All Other Conventions (aka Friendly Neighborhood) > Other Comic Cons and Conventions

Security at Comic Con's

<< < (3/3)

puppy:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginFlame Con did that, I know. You can't even bring obviously fake guns as part of cosplay. I think someone brought a banana instead.

--- End quote ---

Last year, they stopped a guy who had been inside SDCC upstairs for awhile.  Had to check his lightsaber to make sure it wasn't real.

alyssa:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last year, they stopped a guy who had been inside SDCC upstairs for awhile.  Had to check his lightsaber to make sure it wasn't real.

--- End quote ---

wait, What????

Friends of Comic Cons:
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

NCDS:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThey do.  A lot of cons do.  I can't remember which con it was that banned ALL weapons immediately after Pulse a few years ago, but precautions are put in place at most cons.  SDCC in particular is pretty good about it too.

--- End quote ---

Denver Comic Con did it right after the Pheonix con incident.  I think Denver was two weeks later.  I was actually impressed at how fast they reacted and put a policy in place.  Now execution was a mess, but they are much better now. 

The first year they did a weapon check room and it was full, the 2nd year they said you can't come in at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version