Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Hotel Discussion, July 20th to July 23rd  (Read 293442 times)

Offline chungerrr

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
Re: SDCC 2017 Hotel Discussion, July 20th to July 23rd
« Reply #2565 on: May 15, 2017, 09:51:48 AM »
Does anyone know if we are able to transfer the non-refundable Mission Valley early bird rooms to other people? I managed to get a downtown hotel today, and am hoping I don't have to let my Mission Valley hotel go to waste.

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #2566 on: May 15, 2017, 09:53:22 AM »
From my confirmation email:

Cancellation Policy
Reservations may be canceled on or before May 15, 2017, without penalty. (that's today, btw)

For reservations canceled May 16, 2017 through June 6, 2017, a cancellation fee equal to one night's room rate and tax will be deducted from the deposit provided.

Reservations canceled on or after June 7, 2017, ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2567 on: Today at 10:26:48 AM »

Offline chungerrr

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #2567 on: May 15, 2017, 10:04:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
From my confirmation email:

Cancellation Policy
Reservations may be canceled on or before May 15, 2017, without penalty. (that's today, btw)

For reservations canceled May 16, 2017 through June 6, 2017, a cancellation fee equal to one night's room rate and tax will be deducted from the deposit provided.

Reservations canceled on or after June 7, 2017, ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

ah - i think those are for the general lottery hotels. The Early Bird one I got was for non-refundable mission valley rooms only.

Offline Johnc86

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #2568 on: May 15, 2017, 10:20:08 AM »
For people who are staying in Mission Valley, do you all usually just take the shuttle or rent a car? I think I'd like to avoid renting a car but if that's the best route to take, I may just do that.

Offline Breq

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #2569 on: May 15, 2017, 10:22:17 AM »
If you're close to a trolley station, you can also take the trolley! It's pretty convenient.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #2570 on: May 15, 2017, 10:23:34 AM »
For people who are staying in Mission Valley, do you all usually just take the shuttle or rent a car? I think I'd like to avoid renting a car but if that's the best route to take, I may just do that.

If you take the shuttle then you also have to buy parking which is a whole other headache. I have taken the shuttle from hotel circle and it was fine. That is what I would do if I were you.

Offline jon.reynolds

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #2571 on: May 15, 2017, 10:28:29 AM »

Shuttle or Trolley. I like the Trolley but it stops running at like 11PM or so

Offline gobbieboom

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 50
« Reply #2572 on: May 15, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »
Does anyone know if we are able to transfer the non-refundable Mission Valley early bird rooms to other people? I managed to get a downtown hotel today, and am hoping I don't have to let my Mission Valley hotel go to waste.

I could swear that name changes on early bird sale reservations were no longer accepted after May 1st...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #2573 on: May 15, 2017, 10:33:54 AM »

Here's the EB info You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

I could swear that name changes on early bird sale reservations were no longer accepted after May 1st...

Yes.  Maybe the hotel can fix names directly once the official hotel confirmation arrives in July.

Offline ToryRoxx

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #2574 on: May 15, 2017, 10:35:36 AM »
For those who have stayed at hotel circle what was your experience?

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2575 on: May 15, 2017, 10:37:36 AM »
For the non early bird reservations, Travel Planners and onPeak have always allowed you to upgrade your reservation to another hotel without penalty, as long as you stay within their ecosystem.  Not sure if this will be the case this year or not.

Maybe if someone makes a call into onPeak they can verify if that is the case?

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 83
« Reply #2576 on: May 15, 2017, 10:56:57 AM »
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times but if any one can link me to where appreciated!

Someone used my link to book a hotel for SDCC, they used their Credit card to put down the booking deposit and I got the confirmation email which I sent on to them. The room is in my name though so the Q is how do I switch the room over from my name to their name? can I do it online or via email (preferred option) or do i have to ring Onpeak.

Offline tluu

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2577 on: May 15, 2017, 11:02:29 AM »
For the "Occupant" name, you have to ring OnPeak.  It *should* be painless.  They will ask some identifying questions though (e.g. OnPeak ID number, e-mail associated with the account, phone number associated with the account, last 4 digits of credit card used to pay the deposit).  You can change the e-mail address and telephone number associated with the account online though.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times but if any one can link me to where appreciated!

Someone used my link to book a hotel for SDCC, they used their Credit card to put down the booking deposit and I got the confirmation email which I sent on to them. The room is in my name though so the Q is how do I switch the room over from my name to their name? can I do it online or via email (preferred option) or do i have to ring Onpeak.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #2578 on: May 15, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »
For those who have stayed at hotel circle what was your experience?

I've stayed at Hotel Circle before, it's been a while though but I doubt much has changed about it from my experience. I love being in the Gaslamp, of course, but it's not bad at all. Depending on where you are in the hotel shuttle order, it could possibly be "worse." If you're staying there, I'd look at the shuttle list in advance and determine where you are in the order and plan according.

For instance, my hotel was the last stop before it went straight to the Convention Center. That meant I was on the shuttle and the trip was significantly less than some people who had gotten on earlier. So I didn't need to plan as much how early I needed to be to make sure I got there when I wanted. That also meant that I was the last in the order in terms of going from the convention center to my hotel. I personally didn't mind the like 2x length of time to get back in comparison to getting to the center, because I was usually exhausted anyway so it didn't matter too much to me.

We had cars with us too, so we were able to hop over to restaurants etc. and there were also restaurants around the hotels too. (Mine had one like 20 feet from our room and it was actually really good.) But you might want to look into whether your Hotel Circle hotel has free parking or paid parking (and if they guarantee at least 1 parking spot per room.) Mine did that year, not sure if that's changed, so it was easy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:17:01 AM by Iris_aya »
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #2579 on: May 15, 2017, 11:14:32 AM »
Seems to have settled down a little for now.  I'm sure it will change as the day goes on and also with today being the last day to cancel.

Here is the hotel room inventory as of Noon EDT.

What does a minus number mean in the inventory.  Are they overbooking?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

edit to correct bbcode mod Ang
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:38:04 AM by Angology »
Phasers on Stun!!!