All Other Conventions (aka Friendly Neighborhood) > Other Comic Cons and Conventions

The business of comic con's & pop culture con's

<< < (2/10) > >>

Trev:
I think it is gross and not net. labor and materials costs are not taken into account if I'm reading it correctly.

Chris:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI think it is gross and not net. labor and materials costs are not taken into account if I'm reading it correctly.

--- End quote ---

Net would be interesting to see as well.  I THINK (not 100% on this) that the smallest not-corner booth at SDCC is $2,000.  At mini cons, tables can be $100.

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Trev:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginNet would be interesting to see as well.  I THINK (not 100% on this) that the smallest not-corner booth at SDCC is $2,000.  At mini cons, tables can be $100.

--- End quote ---

AA is free at SDCC and Small Press is like $500 or $800, I think. The red area is where it starts to get a bit pricier for small vendors.

Chris:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginAA is free at SDCC and Small Press is like $500 or $800, I think. The red area is where it starts to get a bit pricier for small vendors.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, sorry.  My $ figure was for booth vendors like comic back issue sales, not artist's alley, small press, etc.  Good point.

Mel:
I wonder why they didn't post profit graphs and only sales? They know the profts because under "Super Rating" it says they got the super rating by taking average profits (sales minus booth cost) x rating.

Seems to me that sales v. profit is a big distinction. My friend is an exhibitor and told me she usually always makes more at smaller shows because of lower booth cost plus higher visibility when there aren't a million vendors to compete with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version