Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Hotel Discussion, July 20th to July 23rd  (Read 293468 times)

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
Re: SDCC 2017 Hotel Discussion, July 20th to July 23rd
« Reply #2895 on: June 30, 2017, 03:16:17 PM »
My Bayfront reservation showed up by itself right on my Hilton Honors account. Surprised and happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline strider907

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2896 on: June 30, 2017, 03:58:59 PM »
Has anyone with an Omni reservation heard anything?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2897 on: Today at 05:02:17 PM »

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #2897 on: June 30, 2017, 06:10:38 PM »
My Bayfront reservation shows! :)
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #2898 on: June 30, 2017, 08:52:53 PM »
My friend just confirmed that our Bayfront reservation auto-populated into her HHonors account online, like last year!
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #2899 on: June 30, 2017, 09:20:47 PM »
My Bayfront reservation is also appearing in the HHonors app...

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #2900 on: June 30, 2017, 10:01:39 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My Bayfront reservation is also appearing in the HHonors app...

From what happened last year and this year with HHonors, they seem to auto-populate the HHonors account onto the reservation if the name and phone number (maybe also the e-mail address) match up with the HHonors account. Unless you call in to switch it to another account. At least it always saves a bit of time for my friend not having to connect the account. Obviously it wouldn't take much time, but always nice to move onto the requests to be put on the reservation in advance.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #2901 on: June 30, 2017, 11:52:57 PM »
thanks everyone

my bayfront reservation shows too in my hhonors account too.

under actions there is a request upon arrival, i dont want to click it. does anybody know what that option is for? thanks
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:55:06 PM by TheNeck »
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #2902 on: July 01, 2017, 03:02:11 AM »
thanks everyone

under actions there is a request upon arrival, i dont want to click it. does anybody know what that option is for? thanks

I don't know all of the options because it's not under my account, but my friend was able to specifically request two extra towels in room when we arrive instead of the three that should be in there. Just in case. We have the normal amount of people listed as needed, but you never know.

Edit: Also, it may differ from hotel to hotel what you can request automatically. We'll have to call in for one of our requests and to ask a question either way, as it was not requestable via the online system.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:04:56 AM by Iris_aya »

Online Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #2903 on: July 01, 2017, 06:02:34 AM »
thanks everyone

I clicked it yesterday, it's to order things to have in your room when you get there, for example a $25 bottle of water or a $40 cheese plate.  ;D

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #2904 on: July 01, 2017, 07:19:31 AM »
I don't know all of the options because it's not under my account, but my friend was able to specifically request two extra towels in room when we arrive instead of the three that should be in there. Just in case. We have the normal amount of people listed as needed, but you never know.

Edit: Also, it may differ from hotel to hotel what you can request automatically. We'll have to call in for one of our requests and to ask a question either way, as it was not requestable via the online system.
Nice to see that I am not the only one that requests extra towels! Why is it always three? There are 2 of us in the room-it should be 4! LOL.

No email here from the Omni. I need to go check my account.
Ang

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #2905 on: July 02, 2017, 12:29:33 AM »
For those with Marriott Rewards, Marriott reservations are showing for me.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #2906 on: July 02, 2017, 01:29:41 AM »
Nice to see that I am not the only one that requests extra towels! Why is it always three? There are 2 of us in the room-it should be 4! LOL.

No email here from the Omni. I need to go check my account.

Right? In part I understand, often people on vacation just use a towel once and throw it on the ground, only to have to be picked up by housekeeping and replaced. It's probably to keep people fro using towels will-nilly and to save water in general, so I get needing to request more. At least through HHonors they're allowing (at the Bayfront at least) to request them ahead of time.

There are 3-4 of us depending on the year, but frankly during SDCC there's a lot of "Okay, I'm making a run to the hotel room. I'm going to rinse off and restock any snacks/etc., brb." For which your towel may not be dry enough by that point. So we always just do it in advance/when we check-in.

Offline Jonathan

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 338
« Reply #2907 on: July 02, 2017, 12:36:38 PM »
Right? In part I understand, often people on vacation just use a towel once and throw it on the ground, only to have to be picked up by housekeeping and replaced. It's probably to keep people fro using towels will-nilly and to save water in general, so I get needing to request more. At least through HHonors they're allowing (at the Bayfront at least) to request them ahead of time.

There are 3-4 of us depending on the year, but frankly during SDCC there's a lot of "Okay, I'm making a run to the hotel room. I'm going to rinse off and restock any snacks/etc., brb." For which your towel may not be dry enough by that point. So we always just do it in advance/when we check-in.

There's only two of us in my room, and yet we always request more towels. I never understood why hotels came with 3. I guess I'm also being OCD, but for me, I'd do 4 towels. Either 2 of every towel, or 4. But so many hotels do 3 of the bath towel. Can't stand that.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #2908 on: July 02, 2017, 02:30:19 PM »
There's only two of us in my room, and yet we always request more towels. I never understood why hotels came with 3. I guess I'm also being OCD, but for me, I'd do 4 towels. Either 2 of every towel, or 4. But so many hotels do 3 of the bath towel. Can't stand that.

Part of what drives me crazy (I actually prefer odd numbers, for some reason even numbers freak me out) is even if you have a full four-occupancy listed on the room, half the time/some hotels always still put only 3 full size towels. We've had that happen when we have 4 people at the Bayfront @.@. Why doesn't a full 4 occupancy on the res., especially spanning multiple nights, not warrant automatically placing 4 full sized towels?

Maybe it's because housekeeping generally has a set list of thing to do for rooms and they don't want the system to be bogged down by needing special instructions for multiple rooms. Or also maybe because they're not always doing rooms in a specific order (ie. no disturb signs, check-out time differences.) But considering there are special requests like cheese plates, etc., I imagine housekeeping do that too.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:32:35 PM by Iris_aya »

Offline force951

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #2909 on: July 02, 2017, 04:48:23 PM »
Part of what drives me crazy (I actually prefer odd numbers, for some reason even numbers freak me out) is even if you have a full four-occupancy listed on the room, half the time/some hotels always still put only 3 full size towels. We've had that happen when we have 4 people at the Bayfront @.@. Why doesn't a full 4 occupancy on the res., especially spanning multiple nights, not warrant automatically placing 4 full sized towels?

Maybe it's because housekeeping generally has a set list of thing to do for rooms and they don't want the system to be bogged down by needing special instructions for multiple rooms. Or also maybe because they're not always doing rooms in a specific order (ie. no disturb signs, check-out time differences.) But considering there are special requests like cheese plates, etc., I imagine housekeeping do that too.

If you have special requests you are going to be pre-assigned a room. So they can send someone up to put that in. Otherwise you aren't assigned a room until check-in so they don't customize the room to your reservation.