Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Hotel Discussion, July 20th to July 23rd  (Read 293402 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: SDCC 2017 Hotel Discussion, July 20th to July 23rd
« Reply #645 on: April 25, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Quick last minute clarification. Since I've asked others and I'm still confused. So I think we're all in agreement that the box for "If the only room(s) available at my specified hotels are at an upgraded/higher nightly rate, book my reservation into those room(s) at my specified hotels. NOTE: Nightly rates can be substantially higher than the rates posted above. Checking this box DOES NOT guarantee you will get a room." is pretty clear. One of our hotels if they have a suite or something higher left, they'll offer it to us, but say at $900 such as in [member=842]TardisMom[/member] 's example.

Can we come to some sort of agreement on the box below it? "Book me at a hotel that is closest to the convention center, regardless of rate." Does this mean the same as the above box, but instead of just our choices, it'll potentially offer us $900 suites but from ALL available downtown hotels? or does it mean something more specific. It'll give us the option of a hotel as close to the convention center as possible but with the normal OnPeak rates? So say Hilton Bayfront is available. They offer it to me for $309 (even though it's not in my Top 6) Or is it just like the above box?

Given the other options you can select, I think it is strictly a way to order the available hotels that are not in your list if nothing on your list(s) is available when your form is processed. So you can have them ordered by distance or price (both of these are new options) or instead have it restricted to the shuttle route. But I have to imagine the rates would be limited to the official ones in the sale, assuming you didn't also check the upgraded/higher nightly rate option.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #646 on: April 25, 2017, 08:02:49 PM »
Does anyone know how much time we get to fill the form out and submit?

I want to say 15 minutes?
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #647 on: Today at 02:46:37 AM »

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #647 on: April 25, 2017, 08:07:47 PM »
10 minutes to submit your form.

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #648 on: April 25, 2017, 08:09:19 PM »
Given the other options you can select, I think it is strictly a way to order the available hotels that are not in your list if nothing on your list(s) is available when your form is processed. So you can have them ordered by distance or price (both of these are new options) or instead have it restricted to the shuttle route. But I have to imagine the rates would be limited to the official ones in the sale, assuming you didn't also check the upgraded/higher nightly rate option.

This is what I am hoping for. I don't want any of my Top 6 if it means higher prices than the listed ones. In that case, I'd rather just take one of the others.

Offline Pixie Elf 33

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #649 on: April 25, 2017, 08:38:31 PM »
Do we know if there is any advantage to including your member ID on the form? It's a field on the form but it's not required.

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #650 on: April 25, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »
Do we know if there is any advantage to including your member ID on the form? It's a field on the form but it's not required.
It may help to establish non-duplication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jristen

• Ballroom 20
  • stardust and stuff
  • Liked: 760
« Reply #651 on: April 25, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »

No one really knows. Based on their comments about randomization, my guess is that it won't give you an advantage in the initial selection process.

Offline larry999

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #652 on: April 25, 2017, 09:04:47 PM »
I haven't posted on here in awhile. Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow, everyone!

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
« Reply #653 on: April 25, 2017, 09:07:48 PM »
I haven't posted on here in awhile. Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow, everyone!
Thanks Larry999! We are one with the force and the force is with us!

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #654 on: April 25, 2017, 09:09:02 PM »

Good luck!

And screenshots everyone, don't forget screenshots.

Offline foosbabaganoosh

• Sails Pavilion
  • Nicolas Cage is our national treasure
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #655 on: April 25, 2017, 09:11:35 PM »
Does anyone know if choosing 1 or 2rooms gives you better chances? My friends and I are trying to secure two rooms, should we:

A. first person to get in requests 2 hotel rooms (for all of us)
or
B. first person to get in requests 1 hotel room, and then we wait until another person gets in to request another 1 hotel room.

I'm just a little unclear as to whether any sort of priority is given to people who request 1 room as opposed to more. Or is it just that when you get into the request form it doesn't matter how many rooms you request, if your top hotel choice is available you'll get it.

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
« Reply #656 on: April 25, 2017, 09:18:22 PM »
Good luck!

And screenshots everyone, don't forget screenshots.
Good luck Mark! I'll see you at one or more of the meet ups!

Offline jristen

• Ballroom 20
  • stardust and stuff
  • Liked: 760
« Reply #657 on: April 25, 2017, 09:35:00 PM »
Does anyone know if choosing 1 or 2rooms gives you better chances? My friends and I are trying to secure two rooms, should we:

A. first person to get in requests 2 hotel rooms (for all of us)
or
B. first person to get in requests 1 hotel room, and then we wait until another person gets in to request another 1 hotel room.

I'm just a little unclear as to whether any sort of priority is given to people who request 1 room as opposed to more. Or is it just that when you get into the request form it doesn't matter how many rooms you request, if your top hotel choice is available you'll get it.

As far as we know, OnPeak assigns a random order that does not take into account any other factors and hotels are assigned based on that order. Requesting two rooms instead of one does mean that they will make sure all rooms are at the same hotel. So if you happen to be that unlucky person right on the edge, a second room could knock you out of your preferred hotel. On the other hand, a second form could get in too late to even get anything. There's not a definite answer, it's just whatever you're comfortable with imo - just make sure none of your forms get tossed out as duplicates.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #658 on: April 25, 2017, 09:38:22 PM »
So what happened? Were you able to turn it down and stay on wait list?

We just turned it down.  We had entered with friends and someone else got a room that we accepted.

It is actually a long story, basically though it was back when you typed SUPER FAST to enter and it was my daughter's entry, and we had proof of the entry time.  She didn't get anything and I called and made a fuss to try to get a room so we could give it to someone here on the forum.  We failed.  I posted the $900 room but of course no one wanted it.

Offline 1mrlee

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #659 on: April 25, 2017, 09:54:54 PM »
Hotel stay (2 nights, 3 days) in San Diego during SDCC

Hello all,

I booked some nonrefundable hotel rooms for SDCC (San Diego Comic Con), but unfortunately cannot make it now.

It’s only a 8 min walk from the San Diego Convention Center. Will transfer the name to whomever needs it.

The booking is for Friday July 21st — Sunday July 23rd. 2 nights, Studio Suite. 1 Full Bed. Non smoking. In Gaslamp area.

I paid $210 USD for these two nights. Happy to let them go for $200 USD.

I’m sure most (if not all) of the hotels are booked out by now. (Or more expensive)

I’ve also already confirmed with the hotel that the name transfer is allowed.

Please let me know via messages. Will accept paypal. If you need verification on who I am etc. I'm happy to supply details.