Author Topic: ReedPop Aquires MCM Comic Con  (Read 2961 times)

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
ReedPop Aquires MCM Comic Con
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:48:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MCM Comic Con Joins the ReedPOP Family as It Continues Rapid Growth as #1 Producer of Pop Culture Conventions Across the Globe

NORWALK, CT -- October 23, 2017 — ReedPOP, the world’s largest producer of pop culture events, is adding a series of premier events across the United Kingdom to its portfolio through the acquisition of MCM Comic Con. Today, ReedPOP announces that the leading pop culture events producer in the UK has joined its family of leading experiential fan events. The acquisition by ReedPOP, a boutique group within Reed Exhibitions, part of RELX Group, of MCM will take effect immediately and its impact will begin to be seen and felt on all 2018 events.

The MCM Comic Con show portfolio boasts nearly 300,000 pop culture fans and cosplayers who flock to events throughout the year in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Liverpool and Belfast.

"For nearly a decade I’ve watched with great admiration as the MCM brand grew in size, scale and quality, as well as in the hearts and minds of UK fans. I could not be more proud and humbled to team up with the MCM team to bring two world-class pop culture event companies together,” said Lance Fensterman, Global Head of ReedPOP. "The addition of the MCM brand extends the reach and influence of the ReedPOP portfolio and further solidifies our place as the number one producer of fan events across the globe. We cannot wait to work with the MCM team to build even bigger and better events for fans in the UK.”

Since ReedPOP's first event in 2006, the sold-out New York Comic Con, the group has sought to produce exceptional experiences for passionate audiences and grow the industries surrounding these passions. This philosophy has led to burgeoning attendance, the support of major creators and publishers and partnerships with leading entertainment brands including Lucasfilm (Star Wars Celebration), Twitch (TwitchCon) and Penny Arcade (PAX).

In recent years, ReedPOP has recognized pop culture audiences emerging throughout the world, where it has produced once-in-a-lifetime experiences for these new fans and connected exhibitors to these hungry, unexplored markets. ReedPOP’s previous global events have been held in China, France, Australia, Germany, India, Singapore, Korea and other territories across the globe.

MCM Comic Con was co-founded by Bryan Cooney premiering the show in 2002 as the London Expo. The next few years saw London Expo grow and flourish. In 2004, it rebranded as London MCM Expo — the ‘MCM’ standing for ‘Movies, Comics, Media’; and in 2005, it took the first steps that would transform it from a collectors’ and autograph event into a comic con, with the addition of dedicated comics and anime areas plus film and TV content. More recent years saw MCM spread its wings, launching events across the UK.

“Everyone at MCM is delighted to be joining the ReedPOP family.  I have visited NYCC many times and thought how cool would it be to work with Lance and ReedPOP.  Today, all my wishes are granted.  I look forward to launching MCM into a higher orbit of popular culture’s greatest shows alongside ReedPOP”.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
Re: ReedPop Aquires MCM Comic Con
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 09:24:42 AM »
Maybe I'll find my way to the UK one day for one of these.
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:06:12 AM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 01:02:41 PM »
Maybe I'll find my way to the UK one day for one of these.

Ditto, would love to do that. Angoulême is on my bucket list too.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 11:32:07 PM »
I really enjoy MCM's shows. They are busy but not chaotic. Also they get some really good talent.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 06:26:08 AM »
I really enjoy MCM's shows. They are busy but not chaotic. Also they get some really good talent.

from what little i've been able to get from the Hangouts with Leonard about MCM- It really seems as tho it'll be a good fit- I can imagine the ReedPop organization looking for local folks to maintain the local 'feel' to the con's
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5