Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Open Registration  (Read 44178 times)

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Re: SDCC 2020 Open Registration
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2019, 01:47:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh my L. Now, you have me freaking out. It was never a question for me that I knew where that last page was. Now, I'm forever going to worry that I didn't ACCEPT.   :o

Don't worry someone did it to me, my first year running a BG a person commented they almost forgot to put in ACCEPT but caught it before the time was up, I freaked and went back to my confirmation page and I had done it.  That was all it took, I guess since it's my fear it makes me alert when I am buying.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2019, 02:05:50 PM »
Oh my L. Now, you have me freaking out. It was never a question for me that I knew where that last page was. Now, I'm forever going to worry that I didn't ACCEPT.   :o

LMAO. Sorry!! I'm sure it's all good. ESPECIALLY if you've gotten ANY comms from CCI since Reg. The key here is that neither myself nor the buyer has heard a peep, no charge has occurred on the payment method, and no "resend" link in my CCI account.

I just have the unfortunate designation of being the unlucky outlier.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 02:09:33 PM by clarrkkent »
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #272 on: Today at 01:57:40 AM »

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2019, 03:24:16 PM »
Don't worry someone did it to me, my first year running a BG a person commented they almost forgot to put in ACCEPT but caught it before the time was up, I freaked and went back to my confirmation page and I had done it.  That was all it took, I guess since it's my fear it makes me alert when I am buying.

A quirk of mine is that I leave the webpage up long after the lottery is over. So this saved me when I went back to look at the page and saw I hadn’t finished the process, but luckily I still had a few minutes left. And after the lottery is over, I’ll take one last look at the confirmation page, just to make sure it’s real and everything looks good (and screenshotted) before closing the tab.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2019, 03:36:35 PM »
A quirk of mine is that I leave the webpage up long after the lottery is over. So this saved me when I went back to look at the page and saw I hadn’t finished the process, but luckily I still had a few minutes left. And after the lottery is over, I’ll take one last look at the confirmation page, just to make sure it’s real and everything looks good (and screenshotted) before closing the tab.

I have a tendency to leave web pages up until I get receipts by email. That way, if I don't get the receipt, I print the web page. That's sort of my general rule for all purchases.

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2019, 03:42:36 PM »
I have a tendency to leave web pages up until I get receipts by email. That way, if I don't get the receipt, I print the web page. That's sort of my general rule for all purchases.
I  just closed my webpages Wednesday.  Paranoid that way. Plus I take lots of screenshots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2019, 05:15:07 PM »
I  just closed my webpages Wednesday.  Paranoid that way. Plus I take lots of screenshots.

In addition to screen shots, I learned I can save the actual web page.  right click on the page, and choose 'save as' and give it whatever name you want.  When I double click on it, it comes up in my web browser.

I'm sure the web experts on the forum know how this works.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2019, 08:42:25 PM »
In addition to screen shots, I learned I can save the actual web page.  right click on the page, and choose 'save as' and give it whatever name you want.  When I double click on it, it comes up in my web browser.

I'm sure the web experts on the forum know how this works.

Which browser does that?

Offline loubert

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 26
« Reply #277 on: November 22, 2019, 09:25:40 PM »
LMAO. Sorry!! I'm sure it's all good. ESPECIALLY if you've gotten ANY comms from CCI since Reg. The key here is that neither myself nor the buyer has heard a peep, no charge has occurred on the payment method, and no "resend" link in my CCI account.

I just have the unfortunate designation of being the unlucky outlier.

Last year, in the general sale, I goofed up when buying for someone else in our group and bought Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday for him, but somehow forgot to buy Friday. I felt AWFUL. I emailed Comic-Con, explained what I had done, making sure to note that Friday had obviously still been available when I submitted the order (since I had been able to purchase Saturday, which is the first day to sell out), and I begged for mercy. Several months later, Comic-Con sent me a note saying that, as a one-time courtesy, they would allow me to buy the missing day for the member of my group.

This was definitely a different situation than yours (since I had just forgotten to purchase a day, as opposed to having someone else forget to submit the entire purchase), but if the person who was placing your order hasn't yet reached out to SDCC, it's worth a shot. I do think the request probably needs to come from the purchaser (or, in this case, almost-purchaser). I also never mentioned the buying group; I just said I was buying for a friend.

Fingers crossed that this will somehow work out for you!

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #278 on: November 22, 2019, 09:29:06 PM »
Which browser does that?

Can do this on safari. I’m not sure if other OS or browsers can. I always assumed you could do this anywhere.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #279 on: November 22, 2019, 09:32:28 PM »
Can do this on safari. I’m not sure if other OS or browsers can. I always assumed you could do this anywhere.

I tried it in Edge and IE, and neither could do it.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #280 on: November 23, 2019, 03:53:08 AM »
Which browser does that?
I've done it with chrome.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #281 on: November 23, 2019, 04:53:11 AM »
I tried it in Edge and IE, and neither could do it.
In IE, just open the Menu bar, click File, Save As, and you can save the file as a Web Archive.
Edge doesn't seem to have the capability to save pages.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #282 on: November 23, 2019, 05:53:55 AM »
In IE, just open the Menu bar, click File, Save As, and you can save the file as a Web Archive.
Edge doesn't seem to have the capability to save pages.

Edge does have a notes feature. Maybe I should try it just to see how it works.

Ah, yes.  I just tried it. Pretty cool. It captures the entire screen. I can scroll!  Will have to use it next time.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #283 on: November 23, 2019, 03:55:42 PM »
Okay. Thanks. Then follow up question:

Is there anyone that HAS NOT received their barcode/confirmation yet?

I’m missing one. But I think it’s because of the email service I use. Hotmail. I had an issue with them before for NYCC.

Just ask CCI to send it to another email address.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #284 on: November 24, 2019, 02:59:12 PM »
I’m missing one. But I think it’s because of the email service I use. Hotmail. I had an issue with them before for NYCC.

My sister uses Hotmail for Comic Con, and I always have to ask her to check her email around registration times (I do all the registration & hotel stuff for the both of us), because everything goes straight to spam.