Author Topic: Star Trek Bar Experience  (Read 7259 times)

Offline AlaskaRainbow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 139
Re: Star Trek Bar Experience
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2022, 04:44:53 PM »
Purchased Thurs 5:30 for all four of us. Woohoo! I'm pretty excited because even if it's not a stellar event it's something I know I could only do at SDCC which makes it pretty cool right there. I mean it's Star Trek how could that be bad? hahahaha

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2022, 05:11:26 PM »
It sounds to me like it's something like the Westworld experience they had that year. Honestly, I'd rather have a fee and then be able to reserve something like this, than wait hours in line and be denied (which is what happened with us for Westworld).

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 11:31:40 AM »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2022, 05:37:04 PM »
I took to long thinking about VIP, not shocked it's sold out
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2022, 05:51:30 PM »
My friends and I got tix for the 9:30 Saturday since that’s the only night we know for sure we won’t be overnighting  for Hall H.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2022, 06:10:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My friends and I got tix for the 9:30 Saturday since that’s the only night we know for sure we won’t be overnighting  for Hall H.

You didn't get me a ticket for my Birthday?  So rude  :P

Thought I can't do 9:30 anyways I have a birthday party to attend.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline takit0

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 92
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2022, 07:48:47 PM »
You didn't get me a ticket for my Birthday?  So rude  :P

Thought I can't do 9:30 anyways I have a birthday party to attend.

Are you sure the location for the birthday party didn’t move (like to this one)? 😆
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 08:06:06 PM by takit0 »
2023: SDCC & Fantastic Fest
2024: ...

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2022, 08:30:29 PM »
It sounds to me like it's something like the Westworld experience they had that year. Honestly, I'd rather have a fee and then be able to reserve something like this, than wait hours in line and be denied (which is what happened with us for Westworld).

That was a more individualized experience with a narrative.  Kind of like how the Mr. Robot offsite was as well.  This is basically a Star Trek themed restaurant.  Here's a video I found of it on youtube when it happened in LA.  I made it a spoiler in case someone wants to be surprised.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 08:34:44 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline jacmaryang

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2022, 08:52:54 PM »
That was a more individualized experience with a narrative.  Kind of like how the Mr. Robot offsite was as well.  This is basically a Star Trek themed restaurant.  Here's a video I found of it on youtube when it happened in LA.  I made it a spoiler in case someone wants to be surprised.

Thanks for sharing that! Wonder if it will be similar in San Diego or if they will do some extra special things since it's during SDCC.

Offline JKingoftheNerds

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2022, 09:17:39 PM »
Thanks for sharing that! Wonder if it will be similar in San Diego or if they will do some extra special things since it's during SDCC.

My guess is that it will be at least slightly more elaborate since it's an SDCC experience. The LA event only cost $25 and the SDCC one is $60 (even factoring in the current inflation situation, that's a pretty significant price increase for there not to be some more depth to the experience), and also according to Parks and Cons' write-up on the LA event, different food trucks were brought in each day to provide food for that event, whereas the SDCC event seems like it will have more of a set (and likely Star Trek themed?) menu. I'm certainly hoping the SDCC one will be more immersive *fingers crossed*

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2022, 10:48:40 PM »
Went back and forth a bit but decided to go for it and got tickets for Thursday 1:30pm. I LOVED it when it was in LA and my dad is a huge Star Trek fan from way back so I'm excited to get to take him. I just hope it's as good as in LA (or better, with that price hike  ::) ) and that they still have mocktails. My dad is obviously over 21 but he's sober so I don't want him to be stuck with plain Earth water.

Offline jacmaryang

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2022, 11:34:08 PM »
My guess is that it will be at least slightly more elaborate since it's an SDCC experience. The LA event only cost $25 and the SDCC one is $60 (even factoring in the current inflation situation, that's a pretty significant price increase for there not to be some more depth to the experience), and also according to Parks and Cons' write-up on the LA event, different food trucks were brought in each day to provide food for that event, whereas the SDCC event seems like it will have more of a set (and likely Star Trek themed?) menu. I'm certainly hoping the SDCC one will be more immersive *fingers crossed*

Ah, right. The price difference. :) Hopefully that means a better experience and some tasty food!

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2022, 12:00:20 AM »
Saturday isn’t bought out; it’s not happening during the day on Saturday.  According to the listed hours of operation, it starts at 9:30pm Saturday.  Probably studio stuff during that day.

LOL! Thanks for pointing this out. I just assumed when I saw only the late times, the earlier ones were sold out. Seems weird that it starts that late that day.

Thanks for posting this. After watching the video I gotta admit, I'm a little underwhelmed. Maybe as a solo person, I might need something more, but if I were with a group of friends, this would probably appeal to me more. But on the video,

Also, FYI for anyone wondering, the experience requires you to be fully vaccinated. No testing as a sub or exceptions.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2022, 12:07:10 AM »
I'm certainly hoping the SDCC one will be more immersive *fingers crossed*

It would be awesome if they made it like the Bladerunner 2049 offsite.  It's one of my favorite offsites ever.

But from the description and what the LA one was like, I think it more likely to be like this if it's more immersive.

These are examples of what I meant when I said that offsites like this used to be free.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 12:25:45 AM by chocolateshake »

Offline jacmaryang

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2022, 12:37:19 AM »
Went back and forth a bit but decided to go for it and got tickets for Thursday 1:30pm. I LOVED it when it was in LA and my dad is a huge Star Trek fan from way back so I'm excited to get to take him. I just hope it's as good as in LA (or better, with that price hike  ::) ) and that they still have mocktails. My dad is obviously over 21 but he's sober so I don't want him to be stuck with plain Earth water.
The FAQ document says this:

Will food and beverage be available on site for purchase?

Both food and alcoholic / non-alcoholic beverages will be included as part of the guest ticket price. Purchase price includes 2 complimentary cocktail tickets, after which guests may continue enjoying the bar on a cash-basis.

So it sounds like there are non-alcoholic options?

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2022, 01:15:07 AM »
It would be awesome if they made it like the Bladerunner 2049 offsite.  It's one of my favorite offsites ever.

But from the description and what the LA one was like, I think it more likely to be like this if it's more immersive.

These are examples of what I meant when I said that offsites like this used to be free.

Feels like with an upcoming recession, inflation, labor issues and general uncertainty in the air due to Covid, events like these may be absent for the foreseeable future. On one hand, both were really cool. On the other, I recall the waits for both seemed pretty long.