Author Topic: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread  (Read 50342 times)

Offline ayonoi

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
Re: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread
« Reply #450 on: April 13, 2016, 02:12:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The more and more tech dependent this badge thing becomes, the more I think of situations like in the movie Gattaca.  More technology, which those who really want to, will find a way to get around.  And that will not be me...

Dropping some blood on my badge to be tied to my DNA is not something I would recommend to CCI...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #451 on: June 12, 2016, 05:25:27 AM »
i have to admit, i do like this posters style;

Hi my name is Noah Bright! I scam people on craigslist. I volunteer at the costume ball sometimes, and try to get extra tickets from the woman that runs it. I'm involved in illegal activity on here and I have to go to court sometimes for stuff like conning people out of their money. I even take money from friends! I think I'm really smart, but when I get drunk, I sometimes let the "cat out of the bag". I like to hang out in Coronado where I get old men to pay for my s**t. :) My car etc. I'm a lowlife. And I'll steal from you too. I also slash peoples tires, like my old roommate back in Imperial Beach. I do this because I can only resort to incredibly petty and wimpy behavior. So if you want to get cheated out of your money. Take a good look at my face. Do I look a criminal to you? Probably not.

PS: Did I mention I'm a big guy? 6 ft1 , I love talking about how "big and bad" I am but I'm terrified of short women that grab me by the hair and toss me out the door. Ouch...

(Public Service Announcement Enjoy)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #452 on: Today at 08:22:25 AM »

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #452 on: June 12, 2016, 08:29:58 AM »
The more and more tech dependent this badge thing becomes, the more I think of situations like in the movie Gattaca.  More technology, which those who really want to, will find a way to get around.  And that will not be me...
Dropping some blood on my badge to be tied to my DNA is not something I would recommend to CCI...
i think all they need to do is incorporate a photo. events such as cannes require you upload a photo when registering. the badge you receive is like a drivers license. they have security at all entrances who just check to make sure the picture matches the person.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #453 on: June 12, 2016, 08:48:34 AM »
i think all they need to do is incorporate a photo. events such as cannes require you upload a photo when registering. the badge you receive is like a drivers license. they have security at all entrances who just check to make sure the picture matches the person.
including a photo might be the next step, but the only problem i see is it would really slow down the process of letting everybody into the convention center.

this year im curious how well the whole RFID process will slow things down. especially when 1st using your badge at the convention center, because if it doesnt work you can't get into the convention center and will have to go to customer service.
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #454 on: June 12, 2016, 09:14:47 AM »
aside from the first day of WonderCon- the rfid system was seemless
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5