Author Topic: Thursday and Sunday Badges -- Sold Out 2013  (Read 19518 times)

Offline depictprints

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
Re: Thursday and Sunday Badges Still Available until Sold Out
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2013, 09:09:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
can anyone get in & see if there still are sunday badge left?

maybe they left the site up even tho every thing is sold out??

my mind is on the t-shirt spread sheet so i'm behind the curve on info re badges...

I just logged in with my son's id (he's not going) and it still lists Sunday badges available.  Of course he's still a Junior not adult...but still it amazes me that there are still ANY badges left at all! 

Took a screenshot...but not sure how to add it to this post.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2013, 09:34:58 AM »
you've got to up load it to an image site like photobucket the copy the img url & post it here- 
but it's really not necessary- i believe you
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Thursday and Sunday Badges -- Sold Out 2013
« Reply #47 on: Today at 07:56:27 AM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »
I don't think internationals would be buying Sunday only badges unless they were already committed to come.

This. Unless they already booked everything I doubt that many of them jumped on this.

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2013, 11:17:25 AM »
I am not sure why everyone is so suprised that there are still Sunday badges... CCI said there were 3100 Saturday badges for the resale, there were likely 5 times that amount or more of Sunday badges. At this point, people are not going to spend $600 on a flight domestically. $1000+ internationsal to come in for one day. Then hundresds of dollars for a hotel... Pretty much the Sunday badges left are going to locals or people within driving distance. I'm guessing most of the locals already have their badge(s).

Oh, it would not surprise me if CCI decided to sell more Thursday and Sunday badges because they are the lightest volume days and they can probably count on a good 20% of the 4-day badge holders not to show on  1or both of those days.

Congrats to everyone else!

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »
I am not sure why everyone is so suprised that there are still Sunday badges... CCI said there were 3100 Saturday badges for the resale, there were likely 5 times that amount or more of Sunday badges. At this point, people are not going to spend $600 on a flight domestically. $1000+ internationsal to come in for one day. Then hundresds of dollars for a hotel... Pretty much the Sunday badges left are going to locals or people within driving distance. I'm guessing most of the locals already have their badge(s).

I'm surprised, because given how much hype surrounds SDCC these days, and for every sale for the past few years you had to be in the waiting room within minutes to even get a chance to get any ticket--it seems like the type of event that would have tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of people that would be willing to drop everything at a minute's notice, let alone a month's notice, just to get a piece.  Apparently that's not the case.  Or maybe they really have gone over the hump of their 15 minutes of fame.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 11:39:31 AM »
Agreed. In the general sales, Sunday badges are the last to go, but they do go, and relatively fast.

I think there are 2 big differences here: first, we are now less than a month before the Con, which is very late to make travel plans if you aren't in the local area. Second, the availability of Sunday-only badges was not advertised, so 'locals' from the LA/SD area who might be interested in a one day trip haven't necessarily heard about the badges.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2013, 11:41:49 AM »
FYI: Sunday badges are now sold out.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2013, 11:42:48 AM »

Goo to know! I'm glad they did sell. It would have been weird to have CCI selling them at the door!  ;D

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2013, 11:55:54 AM »
She beat me to it!

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2013, 12:10:20 PM »

22.5 hours.  Wow.  Wowwowwow.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
Re: Thursday and Sunday Badges -- Sold Out
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »

I think one reason was the fact that anyone who had 4 Day or Saturday was being blocked from even logging on to the site, that's want happen to some friends of mine and then they realized they were leaving on Sunday anyway so they did not pursue it . I'm a programmer by trade and I can see this as being a bug that nobody really wanted to fix. They pretty much went quick and dirty with the code change to allow international memberIDs into the system , but forgot about the code for blocking the 4 day and Saturday badge holders.
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2013, 12:30:44 PM »

I'm surprised because Con has consistently sold out and there are never tickets left at this late stage. Plus there are many people complaining that they could not get badges and offering to sell their first born for badges in online posts. Yeah Sunday is not like the other days but there is still stuff going on. Any day is better than no day at this point -

I think the membership id reg closing down probably shut out many people. Yeah maybe Sunday only would shut out people from out of state but there are a lot of locals and some people that could only get one other day badges. But it said Sat badge people were shut out of this sale. Maybe if they had been allowed to buy them, they could have gone faster. Some of them probably couldn't get other days.

Oh, it would not surprise me if CCI decided to sell more Thursday and Sunday badges because they are the lightest volume days and they can probably count on a good 20% of the 4-day badge holders not to show on  1or both of those days.

Congrats to everyone else!