Author Topic: Marvel Studios: Thor and Captain America, Hall H, 6:00pm-7:00pm  (Read 34922 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: Marvel at sdcc
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 11:29:47 AM »
I imagine S.H.I.E.L.D doing Ballroom 20 or maybe Hall H on Sunday since it's not Marvel Studios, it's ABC.

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 11:33:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I imagine S.H.I.E.L.D doing Ballroom 20 or maybe Hall H on Sunday since it's not Marvel Studios, it's ABC.

It's still Marvel Studios - just their television division. Marvel and ABC are both owned by Disney, so it's really under all the same umbrella.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 11:34:40 AM »
Yeah, I realized that after I posted! LOL But I still think they'd keep it out of the MCU panel.

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »
He also tweeted this:
Unconfirmed but most likely making panel presence: Thor 2 & GOTG. @marvel #sdcc 7/20/13 hall H panel
Even with that it's hard to imagine the panel being longer than an hour and a half. Captain America will be halfway through filming but GotG will only be a few weeks into shooting. Even if they have an Ant-Man update and announce more phase 3 movies there would be an extreme amount of question and answer to get to 3 hours.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 11:51:15 AM »
If you add in Thor though, that could take up a fair chunk of time as well.

Offline wikkibird

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »
Crap, and that's the day I don't have a ticket for and Marvel is.99% why I am going, lol.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 01:38:59 PM »
Wow, go to your day job and look at what you miss! ;)

Good news all around! :D

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 01:40:14 PM »
Wow, go to your day job and look at what you miss! ;)

Good news all around! :D

I hate when life gets in the way of fun!

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 01:41:56 PM »
They basically said they'd be there this year during the panel last year. No reason to worry in the first place.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »
I hate when life gets in the way of fun!

Work got in the way. Work isn't life. It's just a reasonable way to earn a living so I can have a life. ;)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 02:18:50 PM »
I am a man of character, honor, and honesty, and have zero problems saying "I was wrong" (hell, being married for almost 15 years you learn to say, 'I'm sorry, I was wrong you were right'  :P) and as of right now I'm elated to admit when I'm wrong.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 02:27:17 PM »
Seems unlikely for Marvel Studios to have a 3 hours panel, He's probably assuming panels for amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future past and Marvel Studios to run consecutively. If that's the case I think I'll have to camp out to get a seat.

I'll say this:

1) Marvel has never had a three hour panel.  Not last year when they did their 'AVENGERS' victory lap + announced ALL of Marvel's Phase 2 movies AND did the full nine-yards for IRON MAN 3.  Not in 2010 when they did the combined panels for THOR & CAP. AND intro'ed THE AVENGERS.  This is definitely new territory for Marvel films.

2) I can't imagine Latino Review or elmayimbe lumping Fox films with marvel films.  Latino Review is the absolute BOMB when it comes to breaking Marvel exclusives, and there is zero chance that either Fox or Marvel would let the other (rival) studio hog their glory.

3) by July, THOR 2 will be done filming I think, CAP 2 might be close to finishing, and GUARDIANS will have MAYBE just started.  In 2010 when Marvel had THOR & CAP in the pipe, they should quite a bit of stuff for THOR w/most of the cast, then ushered them offstage and brought out the CAP cast to show a fully edited scene after five days filming.  I just throw this out for reference

4) WORLD'S END is being released August 2013.  This is a sci-fi/comedy for Comic-Con hero Edgar Wright, and it would not surprise me to see him have a panel (he did panels for SHAUN OF THE DEAD, HOT FUZZ, and of course SCOTT PILGRIM).  Perhaps he might pop in to the Marvel panel, as ANT MAN would likely be in pre-production by July.

5) I've seen every Marvel SD Comic-Con panel, and without a doubt I can tell you that they really know how to do Comic-Con.  If you've never had the pleasure of attending, you're in for an entertaining treat.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »
Wow!  Been at work all day and this is great news to pick up.  I'm glad to learn that any fears I had were unfounded.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 04:14:50 PM »
3) by July, THOR 2 will be done filming I think, CAP 2 might be close to finishing, and GUARDIANS will have MAYBE just started.  In 2010 when Marvel had THOR & CAP in the pipe, they should quite a bit of stuff for THOR w/most of the cast, then ushered them offstage and brought out the CAP cast to show a fully edited scene after five days filming.  I just throw this out for reference

I'm fairly certain Thor is already done filming.  They started filming last fall and pretty much all the cast is doing other things by now (Chris was vacationing in Australia a few weeks ago).  Cap is supposed to start next month, so there should be plenty of footage for that as well.  (Iron Man 3 didn't start until May and we got a fairly meaty trailer complete with effects last year).  Guardians is pretty much the only wild card--I know that June was a rumored start, but that was a while ago.  Even if they don't have much (if anything ready) by Comic Con, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out the cast anyways.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 04:17:29 PM »
I'm fairly certain Thor is already done filming.  They started filming last fall and pretty much all the cast is doing other things by now (Chris was vacationing in Australia a few weeks ago).  Cap is supposed to start next month, so there should be plenty of footage for that as well.  (Iron Man 3 didn't start until May and we got a fairly meaty trailer complete with effects last year).  Guardians is pretty much the only wild card--I know that June was a rumored start, but that was a while ago.  Even if they don't have much (if anything ready) by Comic Con, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out the cast anyways.

I believe the 1st trailer is due out next month.