Author Topic: Movie Speculation Thread  (Read 22861 times)

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
Movie Speculation Thread
« on: March 11, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »
Hey all this list is just complete speculation and by no means thorough, but I think at least some of these movies have a good shot at having panels at the Con:

The Wolverine
Red 2
300 Part 2
Elysium
Kick Ass 2
Riddick
Machete 2 (less likely)
Sin City 2
Clerks 3
Thor 2
Hunger Games: Catching Fire (though I know Jennifer Lawrence isn't a big fan of comic-con panels)
Hobbit part II
Anchorman 2 (Ferrell being there last year+ the first being about San Diego have this as my dark horse pick)
Muppets 2 (BIG Stretch with D23 on its heels)
X Men: First Class 2

That's all I could think of in terms of movies that fit the comic-con profile that have yet to be confirmed.  Any other movies you all are hoping for?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: Movie Speculation Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 12:52:58 PM »
I expect a big Marvel MCU panel in general with news about CA: Winter Soldier and the other movies they have lined up.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:15:34 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 12:55:31 PM »
Okay, so it's a smaller name film (independent) but I think Gamers 3/Zombie Orpheus will have a panel at SDCC. 

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 01:16:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hunger Games: Catching Fire (though I know Jennifer Lawrence isn't a big fan of comic-con panels)

This would be awesome.  I thing JLaw and her own personal brand of verbal diarrhrea would be quite entertaining in a panel :)

Yzrfan

Movie Speculation Thread
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »
Well with the announcement of no more Clone Wars and Star Wars Detours. being out on hold, I'm sure they will have something for Episode VII.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 01:21:19 PM »
This would be awesome.  I thing JLaw and her own personal brand of verbal diarrhrea would be quite entertaining in a panel :)

I think so too! But I'm a little afraid it would be first thing on Thursday and the TwiHards will shift over to camping out overnight (or days in advance) for this and it might be tough to get into.

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »
I think so too! But I'm a little afraid it would be first thing on Thursday and the TwiHards will shift over to camping out overnight (or days in advance) for this and it might be tough to get into.

I'd almost rather have that happen then have it be late Saturday, where it makes it that much harder to get into a Hobbit part 2, or something similar.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 02:49:36 PM »
I'd almost rather have that happen then have it be late Saturday, where it makes it that much harder to get into a Hobbit part 2, or something similar.
I'm pretty much in the same boat.  THG is not my thing and the fandom is crazy, so I kind of really want it to be first thing on Thursday  >:D.

I'm going to be trying to get as close as humanely possible for the Marvel panel, so I'm a fan of anything that decreases the number of big fandoms I will be doing battle with.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 02:53:01 PM »
I expect a big Marvel MCU panel in general with news about CA: Winter Soldier and the other movies they have lined up.

That'd be nice; with Disney's D23 Expo just a few weeks after Comic-Con, though, I wouldn't be surprised if there is no Marvel Movie panel.  :(

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 03:59:39 PM »
That'd be nice; with Disney's D23 Expo just a few weeks after Comic-Con, though, I wouldn't be surprised if there is no Marvel Movie panel.  :(

Personally if I ran Marvel, I'd do both. Maybe something different at each one but the crowds of SDCC and D23 are different. You shouldn't ignore one fanbase for another.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 04:03:47 PM »

Personally if I ran Marvel, I'd do both. Maybe something different at each one but the crowds of SDCC and D23 are different. You shouldn't ignore one fanbase for another.

I really hope they do both.  After last years Hall H love note, I feel like there's a good chance that they will, but still, my stress levels would be vastly improved if D23 didn't exist.  I live close enough that I could go if I had to, but given the prices + the fact that I would only be going for Marvel, I wouldn't want to go more than one day and I don't know if that would actually let me get in line early enough to make it inside the arena  :-\.

Offline wikkibird

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 07:15:45 AM »
A big part of my reason why I want to go this year is the awesome Marvel panel they will (hopefully) have.

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 07:46:40 AM »
It doesn't make a lot of sense financially for Disney to pull out from SDCC in favor of D23. Companies put up booths ad have panels at these conventions to generate fan buzz and get media coverage. SDCC is far more widely covered by print and television media than D23, so passing over SDCC for D23 really make no sense and Disney rarely makes poor marketing decisions.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 07:51:34 AM »
I really, really, really want to catch the Hobbit 2 panel.

Also, do you think Tron 3 might have something going? I head the script was greenlit awhile back. I would spend the entire con over there if there was!

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 07:58:06 AM »
I really, really, really want to catch the Hobbit 2 panel.

Also, do you think Tron 3 might have something going? I head the script was greenlit awhile back. I would spend the entire con over there if there was!
If they do have a Disney panel and they have anything at all done on the third Tron movie they would probably show it at SDCC. They were showing test footage and having events at SDCC for years before Tron Legacy came out. Disney knows how rabid the Tron following at SDCC is.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper