Comic-Con International > SDCC Housing, Parking, and Transportation

SDCC 2020 Hotel Discussion

<< < (2/113) > >>

TheNeck:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginBayfront has a huge advantage since it's just across the street from the tents and would make camping out at right a lot more easier.

--- End quote ---
2016 we stayed at the MMM, and while its right next to the CC, its on the opposite end of the tents which we found out is not as close of a walk as we thought it was.

2017-2019 we have stayed at the HBF, thanks to kindness members of FOCC helping us get this amazing hotel. fingers crossed i can get HBF again next year.

RustyPonds:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginUp until this year MMM was my top choice, but something felt different this time around. I'm thinking MGH or Bayfront for next year as my top choices.

--- End quote ---

I would advise against MGH. It's the worst "downtown" hotel and the miles really add up on your body as the con wears on. And the last few years they've avoided any sort of branding on the elevators or any cool touches to make it feel like it's part of the campus. There's a reason that MGH pops up the most on the Onpeak site when people are still looking for a place to stay.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

puppy:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI would advise against MGH. It's the worst "downtown" hotel and the miles really add up on your body as the con wears on. And the last few years they've avoided any sort of branding on the elevators or any cool touches to make it feel like it's part of the campus. There's a reason that MGH pops up the most on the Onpeak site when people are still looking for a place to stay.

--- End quote ---

Well, shoot.  If you get MGH and don't want it next year, please give it to me.  ;)

Darth_Primus:
I stayed at the MGH this year and arrived on a Tuesday.   The initial room (standard 2 double beds) they put me in was on the 5th floor looking at the corn hole roof activity area.  It was really bad as it was a place used for smokers. The left over cigarette butts were dropped within a few feet under our window.   And the people hanging out on in this area could look right into our room.   It was very unsightly for me and my family, as well as uncomfortable with strangers having the ability to look directly into our hotel room.

I ended up calling guest services and requested another room.   They offered an upgraded room overlooking the convention center for an additional $25/night.   I jumped at that offer as I really couldn't bare any more time in that 5th floor room.

Staying in the upgraded room was well worth the cost for me and I enjoyed my stay at the MGH.   I the walk to the convention center was only a couple of blocks.   I just wish they didn't have to remodel the lobby during my stay there.

Requia:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI stayed at the MGH this year and arrived on a Tuesday.   The initial room (standard 2 double beds) they put me in was on the 5th floor looking at the corn hole roof activity area.  It was really bad as it was a place used for smokers. The left over cigarette butts were dropped within a few feet under our window.   And the people hanging out on in this area could look right into our room.   It was very unsightly for me and my family, as well as uncomfortable with strangers having the ability to look directly into our hotel room.

I ended up calling guest services and requested another room.   They offered an upgraded room overlooking the convention center for an additional $25/night.   I jumped at that offer as I really couldn't bare any more time in that 5th floor room.

Staying in the upgraded room was well worth the cost for me and I enjoyed my stay at the MGH.   I the walk to the convention center was only a couple of blocks.   I just wish they didn't have to remodel the lobby during my stay there.

--- End quote ---
The room we had this year for MGH was nice. It was on a higher floor, but the Bayside view was really nice. No hassles with checking in, except that it felt like I was checking in to a flight at the airport with curbside desk

I've stayed there in previous years, and it was actually the first downtown hotel I ever stayed at, it just always seemed like a longer walk than I would've liked for some reason. But lately I don't mind it. It's not as overly crowded as the Marriott has become, and there's still a lot to see and do.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version