Author Topic: Rhode Island Comic-Con - 11/11 -- 13/16  (Read 4613 times)

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
Rhode Island Comic-Con - 11/11 -- 13/16
« on: September 25, 2016, 06:17:34 PM »
Anyone been to Rhode Island Comic con before? Anyone going this year? The guest list so far looks really good. They have a few big names like Kate Beckinsale and Gal Godot. I bought tickets already but just saw the thread on the 2014 Rhode Island Comic Con and how much of a mess it was and now i'm kind of worried. I didn't see anything about last years show so maybe they improved. I really hope it's a good experience because ended up buying the stupid crazy Kate Beckinsale and Gal Godot VIP tickets but after reading about the 2014 convention I'm kind of nervous about spending that much money on this con. But the tickets are non refundable so i guess i'll just hope for the best.
Anyone have any experience with this convention?

admin aly edit; title date
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 08:42:34 AM by alyssa »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Rhode Island Comic-Con - 11/11/16 & 11/13/16
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 07:37:48 AM »
i believe the '15 con went much better then the '14 con.  I kind of attributed '14 to it being a newish con adjusting to the boom in pop culture con's
plus they made some bad decisions early on in the planing which threw off their traffic flow models dramatically.

I may attend... it just depends on how tired I am and of course my wallet is are after NYCC LOL.  where are you staying ?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Rhode Island Comic-Con - 11/11 -- 13/16
« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:08:33 PM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 09:07:52 AM »
I haven't been to this con, but I agree with Alyssa that the first year for cons will always have kinks. Take a look around for some reviews of 2015. That will give you a much better idea of what 2016 will be like.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 09:57:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I may attend... it just depends on how tired I am and of course my wallet is are after NYCC LOL.  where are you staying ?

I'm staying at the holiday inn express Warwick by airport. It's about 9 miles from the convention center. All the hotels in walking distance to the convention were either booked up or really expensive. 
It is going to be a lot going to NYCC and then this one only a month later but i couldn't resist the guest list for this one. I also hope NYCC is good as i'm not thrilled with them having so many of the panels at the Garden and the Hammerstein instead of actually in the Javits center.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 10:03:59 AM »
Read some reviews of the 2015 RICC and it looks like it was a lot better but still had some problems with being over crowded. Never got the point of them having to close access like in 2014 but it still seems like they might be overselling. But to be fair I feel like a lot of convention seem to do that.
Hopefully this year they get it even better.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 10:20:27 AM »
Read some reviews of the 2015 RICC and it looks like it was a lot better but still had some problems with being over crowded. Never got the point of them having to close access like in 2014 but it still seems like they might be overselling. But to be fair I feel like a lot of convention seem to do that.
Hopefully this year they get it even better.

If you're worried about over-crowding, make sure you get there early, so you're in before they start closing doors.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 11:41:19 AM »
[member=283]Devorah[/member] or [member=317]Zero[/member]-can you link this event to the calendar as "Rhode Island CC"? Nov 11, 2016, number of days = 3. Thanks!
Ang

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 12:13:49 PM »
[member=283]Devorah[/member] or [member=317]Zero[/member]-can you link this event to the calendar as "Rhode Island CC"? Nov 11, 2016, number of days = 3. Thanks!

All done!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 08:38:19 AM »
is anyone going to this?  I may-
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Boukenred

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 101
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 09:14:06 PM »
is anyone going to this?  I may-

I'm going! I got my Gal Gadot Gold Package that comes with a VIP.
Twitter/Instagram: @Boukenred

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 09:59:18 PM »
I'm still going. Got Kate Beckinsale VIP package and Gal Gadot Gold Package. Spent way too much money already but it should be fun. They had a few cancelations which i always expect at these things but so far no one i really want to see cancelled. They also added a few guests like Christian Slater and Ray Fisher who plays Cyborg in The Justice League movie. They are also supposed to announce 3 more headline guests this Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. No idea who it will be but I'm hopeful it will be at least one more person i want to see out of the three.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 10:39:18 AM »
I'm getting a little nervous that they are over selling VIP and celebrity VIP tickets and maybe even general admission tickets. I check every few days and they have not sold out of any ticket type yet. The VIP and celebrity VIP tickets are supposed to be limited. The celebrity VIP tickets are supposed to come with guaranteed seating at the celebrity panel. The package i got is supposed to give me seating in the first 2 rows. I don't know exactly how big the panel rooms are but the rows can only be a certain size. Ticketmaster will still let me buy what seems like an unlimited amount of tickets for this package. With the convention only about 2 weeks away i can only come up with 3 possibilities why so many tickets are still available. Maybe the panel room is huge but even Hall H at SDCC which is huge i would think the first 2 rows would still be sold out at this point. Or ticket sales are just not going well or they are overselling which is what i am afraid of.
Hopefully this will be a great con and my fears will unfounded. I guess i'll find out in 2 weeks.

Offline Boukenred

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 101
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 10:57:15 AM »
I'm getting a little nervous that they are over selling VIP and celebrity VIP tickets and maybe even general admission tickets. I check every few days and they have not sold out of any ticket type yet. The VIP and celebrity VIP tickets are supposed to be limited. The celebrity VIP tickets are supposed to come with guaranteed seating at the celebrity panel. The package i got is supposed to give me seating in the first 2 rows. I don't know exactly how big the panel rooms are but the rows can only be a certain size. Ticketmaster will still let me buy what seems like an unlimited amount of tickets for this package. With the convention only about 2 weeks away i can only come up with 3 possibilities why so many tickets are still available. Maybe the panel room is huge but even Hall H at SDCC which is huge i would think the first 2 rows would still be sold out at this point. Or ticket sales are just not going well or they are overselling which is what i am afraid of.
Hopefully this will be a great con and my fears will unfounded. I guess i'll find out in 2 weeks.

I'm also kind of worried they have oversold some of the premium VIP package, and especially I heard last year this con had a reputation for having a long line.
Twitter/Instagram: @Boukenred

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 11:05:55 AM »
I'm also kind of worried they have oversold some of the premium VIP package, and especially I heard last year this con had a reputation for having a long line.

I kind of wish i would have done some more research into this con before I bought tickets but i got caught up in the excitement of the really good guest list they have. I've always wanted to see Kate Beckensdale and then they announced Gal Gaddot and I jumped in before i really thought about it. I know in 2014 this con was a disaster. They oversold everything and the fire marshal stopped letting them let people into the building. Lots of people who paid for tickets never even got into the convention at all. I read they were a lot better in 2015 (not that that says much when 2014 was so bad) but that they still had problems with long lines and being somewhat unorganized with how to run the lines and how to handle the large crowds. This is the fifth year for this convention so they really should at this point have their act together. Hopefully it will all work out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:08:02 AM by zuko3984 »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 02:15:16 PM »
I kind of wish i would have done some more research into this con before I bought tickets but i got caught up in the excitement of the really good guest list they have. I've always wanted to see Kate Beckensdale and then they announced Gal Gaddot and I jumped in before i really thought about it. I know in 2014 this con was a disaster. They oversold everything and the fire marshal stopped letting them let people into the building. Lots of people who paid for tickets never even got into the convention at all. I read they were a lot better in 2015 (not that that says much when 2014 was so bad) but that they still had problems with long lines and being somewhat unorganized with how to run the lines and how to handle the large crowds. This is the fifth year for this convention so they really should at this point have their act together. Hopefully it will all work out.

In 2014 the management made a bad decision early on about traffic flow.  Apparently they followed the model of other trade shows which modeled people coming into the con for a few hrs 3-5 I think, & leaving.  they did not factor in the normal con attendee who is there the entire day. 
apparently they adjusted their model in '15 since there didn't seem to be major issues.