Author Topic: CCI 2012 Badge Resales  (Read 33017 times)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: Badge Resale
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 11:12:22 PM »
the limit is typically 2 sets of badges (so 2 4 days for 2 different people or 2 of each single day as long as it's for 2 different people), not that you can only buy 2 days for yourself (and thus miss out on 2 other days)...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Spiderdan

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 06:17:47 AM »
When badges do go on sale there are some things you can do to speed up your browsing speed, especially if you use Firefox.  You can change your dns settings to get a faster ping, and you can customize the settings in Firefox to make it faster.  I did this, then bookmarked the link cci sent out.  At 7:55 I started pressing shift + refresh until the site went live, I was number 710.  If you are interested you can search google for a program called open dns and for the custom Firefox settings.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2012 Badge Resales
« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:34:28 AM »

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 03:33:49 PM »
Is this only for Firefox, or can it work for, say, Google Chrome? Also, when you say Shift+Refresh is that Shift, the plus button, and refresh, or just Hold the shift key and click the refresh button.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 03:42:08 PM »
Is that, a couple of badges like two single day badges, or a badge for two people? Are those two options not mutually exclusive? The reason for asking is because there are three people in my group, all of which who at least want to go one day (as it stands, I am the only one who was able to get a badge at all).

Both.

They had separate sale days for the 4 day badges and the single day badges. The day the 4 day badges went on sale, you could buy two 4 day badges. The day the single day badges went on sale you could buy two single day badges... both for the same persoon or one each for 2 different people.

That's not to say they'll do it the same way this year, but that was my experience last year going through badge resales.

Offline Spiderdan

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 04:12:17 AM »
Is this only for Firefox, or can it work for, say, Google Chrome? Also, when you say Shift+Refresh is that Shift, the plus button, and refresh, or just Hold the shift key and click the refresh button.

You can only change the settings in firefox, chrome and explorer will not let you.  The shift refresh is just pressing shift and f5 at the same time.  This basically clears the cache on the website as you reload it.

Offline Voluptuous Donuts

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 06:57:07 AM »
andrewbrowning, have you tried to use Kayak.com? I looked for rooms on there, but some of the prices were restricted - meaning you had to call. This was over a month ago, and thought I would try anyways. I called 500 West, and booked my room. Prices will be high regardless, but it doesn't hurt to try and call. It worked for me.

I recommend 500 West for a few reasons: 1) the price, 2) location [three or so blocks from the Convention Center], and 3) availability.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Re: Badge Resale- Comic considering options- there may be hope!
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 04:54:45 AM »
Hi all,

Like many--- I didn't get all of the days I wanted for SDCC due to the link fiasco---.  I sent a suggestion to them via email about letting those who already have a member ID to get first dibs at resale tickets.  I was surprised to get a return email that stated that they are considering options such as this.

Sooo...there may be hope!  They said it may be sometime later this week before a decision is made. 

(That would be pretty quick, and very welcomed by me!)
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 05:09:09 AM »
i had heard this might be a possibility too....
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 12:40:05 PM »
Hi all,

Like many--- I didn't get all of the days I wanted for SDCC due to the link fiasco---.  I sent a suggestion to them via email about letting those who already have a member ID to get first dibs at resale tickets.  I was surprised to get a return email that stated that they are considering options such as this.

Sooo...there may be hope!  They said it may be sometime later this week before a decision is made. 

I must agree. I mean, I know this is going to sound self inflatory, but I did some super math (like, really really,) to get my atomic clock down to the wire on time, and I know that if the link would have worked, I probably would have been able to at least get my friends some badges as well (as it stands right now, I was only able to buy a Single Sunday Badge for myself).

So, yeah, that would be nice. It'll still be a bloodbath, but at least we won't drown  ;)

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »
Does anyone happen to know whether they will use the same system as they did last year (you know, keep refreshing the page until you see the green button) or will they do what they did this year (you are automatically redirected to the waiting room)?

Because, I gotta say, that whole "green button" thing is extremely inefficient.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »
Does anyone happen to know whether they will use the same system as they did last year (you know, keep refreshing the page until you see the green button) or will they do what they did this year (you are automatically redirected to the waiting room)?

Because, I gotta say, that whole "green button" thing is extremely inefficient.

I gotta think CCI will just send out the link in it's emails to avoid the google gateway issue they had last time
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 06:17:58 PM »

I gotta think CCI will just send out the link in it's emails to avoid the google gateway issue they had last time

So, the best way to proceed then (even if they manage to fix the link) would be to copy the address and go to the page manually, I guess. Screw me once, shame on you, but screw me twice...

Not that it was there fault, but still. ::)

Offline morganville

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 08:57:18 PM »
Hi all,

I sent an email asking the same thing and never got a reply.  I will have to say that when my husband and I went in 2010 we bought our pre-reg 2011 tickets onsite with no problems.  Different story for 2012 pre-reg tickets, as we all know.  I was only able to get Thursday/Sunday for us both.  Not only did I follow the directions (even watched the video the night before) and was part of the "follow the bouncing link" fiasco,  but my husband never received the advanced notice of when the tickets would go on sale.

I really would like it for them to let us know in advance, again, when the resales are available.  Either way, I'm still in San Diego for the CCI duration.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.  "Eleonara", Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 09:40:36 PM »
I sent an email asking the same thing and never got a reply.  I will have to say that when my husband and I went in 2010 we bought our pre-reg 2011 tickets onsite with no problems.  Different story for 2012 pre-reg tickets, as we all know.  I was only able to get Thursday/Sunday for us both.  Not only did I follow the directions (even watched the video the night before) and was part of the "follow the bouncing link" fiasco,  but my husband never received the advanced notice of when the tickets would go on sale.

I really would like it for them to let us know in advance, again, when the resales are available.  Either way, I'm still in San Diego for the CCI duration.
"Comic-Con International" on the facebook fan page mentioned that if you opted out of certain e-mail newsletters and settings, then you would have likely been unable to receive the e-mail about badge registration date and time.  When they re-enable the "Member ID" page on the website, it might be a good idea to go into your account and check up on that. (They said that it would be available again sometime after registration... don't know when though.)

Directly from the website, just for reference:
"We will reopen the Member ID system soon -- stay tuned for announcements. By signing up for a Comic-Con Member ID, you will be eligible to participate in the sale of returned and refunded badges later this year. A Member ID is required to purchase a badge for Comic-Con. "

Hope that helps! ^-^d
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:01:07 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Re: Badge Resale- There is new hope!
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 01:55:32 PM »
BADGE RE-SALES: A new hope!  >> part of the message I received (on March 9) from CCI includes this..."...Comic-Con will be sending out a very special resale notification to everyone who missed out on buying a badge during the March 3rd sale. You must have a valid and confirmed Member ID account to receive this notification. It is imperative that you do not "opt-out" of email correspondence if you want to receive this special resale email. When the Member ID system reopens shortly, please login to your account to review your opt-out preferences and make changes as necessary. We anticipate that the Member ID system will reopen (for log in only)by late next week. "
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia