Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Open Registration  (Read 44181 times)

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
Re: SDCC 2020 Open Registration
« Reply #285 on: November 24, 2019, 10:51:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My sister uses Hotmail for Comic Con, and I always have to ask her to check her email around registration times (I do all the registration & hotel stuff for the both of us), because everything goes straight to spam.

I was missing one confirmation from a Live account, which is associated with Hotmail. I couldn't find it in spam and had to get it resent.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #286 on: December 12, 2019, 05:33:46 PM »
So, after all is said and done, I do not have badges for my wife and I as expected. The buyer attempted to work it out with CCI, but that must not have panned out as I got a refund from the buyer today. Have fun at SDCC 2020! Hopefully I can make a return in 2021. Until then, I'll just live vicariously (enviously?) through all the posts come July.
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #287 on: Today at 02:43:17 AM »

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #287 on: December 13, 2019, 06:50:49 AM »
So, after all is said and done, I do not have badges for my wife and I as expected. The buyer attempted to work it out with CCI, but that must not have panned out as I got a refund from the buyer today. Have fun at SDCC 2020! Hopefully I can make a return in 2021. Until then, I'll just live vicariously (enviously?) through all the posts come July.

That's a shame.

I know this may be a long shot, but would you consider the auction if they have one.  From what I heard, the prices dropped the longer the auction ran, and in the end, the prices weren't much more than the price of the badges during open registration.

Just a thought
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #288 on: December 13, 2019, 07:45:53 AM »
I agree with Sessionka about the auction. I was surprised at how cheaply those badges were selling toward the end.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #289 on: December 13, 2019, 08:16:35 AM »
I agree with Sessionka about the auction. I was surprised at how cheaply those badges were selling toward the end.

I’ll definitely keep an eye out. I do remember the auctions getting pretty cheap. Do we know if they’ll be doing that again or was it a one off to raise money for the museum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #290 on: December 13, 2019, 08:26:23 AM »
I’ll definitely keep an eye out. I do remember the auctions getting pretty cheap. Do we know if they’ll be doing that again or was it a one off to raise money for the museum?

I don't think it has been officially announced, just assumed.

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #291 on: December 13, 2019, 01:28:55 PM »
no oficial announcement, buy my guess is this will be something they will do every year from now on, Museum is in full operation and thats a great way to get some extra funds and to sell canceled badges, quantities could vary each year I guess.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #292 on: December 14, 2019, 07:18:28 AM »

hey are u interested in trying for a pair of badges in the Museum sales? we can help with the group think on pricing.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #293 on: December 17, 2019, 10:12:40 AM »
hey are u interested in trying for a pair of badges in the Museum sales? we can help with the group think on pricing.

Potentially. It will depend on airfare. We have airfare, but I only have until the end of the month to cancel for a moderate fee. If I wait until after (and no auction ends up happening) then it will cost me substantially more to cancel.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #294 on: December 17, 2019, 10:42:36 AM »
Potentially. It will depend on airfare. We have airfare, but I only have until the end of the month to cancel for a moderate fee. If I wait until after (and no auction ends up happening) then it will cost me substantially more to cancel.

i'm heading to the museum on Friday for their holiday party for sponsors- i'll see what i can find out re the sales
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #295 on: December 17, 2019, 10:49:09 AM »
i'm heading to the museum on Friday for their holiday party for sponsors- i'll see what i can find out re the sales
As much as they're in "we need money" mode, I can't imagine that wouldn't.  But they seem to have so many other....things....going on right now that I'm sure are a much higher priority at the moment, who knows.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #296 on: December 17, 2019, 12:40:01 PM »

I would say the odds of ebay sales again is high.  Odds of them being down between now and new years....low.  They want to wait till people have the tax return money in hand to really spend high!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #297 on: December 17, 2019, 02:34:36 PM »

That sounds like super fun! Please let us know what is was like!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia