Author Topic: May the Fourth Be With You!  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
May the Fourth Be With You!
« on: May 04, 2021, 08:35:31 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: May the Fourth Be With You!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:20:10 AM »
The cynical part of my brain: "EVERY day is 'SW Day' in my life, and has been since my parents bought me R2 & 3-P0 action figures in 1979 to occupy me on an airplane to FL and has continued to being obsessed w/seeing the ANH/ESB double feature in 1981, RotJ on opening night (being the cool elementary school kid who saw a movie on a school night!), to proposing while watching EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, to recreating the original SW poster on the alter on our wedding day, to cutting our wedding cake (w/Han & Lei 1980 vintage action figures as cake toppers) w/a lightsaber, to adorning our condo walls with autographed SW pics, Luke (then Rey)'s lightsaber sitting underneath a 1981 Yoda puppet.  I've been living SW almost my entire life (I predate it by a year though it's what I've known forever)!"

The non-cynical part of my brain: "the cool thing about this nerdy holiday that has become a corporate means to sell stuff is that at least a lot of people are thinking of Star Wars today that wouldn't have otherwise, and that's pretty cool!"

:P

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:51:48 AM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 10:40:48 AM »
The Daily Deal on Amazon today is selected SW merch.  The only thing that caught my eye was the Hallway for $33, the cheapest I've seen it.