Con Suite > Off-Topic Chat

SouthWest fall convention travel outlook

(1/2) > >>

alyssa:

--- Quote ---We are currently accepting air reservations through August 16, 2021. On April 22, 2021 we will open our schedule for sale through November 6, 2021. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
--- End quote ---

I am guessing and if we remain on track with the vaccinations, it will be a busy fall for conventions. As such, a thread for travel for the fall of '21 seems in order. ;)
I also anticipate a travel boom and rising prices soon, again with the assumption that we remain on track.

i am contemplating attending NYCC in early Oct, assuming it happens.

Andrew Costa Mesa:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI am guessing and if we remain on track with the vaccinations, it will be a busy fall for conventions. As such, a thread for travel for the fall of '21 seems in order. ;)
I also anticipate a travel boom and rising prices soon, again with the assumption that we remain on track.

i am contemplating attending NYCC in early Oct, assuming it happens.

--- End quote ---

Cases are going up again in 31 states (though not in California yet), most likely due to the British variant and spring break.  I would have to monitor the situation as summer gets close.  For now I have not made any plans to fly.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

perc2100:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginCases are going up again in 31 states (though not in California yet), most likely due to the British variant and spring break.  I would have to monitor the situation as summer gets close.  For now I have not made any plans to fly.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, CA has the Brazil variant now (San Diego specifically, at least)  :(

chocolateshake:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYeah, CA has the Brazil variant now (San Diego specifically, at least)  :(

--- End quote ---

We have our own home grown variant in California.  Last week the CDC upgraded it to a "variant of concern".  LA says it accounted for about half the cases during the winter surge.  I think that's why California went from one of the best to one of the worst states so quickly.  People that have recovered from covid have about 7 times lower neutralizing response to the CA variant, people who are fully vaccinated with a 2 dose vaccine have about 2 times less response.  That's why it's really a good idea to get a 2 dose vaccine.

Variants now make up the majority of cases in California.

alyssa:
<redirecting>
so when will folks feel comfortable with traveling?

I traveled over thanksgiving and again last/this week. There was a notable difference. Thanksgiving was scary. This week was way more relaxed and happy. I got the feeling without asking that most sw employees had gotten their shots. There was a feeling of 'we're back'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version