Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Hotel Discussion, July 20th to July 23rd  (Read 293456 times)

Offline jnyama

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
Re: SDCC 2017 Hotel Discussion, July 20th to July 23rd
« Reply #1545 on: May 01, 2017, 08:56:12 PM »
Hm. Well, considering that I got group 5 for parking and was stuck looking at the little green man until he grew up and went to college, this is turning into a bleak scenario.

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #1546 on: May 01, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »
I know I should be doing this through the exchange, but I can't seem to be able to find a taker for a single king at MGH. I'm a little surprised. PM me if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1547 on: Today at 01:30:37 PM »

Offline squidward

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #1547 on: May 01, 2017, 09:42:48 PM »
I submitted my hotel request to the spreadsheet. I got into the form at 907am ish so it took a while.

I don't know if there is a place to make this request/offer, but I would be interested in splitting a quad room. I will be attending with just 1 of my kids this year so just need space for 2 people.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #1548 on: May 01, 2017, 09:43:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did anyone on here just submit one hotel?

A friend of mine did.  We will see what happens with that.

[member=1310]kiddo235[/member] any update on the one-hotel submission?  Was that the friend with 2 doubles?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #1549 on: May 01, 2017, 09:46:59 PM »
I don't know if there is a place to make this request/offer, but I would be interested in splitting a quad room. I will be attending with just 1 of my kids this year so just need space for 2 people.

You might want to consider posting in our SDCC 2017 Room Sharing thread, if you haven't done so already, to look for potential roommates:

^__~ 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline NeedaRoomPlease

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #1550 on: May 01, 2017, 09:48:59 PM »
I was in by 9:02 and got a downtown hotel on my top list. None of the rest of my group got a hotel this year, including another that was in by 9:03 am.

I was in by 9:02 on phone ( I recorded the entire thing with my camcorder pointed to my laptop as well ) and got NO email. So much for getting a single at the MM. Congrats to those who got a room of their choice or close to it :) (really, glad for ya).

I was warned about my last few posts not being all fluffy and sweet which wasn't my intention. Just discussing my experiences  This recent fiasco proves I wasn't imagining what my dealings with OnPeak was the last few years... ::)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:53:05 PM by NeedaRoomPlease »

Offline squidward

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #1551 on: May 01, 2017, 10:00:25 PM »
You might want to consider posting in our SDCC 2017 Room Sharing thread, if you haven't done so already, to look for potential roommates:

^__~
And there you go. Thank you for the help. I'll go there now.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #1552 on: May 01, 2017, 10:01:53 PM »
And there you go. Thank you for the help. I'll go there now.

You're very welcome.  Happy to help.  ^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #1553 on: May 01, 2017, 10:02:29 PM »
I was in by 9:02 on phone ( I recorded the entire thing with my camcorder pointed to my laptop as well ) and got NO email. So much for getting a single at the MM. Congrats to those who got a room of their choice or close to it :) (really, glad for ya).

I was warned about my last few posts not being all fluffy and sweet which wasn't my intention. Just discussing my experiences  This recent fiasco proves I wasn't imagining what my dealings with OnPeak was the last few years... ::)

There are a lot of variables at play, you know this right? Don't take offense to what I'm about to say, but I assure you, OnPeak and the world aren't out to get you. There isn't a conspiracy against you, no matter what happens or how you feel. I got in at 9:03, no email. And I've seen others who got in instantly, state they got no emails either. Like I said, there's a lot of factors in play. Just because you didn't get anything today, doesn't mean there's any sort of "fiasco" going on. My experiences for the past 5 years have netted 0 problems. Yes, ZERO. I've gotten my top choice for 4 of those 5. 

And please clarify what sort of "fiasco" you're referencing. I don't see what OnPeak did today that wronged you. Just because you haven't gotten an email yet? They said all along, two batches. You have till May 8, then you can be upset if you get nothing. But even then, I've also seen people with times earlier than you, not get their Top 6. Again, doesn't mean anything fishy is going on.

Offline BlueSnaggletooth

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #1554 on: May 01, 2017, 10:08:22 PM »
a bunch of folks have approached me looking to give away rooms but they only have doubles/one bed.

the thought occurs to me, if more people were ok with a king, we'd be able to clear a lot more people off the board

I am okay with a king bed.

-Snags

Offline NeedaRoomPlease

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #1555 on: May 01, 2017, 10:09:52 PM »
I got in at 9:03, no email. And I've seen others who got in instantly, state they got no emails either. Like I said, there's a lot of factors in play.
I've also seen people with times earlier than you, not get their Top 6. Again, doesn't mean anything fishy is going on.

No offense taken :) .

What I meant/mean is OnPeak not being upfront in the past with time-stamps  which was proven the last few years. I, and many others can prove it.

For this year I have read some getting top choice DT hotels at 9:03. If I (or anyone else as you said) was on the phone ( or in the room, even earlier) and I have a video recording of it showing my PC clock at 9:02 that "appears" wrong doesn't it?

Offline NeedaRoomPlease

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #1556 on: May 01, 2017, 10:12:48 PM »
-Snags

King at the MM is fine by me. That was our choice and at 9:02 got nada. Of course we also read others even earlier got nothing. Good ole OnPeak.... :) .

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #1557 on: May 01, 2017, 10:15:52 PM »
No offense taken :) .

What I meant/mean is OnPeak not being upfront in the past with time-stamps  which was proven the last few years. I, and many others can prove it.

For this year I have read some getting top choice DT hotels at 9:03. If I (or anyone else as you said) was on the phone ( or in the room, even earlier) and I have a video recording of it showing my PC clock at 9:02 that "appears" wrong doesn't it?

This new system only started last year. Previous to that, was just the speed system. That one I excelled at and always got my top choice. I never saw/heard an issue there. Last year, however, I did hear issues with timestamps. 

I haven't read/heard what you're saying. I can't say I agree or disagree. It seems quite anecdotal, because it hasn't happened to everyone. I got in at 9:03:07, and no email yet. I'd need to know more specifics with their choices and how it happened. If everything happened as you say, I can see why it "appears" wrong to you. My best response is "I don't know."  But again, so many factors are in play. Which hotels you list, what options you chose, basically apples to oranges. Unless their form was an exact match to yours. But again, I don't know enough to make a valid judgment. I do see your point though. I wish I could comment further. My history has shown OnPeak to be pretty great. This year I got nothing. Got lucky with friends and an awesome member here.

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #1558 on: May 01, 2017, 10:29:04 PM »

-Snags
I have a king at MGH if you want it. Otherwise, I'm canceling it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bball2026

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #1559 on: May 01, 2017, 10:33:13 PM »
I have a king at MGH if you want it. Otherwise, I'm canceling it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent you a pm about the room. thanks