Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy -Vol 2 **Spoilers**  (Read 5175 times)

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Guardians of the Galaxy -Vol 2 **Spoilers**
« on: April 28, 2017, 03:22:05 PM »
Boukenred was lucky and got to see this movie before the world premiere. Check out his review on the FoCC blog.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy -Vol 2 **Spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 05:07:47 PM »
We knew this ;D

From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There's a fan theory that Stan Lee has been playing one character - perhaps even himself - in every single one of his movie cameos. If that idea sounds far-fetched, well, let's just say Marvel isn't shooting it down.

“Yes, we always thought it would be fun. Stan Lee clearly exists, you know, above and apart from the reality of all the films," Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige explained at a press junket (via ScreenRant). "So the notion that he could be sitting there on a cosmic pit stop during the jump gate sequence in [Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2] was something very fun — James had that idea and we shot that cameo and loved it so much, you know, you see it a couple of times in the movie. It wasn’t in for a long time and we put it back in towards the end of the process where he references that time he was a Federal Express agent — we thought it would be fun to put that in there because that really says, so wait a minute, he’s this same character who’s popped up in all these films."

While Feige doesn't explicitly say this, part of the theory is that Lee himself bridges the gap between 20th Century Fox, Sony, and Marvel's own cinematic universes. And, given the second Easter egg hiding in Lee's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 cameo (which we won't spoil here), Feige may have just given a handful of conspiratorially minded fans more fuel for their speculation.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:51:54 PM »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 05:15:48 PM »
Going on Tuesday...I'm stoked.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 05:18:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We knew this ;D

But does that include his appearance in big Hero 6?

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 05:20:29 PM »
We knew this ;D

I've always thought that the fan theory that Stan Lee has all the cameos because he is The Watcher is pure genius.  :)

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 09:14:31 AM »
About time it is May 4th! Why? Seeing the movie tonight! Felt like it took forever to get to the date.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 09:48:12 AM »
Movie is great.
Once some more of you have watched this ....I need some one explain something to me, or let me know if it is just a plot hole.
Also the Jeff Goldblum cameo was maybe the oddest cameo placement in a movie I have ever seen.

Offline takit0

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 92
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 12:31:52 PM »
SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!

Because I'm seeing this movie with friends, I have to wait until the 10th  :(  :(
I hope I have enough patience to wait until then... lol.
2023: SDCC & Fantastic Fest
2024: ...

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »
Was all set to see the double feature today, then late this morning I started getting chills and running a fever. Completely bummed.

Offline spritegirl24_7

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 08:08:41 PM »
Was all set to see the double feature today, then late this morning I started getting chills and running a fever. Completely bummed.

Oh no! That seriously sucks! We just got out of the double feature, but ours started 30 mins late due to projection issues in the theater. I hope you're feeling better soon & get to go see it.

I loved the movie just as much as Vol. 1.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 10:09:56 PM »
Just got back from seeing the film. I must say, it is very good, but it doesn't fully beat the first film. Vol. 1 has that special magic, which makes it hard to beat. Overall, Vol. 2 is entertaining. You all should like it.

Btw, sorry to hear that [member=4270]mark[/member]--I hope you get better fast.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:29:25 PM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 01:44:05 AM »
For the sake of balance in this thread, and to be a bit of a Debbie Downer, I was not a fan of the film at all. I've seen it twice now and the first watch was OK, even enjoyable at times. But the second viewing was a bore. There is no progression of the characters. The father/son relationship is pretty woeful. The CGI is not up to scratch. The action feels lacklustre especially the damp squib of a finale. The "will-they-won't-they" of Peter and Gamora is touched upon once and then forgotten. I never felt Ego was an all powerful villain either. My biggets gripe is the soundtrack - boring, dull and hardly well-known songs. Also it feels as if they are choosing the songs before even shooting the film now.
I did like Mantis and Nebula. Also good to see Rocket get a more interesting storyline. Nice to see Rooker break out of a secondary character role and become almost a lead guy. And of course Baby Groot steals every scene (which is fun, but also papers over several big cracks in the overall film).

Can't see me ever watching this film again. A complete misstep.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 06:30:32 AM »
Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. I guess I am old because I knew all of the songs. I love that they don't use re-purposed hipster-ish remakes of old songs (that does work sometimes). The use of Brandy should have forewarned everyone that Ego was a jerk. As a kid, I liked the song, but remembering complaining to mom that the sailor was a jerk.

The standout to me was Drax. He really made the movie better for me. Every time he laughed, it made me happy. Mr. Bautista really seems to be the perfect actor for the part. Baby Groot was great, and I don't really think that he was overused. Also loved that they gave Rooker a bigger role.

Maybe it wasn't a great film, but I felt it was a really good movie. It made me forget about work for a while (which is something, these days-my job has been hectic and not so great). I will say that the first one was better.

For the sake of balance-I will agree that it was difficult to buy Kurt Russell as a powerful villain. Maybe it's the dimples. Or his performance. It was better than Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor, but that is not a compliment.
Ang

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 07:18:18 AM »
We saw the Double Feature last night and I have to say that the first one really is still better, it may just be due to the originality at the time. The new one is entertaining but at times it seemed that the humor was a little forced, all the Groot stuff was great and there's lots of it. I did enjoy the deadpan stuff from Drax, but started getting tired of his laughter outbursts after a while. Some of the music may not have been as good as the music in the first one. Quite enjoyed all that Rocket and Rooker got to do in this one, it seemed like most of the secondary stars from the first film all had increased roles in the second go around even Sean Gunn. Plenty of cameos and a number of during the credit clips worth sticking around for.
Overall a fun distraction for a couple of hours, just not quite as fun or original as the first - Go see it for yourself, of course: I AM GROOT 

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 07:29:40 AM »
I was just thinking that how much I liked the secondary characters is probably not be a good thing. Aren't the lead characters supposed to shine (I do still like Chris Pratt-he is a likeable guy)?
I never got tired of Drax's laughter. It does sound a bit forced, but I think that is part of his character-people from his planet are probably not well versed in humor (and definitely not tact!).
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Ang