Author Topic: Toronto,Canada ComicCon  (Read 4642 times)

Offline luna13darke

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
Toronto,Canada ComicCon
« on: March 11, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
Are any of my fellow Canadians going to this one? First Con ever! This will be a teeny Con 101 in preparation for the 'big one'.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5871
Re: Toronto,Canada ComicCon
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:18:19 AM »
i actually really like the tiny con's
much less pressure to  see & do everything
at my last sm con, me & my son bought a board game & didn't have a problem taking the hr+ to set it up & learn how to play the game right there- I could never allow myself the time to do that at sdcc. well maybe in a line wait but then we wouldn't have the resource of the game shop employee to ask questions of..<grin>
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:51:39 PM »

Offline joeyjoejoe

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:35:07 AM »
This is like the red headed step child of the FanExpo in Toronto.  Moved around to different venues... stopped for a few years, but now it's back.  Hopefully, with new owners it can grow like how FanExpo did. 

Hmmm... looked at the guest list.  Edge from the WWE is going to be there.  Reminds me of when I met him years ago at the Canadian National Comic Book Expo (now called FanExpo).  He just started his career in the WWE and made maybe 1 or 2 TV appearance before going to the con with his buddy Christian.  We bumped into them and I said, "Hey aren't you Edge and Christian?" (but I mixed up their names).  They looked at each other and started laughing.  They were so thankful that somebody recognized them and didn't mind me mixing up their names! 

It's too early for me to know if I'm going.  The guest list is decent considering it being a small con and the floor plan looks larger than past years.  It might be worth checking out.

Offline luna13darke

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 06:59:20 PM »
i've never been to a comic convention before.
i am super excited to be going to SDCC.
the Toronto Con is my warm up.
my main interest is in graphic novels, horror anything, comics and artwork.
i honestly have very little interest in tv series/movie panels
other than TBBT, The Walking Dead and Comic Book Men,
the latter only because i have a big crush on Kevin Smith.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1776
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
In all honesty, the better deals for purchasing comic books can be found at the smaller shows.  Typically, this is because the vendors don’t have to pay as much for their booths so they have better deals.  Good hunting!