Author Topic: ACE- Boston Comic-Con Refunds  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
ACE- Boston Comic-Con Refunds
« on: March 24, 2020, 07:58:58 PM »
This is an interesting article from The Hollywood Reporter.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

admin alyssa edit; title
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 08:02:36 PM by alyssa »

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
Re: ACE- Boston Comic-Con Refunds
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 03:10:29 PM »
Yeah, and I'm one of the people waiting for my refunds!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:16:41 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 07:52:26 PM »
Yeah, and I'm one of the people waiting for my refunds!

this is crazy... how can a ticketing agency do this?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 08:00:49 PM »
Well after that story came out, GrowTix has responded, and there’s another article that has circulated too.  A lot of fans don’t know if they can trust what anyone involved says.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 08:51:19 AM »
Well after that story came out, GrowTix has responded, and there’s another article that has circulated too.  A lot of fans don’t know if they can trust what anyone involved says.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login do you have a link to that article?
I'm curious, my impression of ACE has been overall positive. there have been some wackyness which i've attributed to clueless knowledge base but overall i thought the direction of the compay was good. Is that not the case in your opinion of course?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 09:30:44 AM »

So my first time going to Ace was last year.  I did both Seattle and Chicago.  For the most part they were very well run — sone hiccups and delays, but things happen.  Staff was very helpful if you had conflicts.  There is an official fan forum on Facebook that I joined, and one of the con organizers was an admin and pretty responsive to people.

When coronavirus really started to become a concern in early March, Ace said that photo ops would be “no touching.”  A lot of people were disappointed because they had bought a lot of photo ops so they could get lots of hugs from Evans and/or Hemsworth.  Ace offered to let people get refunds on their photo ops if they were unhappy with the new policy — something they were not legally required to do.  And people did get their refunds.  Also, people who were unable to go due to travel restrictions were able to get refunds.

Then the show canceled on March 11.  We were told to allow 30 days for refunds.  Some people thought that was sketchy, but Epic had told me the same thing when ECCC canceled, and I got my refund no problem.  But people were getting antsy, which is understandable given the sudden economic swing.  Then the Hollywood Reporter article about the lawsuit came out, which was the first we’d heard about the lawsuit.  With everyone on the FB forum reading that and commenting, Ace released a statement — which said pretty much nothing, and was even a bit misleading.  It mentioned that GA admission tickets were in the process of being refunded — but those weren’t sold through Growtix.  Which resulted in more people calling their bank to file disputes.  The next day, Ace made another statement that GrowTix had the credit card info, so they had to do the refunds.  Unlike every other major Ace announcement, these statements were not emailed, they only went on social media.  Despite all of the people talking about chargebacks, and speculating about what is going on, Ace people have basically disappeared off the forum.  So at a time when people are expecting their money back, Ace has gone from great communication, to zero communication, which is only making people more suspicious of them.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 09:12:32 AM »
They apparently reached some resolution and last week resumed refunds.