she pre-signed the poster.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Booker

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 09:30:59 PM »
No cast showed up for the Batwoman panel? With Ruby Rose cancelling I’m not sure who signed unless it was the 2 producers. I saw some people won that.

I was at the signing. The folks in line were disappointed when they announced it.  But it was nice of the studio to FedEx the posters for her to pre-sign.  They posted a pic of her signing a stack of posters on the tv screen.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:27:05 PM »

Offline kat_sydney

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 09:40:25 PM »
My fiance won the Veronica Mars signing and Kristen Bell wasn't there, but she had presigned the posters.

A few years ago (when Fox signings were still drawn in Sails), I had the Prison Break signing and Dominic Purcell didn't stay for very long so most of us still received the signed poster but without his signature (and to be honest he didn't seem particularly happy to be there).

With Titans, considering what happened on set I can understand why it was cancelled (I don't think the cast ended up attending SDCC at all?) but still unfortunate for the people who won the signing and didn't end up with anything (particularly now since you have to pick and choose what you try for in the exclusives portal).

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 10:47:19 PM »
I was told by the folks in the WB booth that those posters signed at the beginning are for charity.

I was at a WB signing several years back and what they seem to do is pre-sign a bunch of posters and then start sending the attendees waiting in line. You can talk to the cast as they're signing but they're not actually signing your poster while you talk to them. When you get to the end of the line, they hand you one of the randomly signed posters. It does seem pretty efficient that way but of course your poster won't be personalized.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 05:03:16 AM »
I heard Frank Miller cancelled all signings except for paid ones, is that true?

I pre-ordered his book and got a signed print he did on earlier.
I missed my opportunity for a photo op when I saw him walking through the hotel. I doubt his handler would have let me, but it would have been nice to try. He looks pretty bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2019, 05:48:20 AM »
My fiance won the Veronica Mars signing and Kristen Bell wasn't there, but she had presigned the posters.

A few years ago (when Fox signings were still drawn in Sails), I had the Prison Break signing and Dominic Purcell didn't stay for very long so most of us still received the signed poster but without his signature (and to be honest he didn't seem particularly happy to be there).

With Titans, considering what happened on set I can understand why it was cancelled (I don't think the cast ended up attending SDCC at all?) but still unfortunate for the people who won the signing and didn't end up with anything (particularly now since you have to pick and choose what you try for in the exclusives portal).

I read Titans would be mailing the winners something soon too.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 09:58:08 AM »

IMO, that defeats the purpose of going to a signing.  You can just contact the fan club and they'll send you something signed.  The purpose of a signing is to be able to have a little meet and greet with the person signing.  A tiny personal moment.

I guess I got lucky by not winning any signings.  It would have been an epic waste of time.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 10:52:01 AM »
I guess we got lucky. My husband did the Teen Titans Go signing, and the main cast was all there. The actress that does Starfire doesn't always show (she  never does other Cons, from what I have heard), but she was there. I texted my husband in line that I saw a card with her name, and he was ecstatic. He did get it signed as he walked through. Khary was the only one that did more than just say hello. My husband got a fist bump and they chatted a bit.

Last year, I got Lucifer, and only Tom was there, but I definitely can't complain about that!! (Some of the cast will be at Dragon Con. I am debating bringing my poster to have them sign it)
Ang

Offline Booker

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2019, 12:23:15 PM »
This thread makes me feel very grateful for the Flash signing.  I was in a long line buying t-shirts at the MMM and by the time I got back, I was the very last person in line.  It was 5 minutes before the signing, and the thought of them running out of time never crossed my mind until now.  Next time, I'll be sure to buy my t-shirts on non-signing days ;)

Offline ThePowerOfGus

• Freebie Table
    • My Instagram
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »
No problems at all with the DC Super Hero Girls cast signing. In fact, they had an appearance from the cast of Sesame Street while we were lined up and the people at WB let my kids get out of line for the a quick photo then hop right back in line for the signing.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2019, 01:37:33 PM »
Wow! I feel lucky that the It 2 signing went well. My goodness, so many issues this year!

I guess we got lucky. My husband did the Teen Titans Go signing, and the main cast was all there. The actress that does Starfire doesn't always show (she  never does other Cons, from what I have heard), but she was there. I texted my husband in line that I saw a card with her name, and he was ecstatic. He did get it signed as he walked through. Khary was the only one that did more than just say hello. My husband got a fist bump and they chatted a bit.

Last year, I got Lucifer, and only Tom was there, but I definitely can't complain about that!! (Some of the cast will be at Dragon Con. I am debating bringing my poster to have them sign it)
I believe Heidi Hynden Walch isn’t fond on going to places that have cameras everywhere. When you do interviews with her, no video and pictures.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 08:54:23 AM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline rallyv

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 87
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 02:02:00 PM »
Before the lottery, was not getting a signing even though you "won" a signing an often occurrence? I never did many big signings and never any that I had to line up overnight for even a chance. I would think I'd be pretty upset if I was going for a WB signing before the lottery and won the one I wanted, only to be cut out by the talent/vendor/booth because of time constraints.

Offline IanCar

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2019, 02:09:54 PM »
This thread makes me feel very grateful for the Flash signing.  I was in a long line buying t-shirts at the MMM and by the time I got back, I was the very last person in line.  It was 5 minutes before the signing, and the thought of them running out of time never crossed my mind until now.  Next time, I'll be sure to buy my t-shirts on non-signing days ;)

That's awesome! I did the Flash signing in 2017 and was great!

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2019, 02:57:06 PM »
Wow! I feel lucky that the It 2 signing went well. My goodness, so many issues this year!

I believe Heidi Hynden Walch isn’t fond on going to places that have cameras all over the place. When you do interviews with her, no video and pictures.
Yes, that is what I always had heard. My husband was very happy she was there. She makes us laugh on a regular basis!
Ang

Offline indiglow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2019, 05:03:18 PM »
Before the lottery, was not getting a signing even though you "won" a signing an often occurrence? I never did many big signings and never any that I had to line up overnight for even a chance. I would think I'd be pretty upset if I was going for a WB signing before the lottery and won the one I wanted, only to be cut out by the talent/vendor/booth because of time constraints.

I’ve done OUAT 3x (2 at sdcc and 1 at wondercon) and Flash + my SO has done Westworld, Arrow & Flash. All went perfectly well w the entire cast there. It’s very unfortunate to read all these stories about this year’s signings.