Author Topic: Saturday Hidden Gems (2022)  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Saturday Hidden Gems (2022)
« on: July 01, 2022, 05:49:05 PM »
Use this thread to discuss any hidden gems you find in the Saturday schedule.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Re: Saturday Hidden Gems (2022)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »
My husband is a fan of hers - we may check this out:
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm: Conjuring Kesha: Supernatural Talk with the Global Pop Superstar
Global pop superstar Kesha and some of her famous friends explore the supernatural in Conjuring Kesha, an all-new docu-series from Discovery+ launching July 22. Kesha will be live and in-person with some of her celebrity friends to give fans an exclusive sneak peek into her paranormal adventures. Hear about Kesha’s lifelong fascination with the unknown and personal stories from her skeptical friends while on their cosmic exploration of life's supernatural mysteries.
Room 6BCF

Or this one looks good, too (Con-flicts!) - I love this guy's work!
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm: Spotlight on Phil LaMarr
Actor Phil LaMarr, known for Mad TV, Pulp Fiction, and his extensive voice acting career, with roles animated series including Justice League, Futurama, Samurai Jac k, Static Shock, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars, will be ruthlessly interrogated by Mark Evanier about his journey from an '80s comic book fanboy to the voice of iconic characters in the DC, Marvel, and many other fandom universes.
Room 23ABC

Fun!!
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Live Celebrity Gameshow: ITATYWOYCTSATATIWOMC
“Is The Answer That You Wrote On Your Card The Same As The Answer That I Wrote On My Card" pays homage to the original Hollywood game show The Match Game. Watch two contestants try to win by matching wits with celebrated talent including some of the most iconic voice-over artists in the industry. Featuring Maurice LaMarche (Pinky & The Brain), Tom Kenny (Sponge Bob Square Pants), Phil LaMarr (Futurama), Jacqueline Emerson (Hunger Games), and Dana Powers (Carcerem).
Room 5AB
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:55:46 AM »

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 11:01:20 AM »
The Kesha panel is throwing off my whole plan! I really love her but it means I couldn’t see either of my other panels on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 11:05:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Kesha panel is throwing off my whole plan! I really love her but it means I couldn’t see either of my other panels on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did an excited double-take when I saw her name!
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 11:31:43 AM »
This looks like fun, for those of us frm the Sat-AM generation.

10:00 am - 11:00 am: A Look Back at Animated Series from the ’80s

Writers from your favorite 1980s cartoon series recount their fondest memories and painful war stories about the shows that made your childhood. Craig Miller (The Smurfs, The Real Ghostbusters hosts Brooks Wachtel (She-Ra, Super Mario Brothers), Eric Lewald (Galaxy High, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers), Karen Willson (Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Dink the Dinosaur), and John Semper (Spider-Man, Static Shock).
Room 9

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 02:37:02 PM »
I feel like there’s gotta be a tie in with the Horton

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2022, 05:14:14 PM »
The End is Nye with Bill Nye

4:15 PM - 5:15 PM Room 6A

Bill Nye the Science Guy is back and hosting an all-new science disaster series The End Is Nye with co-creators Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga. Each episode of the Peacock series explores an epic global disaster with engaging VFX spectacles, then demystifies them using science to show how we can survive, mitigate, and even prevent them. Sprinkled with Seth MacFarlane’s signature humor, this timely series explores end-of-the-world scenarios with Bill Nye at the center of it all. Executive producer Bill Nye, showrunner/EP Brannon Braga (Star Trek, The Orville, Books of Blood), and executive producer Erica Huggins (president, Fuzzy Door) debut the official trailer and share an exclusive sneak peek at their new Peacock series from Universal Television Alternative Studio and UCP.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022, 07:38:35 PM »
Spotlight on J. Michael Straczynski

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Room 7AB
DESCRIPTION
The Hugo and Eisner Award–winning creator of Babylon 5 and Crusade, co-creator/writer/producer for Sense8, comics writer for Marvel, DC, and Image, and writer for such films as Changeling, Thor, WWZ and others, J. Michael Straczynski discusses the next chapters in his career: writing a host of new comics for AWA, two new feature films, his next novel, two new audio dramas, and a return to Marvel Comics. Plus: an exclusive briefing on the status of the Babylon 5 revival for The CW.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline shadow and flame

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2022, 10:43:04 PM »
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm:
Room 29CD
The Art of Studio Ghibli Returns

Hirokatsu Kihara (Studio Ghibli production coordinator, 1985–1990) tells the story behind Studio Ghibli while showing various pieces of original, behind-the-scenes art.

Offline SyndE

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2022, 08:01:58 AM »
3PM-4PM, Room 9
The Mighty Crusaders
From site: "In 1940 MLJ Comics, the company later re-branded as Archie Comics, published Pep Comics #1 and created the First Patriotic superhero, The Shield. They would go on to create a pantheon of superheroes including fan favorites like the Black Hood, Comet, Hangman, Jaguar, and many more, collectively known as the Mighty Crusaders. These heroes' stories have been reprinted in England, France, Germany, and Brazil. They have crossed over to radio, film, and the pulps. Presented here is the 80-year history of the greatest superheroes of the Archie Universe by moderator Rik Offenberger (MLJ Companion) with panelists Vito Delsante (writer, The Fox), and Mark Waid (writer, Impact Comics)."

This is comic history that is often overlooked - might be interesting. Plus Mark Waid is a panelist.

Offline SyndE

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2022, 08:06:19 AM »
I am a huge fan of Nate Powell, so this one:

10:00 am - 11:00 am: First you MARCH; Then You RUN, Room 6DE
Congressman John Lewis’s collaborators on RUN, the acclaimed follow-up to his National Book Award–winning and #1 bestselling graphic novel series MARCH, join to celebrate the astounding creativity and influence of the congressman’s unparalleled journey as a comics creator. Artists Nate Powell and L. Fury, Lewis's congressional aide and co-author Andrew Aydin, and the late congressman’s son John-Miles Lewis will discuss the making of RUN, comics’ unique role in U.S. history, and the special place Comic-Con held in the civil rights icon’s heart. The panel will be followed by a “Children’s March” held in tribute to the marches led by Congressman Lewis at Comic-Con over the years.