Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Hotel Discussion, July 20th to July 23rd  (Read 293431 times)

Offline sideproject

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
Re: SDCC 2017 Hotel Discussion, July 20th to July 23rd
« Reply #2145 on: May 08, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »
If we take the room we're given and deposit, you have until the 15th to request a refund- right?

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #2146 on: May 08, 2017, 02:07:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If we take the room we're given and deposit, you have until the 15th to request a refund- right?

Correct, from the official doc: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Deposits are fully refundable if your reservation is cancelled on or before May 15, 2017

Reservations cancelled between the dates of May 16, 2017 through June 6, 2017 will incur a one (1) nights' room rate plus tax cancellation fee deducted from the deposit provided.

Reservations cancelled on or after June 7, 2017 will result in a fully non-refundable deposit.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2147 on: Today at 08:10:01 AM »

Offline Shadows

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #2147 on: May 08, 2017, 02:09:16 PM »
Got my email today in the second round, at 10:22am PDT.

I was into the form on H-day at about 00:35 (never saw the little walking man at all) and submitted at about 7 minutes after the hour...

...and THANKFULLY got my first choice of HARD ROCK Studio with 2 Queen beds, Wednesday through Monday.

My data:    (which I will enter into the form)
My top 6 were all adjacent / Gaslamp downtown hotels, with NO non-downtown hotels selected.
I selected "Disregard my request if choices aren't available", and asked to be waitlisted.
I entered my Member ID. I got the confirmation page.

It seems that what I reported on Friday - that the two rounds of emails were arbitrary, and that you could still get your first choice of a downtown hotel in the second round - was indeed correct. At least according to my experience.

Really wish they would have sent me my email last week, and saved me a week of anxiety - but all things considered, I'm feeling very lucky and thankful and happy.

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #2148 on: May 08, 2017, 02:09:37 PM »
unofficial blog reporting that onpeak sending out more emails soon

Unofficial blog reporting that onPeak told someone else that more e-mails would be sent out soon. :P I asked my contact, but they haven't answered.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #2149 on: May 08, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »
"OnPeak said..." may be among the least reliable phrases in the English language.

Offline saban

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #2150 on: May 08, 2017, 02:14:57 PM »

I was into the form on H-day at about 00:35 (never saw the little walking man at all) and submitted at about 7 minutes after the hour...

...and THANKFULLY got my first choice of HARD ROCK Studio with 2 Queen beds, Wednesday through Monday.

My top 6 were all adjacent / Gaslamp downtown hotels, with NO non-downtown hotels selected.
I selected "Disregard my request if choices aren't available", and asked to be waitlisted.

It seems that what I reported on Friday - that the two rounds of emails were arbitrary, and that you could still get your first choice of a downtown hotel in the second round - was indeed correct. At least according to my experience.

Really wish they would have sent me my email last week, and saved me a week of anxiety - but all things considered, I'm feeling very lucky and thankful and happy.

Congratulation!

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #2151 on: May 08, 2017, 02:19:54 PM »
So I'm too tired to ping everyone who asked about if OP is still sending out e-mails. After Wave 1 went out, OP confirmed on twitter that they were done. That hasn't popped up on OP's twitter yet.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline racheva

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #2152 on: May 08, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »

Holy crap, I think you win the prize for most amazing outlier. Congrats, but sorry you had to stress so much!
SDCC 2011-2017, NYCC 2014-2017, D23 EXPO 2015-2017, SWCO 2017, Wondercon 2016

Offline sideproject

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #2153 on: May 08, 2017, 02:20:20 PM »
"OnPeak said..." may be among the least reliable phrases in the English language.

I feel like you could call OnPeak 3 different times and get 3 different answers.

It's like when I was a kid and I didn't like mom's answer- I would go ask dad (or vice versa).

Offline RustyPonds

• Gaming Lounge
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 263
« Reply #2154 on: May 08, 2017, 02:27:18 PM »

Awesome! Congrats.

Offline soncrazy808

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #2155 on: May 08, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »
Am I still eligible to get waitlisted if I got a downtown hotel via lottery? I was assigned one outside of my top-6 today, and am wondering if I can be a part of the waitlist if I decide to let this one go.

I am also wondering about this.

Offline Bowdown

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2156 on: May 08, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »
Last year i got omni and hilton gaslamp,

This time, still no email.

All i needed was friday and saturday

I used 3 emails and listed for the hotels below
Hardrock
Omni
Hilton gaslamp
San diego marriott gaslamp
Residence inn gas lamp
Hotel solamar
Hilton bay front

I guess by this time its probably impossible to get any of those unless i pay somebody 100bucks to transfer their reservation approval to me or trade my sdcc friday or saturday badge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nightsky386

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2157 on: May 08, 2017, 02:49:40 PM »

Hardrock
Omni
Hilton gaslamp
Residence inn gas lamp
Hotel solamar
Hilton bay front

I guess by this time its probably impossible to get any of those unless i pay somebody 100bucks to transfer their reservation approval to me or trade my sdcc friday or saturday badge

I really wonder if the dates of the reservation also somehow super-factored in? Like my reservation is shorter than last year's (by a day... Thursday-Monday instead of Wednesday-Monday like I've been doing for a few years now), and add to that my late time in accessing the form (like 9:04-9:05ish) = no e-mail thusfar for me. =(

Offline jristen

• Ballroom 20
  • stardust and stuff
  • Liked: 760
« Reply #2158 on: May 08, 2017, 02:53:21 PM »

Just as a reminder, FOCC doesn't allow any profiteering/bribing for reservation transfers. I suggest putting a request on the FOCC Request/Trade sheet (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) and keeping an eye on the Offers post that will go up tomorrow.

Offline racheva

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #2159 on: May 08, 2017, 02:56:17 PM »

Hardrock
Omni
Hilton gaslamp
Residence inn gas lamp
Hotel solamar
Hilton bay front

there may still be some downtown hotels that will be offered up through this forum. and luckily, there's a rule against charging people a ~finder's fee. maybe post in the requests document or take a look at the rooms offered up when that spreadsheet goes live tomorrow?
SDCC 2011-2017, NYCC 2014-2017, D23 EXPO 2015-2017, SWCO 2017, Wondercon 2016